• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves you think need changes?

2-turn moves should really be a thing that needs to die. Make them all 1 turn moves.

Like Fly has no business being a 2-turn move. And most 2-turn moves like Roar of Time and Kyurem-Black and Kyurem-White's sig moves are moves that are limited to 1 Pokémon learnable (And some very, very, very specific events.) so it does no harm to make them 1-turn.

For all I care, give other drawbacks like stat lowering or lower accuracy, but just let 2-turn moves die.

They need to stay. Some would need changes. Fly should confuse the foe. Yes dig, dive, phantom force should cause confussion.

Last edited:
They need to stay. Some would need changes. Fly should confuse the foe. Yes dig, surf, phantom force should cause confussion.

Of all the moves you name, you pick the ones that definitely shouldn't be 2-turn moves... And even Surf, which... isn't a 2-turn move.

Fly takes 2 turns, which is fine for some strats, but can still miss. If I take 2 turns for a move, I don't want it too miss. Other than Brave Bird, it's one of the few good Physical FLying moves (Without recoil) and it could help out enough mons that can't permit the recoil.

Dig is the same. Fine for strats, but one good Earthquake and you are a goner. Besides that, there is stuff like Drill Run with the same BP but with 5 percent less accuracy but an added effect.

Surf is a one turn move and is fine in my opinion. Phantom Force I can understand since it breaks through protection.

Of all the moves you name, you pick the ones that definitely shouldn't be 2-turn moves... And even Surf, which... isn't a 2-turn move.

Fly takes 2 turns, which is fine for some strats, but can still miss. If I take 2 turns for a move, I don't want it too miss. Other than Brave Bird, it's one of the few good Physical FLying moves (Without recoil) and it could help out enough mons that can't permit the recoil.

Dig is the same. Fine for strats, but one good Earthquake and you are a goner. Besides that, there is stuff like Drill Run with the same BP but with 5 percent less accuracy but an added effect.

Surf is a one turn move and is fine in my opinion. Phantom Force I can understand since it breaks through protection.

sorry my bad not surf but Dive.
Dig, Dive, Phantom Force, Fly if they would get confussion to the semiinvunerable state then they can only gain.

Did you self looked at that list of moves that cause confusion?
I don't think moves that hide or make Pokemon out of reach would cause confusion, the moves that do tend to fall towards physically disorienