• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves you think need changes?

The same guy who decided on lowering Dark Void's accuracy while also making it now only usable by Darkrai.

Hypnosis has 60%...
Yawn 100%? and Probability 100%.... and it isn't even a sound move...
They really should thonl

Taking that we have now Electric Terrain, Misty terrain, Sweet Veil and other options?

Probability and accuracy... taking some sleep moves don't do actual damage on that turn and sleep lasts 3 turns...

Lovely kiss would need to do some damage and have 100% probability on oposite gender and 85% accuracy. In my opinion.

Who the hell thought it was a good idea to give the only physical non-signature fairy type move a non perfect accuracy?

weird that a move like Comet Punch didnt get retyped by now as a fairy or steel move?
Taking how they named a fairy type max move, hope they do that too.

Last edited:
Scald should be super effective on Ice types, in the same vein as Freeze-Dry is super effective on Water types.
Well... on one hand it makes sense and I thought in a similar way to, but on the other side, water doesn’t need more buffs and Ice doesn’t need more debuffs than it already has...

Curse beeing turned against the oponent , send back via Court Change and Psycho shift?
without the damage taken? Magic Bounce too actually should Bounce it back.

I would make that a move like Grudge and Spite get a additional effect not only taking away pp points but also making that a turn is counted as two when used and make effects of some moves and Dynamax last shorter. Make Perish Song work faster , Curse and weather damage deal double damage on one turn.

Fairy Lock doesnt trap ghosts that means Run Away users should escape too.
Also only traping, it should work like Octolock in my opinion, reduce speed and attack of oponent for those two turns because it leaves a oponening to get hit by the user.
During the turn its used and during the next one.
More fairy and steel types should get it that are related with locks, castles, doors.
Meltan, Kling Klang would fit that role too.

Psychoshift should be able to use while beeing Frozen or when Sleep...
during sleep only while sleep talk?
Its frozen and if it's a psyhic, fairy, ghost type then it can hear the trainer or read trainers mind during battle. Especialy if a pokemon has Telepathy...

Last edited:
How are Meltan and Klingklang connected to locks?

metalic or magical beeings should be able to produce fairy locks...
also it is maybe fairy energy but locks are basic from metal and metal beeings should be able to create locks...

Acid Amor realy should heal status conditions when used to the defense boost, would allow to come out of freeze.

Grudge - takes away all oponents pp of last move if the user fainst by it?
... Should also reduce pp of status moves and moves that don't take it out
like pressure would be activated then.

Spite - take aways 4pp? why not 5? why not half pp? why no inflicting damage?

Snipe shot --> would make it a bullet and bomb category, its a shot come on...
Water gun after so much time too taking that never made contact in anime together.
Octazooka is blocked!
Flash cannon or Steel Beam, or both into the bomb category. We need a special one there.
Dragon Darts, come on or Dragon Rage put into this category , both should actually.

Snipe Shot deals damage and has an increased critical hit ratio. It is unaffected by move and Ability effects that draw in moves, such as Follow Me and Storm Drain.
If Snipe Shot is selected by Metronome, the move will fail (as Metronome targets oneself when it is used).

Would make addition to allow it to surpass screening moves like a instant Infiltrator and break through substitutes.

Drum Beating--> put into Sound category, they should do it next game to make it more Interesting.

Pyrobal--> would make addition that it can break through Protects in sunny weather like thunder in rain.
The dame for Fire Blast.

Sprakling Aria--> heals opoents burns in doubles and singles but now restores users 25% hp similar like Purify does. Realy should get something.

Court Change- changes sides of entry hazards, screens, rooms and counts them from zero.
Should be able also to switch Curse and Perish song count back to the oponent.
Maybe could end weather or switch weather and count from zero making the user immune to the weather damage?

Power Whip- should have a chance to confuse the foe.

Would make that moves that have 40 pp are reduced all to 25pp

Last edited:
metalic or magical beeings should be able to produce fairy locks...
also it is maybe fairy energy but locks are basic from metal and metal beeings should be able to create locks...
That doesn't make any sense. Being made out of metal doesn't mean a Pokemon can make a lock out of itself any more than being made out of flesh means I can create a tail because tails are made from flesh.

That doesn't make any sense. Being made out of metal doesn't mean a Pokemon can make a lock out of itself any more than being made out of flesh means I can create a tail because tails are made from flesh.

that doesnt change the fact that pokemon with nearly no tail learn tail moves... also many pokemon learn moves they theoreticaly should not...
But that makes pokemon interesting.

Last edited:
that doesnt change the fast that pokemon with nearly no tail learn tail moves... also many pokemon learn moves they theoreticaly should not...
But that makes pokemon interesting.
The tail-less Pokémon that learn tail moves are because they evolve from Pokémon that originally had tails, so there was nothing they could with that.

...That has nothing to do with what I said, or this thread's topic.
Right. When I think right now Gravity could last 4 turns and block all flying type moves. Telekinesis should in 3 turns also block moves, maybe physical ones? Or maybe telekinesis could block flying moves?

Last edited:
This isn't exactly a move change, but surely it's about time to alter the functionality of the DNA Splicers so that we can have a White Kyurem and a Black Kyurem simultaneously?

This isn't exactly a move change, but surely it's about time to alter the functionality of the DNA Splicers so that we can have a White Kyurem and a Black Kyurem simultaneously?

never understood why not using the moves didnt trigger the transformation? transform before execution or after to make stab and allowing Kyruem to learn both moves.

never understood why not using the moves didnt trigger the transformation? transform before execution or after to make stab and allowing Kyruem to learn both moves.
Probably because merging two Pokemon together mid-battle would be too complicated, and pretty bad for the player using them, since they'd lose a Pokemon that way.

Probably because merging two Pokemon together mid-battle would be too complicated, and pretty bad for the player using them, since they'd lose a Pokemon that way.

did the anime and games ever showed us they merge and combine with each others actually?

depends only... we think of the ice/dragon that it combines but like in the anime and movie they showed it only changed forms because the move that had the energy of the dragon/fire and the other of the dragon/electric legendary not because it combined with them... My proposal a transformation like Ryquaza or Morpeko via move and a secondary ability to it to do it right to switch bettween them and make them actually forms.

Would make Kyruem more authentic. Then maybe a mega as third form.

I think the combining of two pokemon would be a great way to introduce something more diffrent then mega or Dynamax/Gigantamax
not complicated , and not bad , lets say you use Plusle and Minum in a double battle and use some new mechanic to merge them.
Both have total stats 405, electric typing. Imagine that we fuse them together via a method created by scientist that would be a RNA evolution,
R-ring. a method that was maybe in the past used by ancients in a region where double battles oryginated from.

I imagine merging for 4 turns but make it better then megas bc You would loose one pokemon.
Was thinking if to make it a Gigantamax or Mega depending on pair of pokemon but maybe a mix? changing ability, type and moves?
(would be not much complicated then we have now) adding 200 BST, the 50% and the immunities and Max moves together?

After faiting of the form, both would transform back and faint too, after 4 turns it could faint automatically or revert back leaving both with half of the hp the form had left. If it had 1 hp then both would faint.

By fusing plus and minus I was thinking a ability immune to steel type attacks... similar other new forms could get type change...
They could create specific couples of pokemon to do it, choosing old unused pairs of pokemon to merge them.
Starters of the new region could get something different... I have enough of monotyped starters. This would be for less used pokemon.

We have Volbeat and Illumise, Meowstics and some other that could be neat with a form with a type change.

Also interesting would be if they would create a item , ability and move for pokemon to make this work during single battles too.
That you can call out your other pokemon and fuse them. Could work for 5 turns like a room, or for one turn to only fuse without waistig time...
Even when Your oponent has two pokemon he would have a hard time against a powerfull merged one but it would be more fair.

If You have two week pokemon you can loose them one or a other way... But then combining/fusing them together during battle would make sense.

If we take that trainer has a R-ring and both pokemon need the same item to fuse, then the user wont be able to use potions or berries or other items, that means that here a merge of something like Mega and Gigantamax would make even more sense, especially for non legendary pokemon... maybe one or two pairs of Legendaries that can this naturally?

Fusing via using the same move one after the other when moving last also would be cool but tricky bc easy to faint them before merging...
Maybe if the move would be a priority move to do it fast... but what would happen to the items??? Thats why I chose the fusing item option.
The new fused pokemons would be

Last edited:
There's whole cutscenes for both, and both items directly state it, so, yes.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmd_uEHxO0Q

Here it looks like it changed on will... no other dragon that fuse with it... Only dna modification.

Teatime- normal type status move, should affect potions too in future bc its weird that it doesnt.

also a new move to change the effects of berries and potions like Rottentime or something would be nice... imagine the berry or potion to deal damage instead and causeing a status condition?

Teatime doesnt work if the user has no berry or potion...does that mean it should be a priority move and cause the pokemon that have no item flinch or something on that turn or confuse the foe?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom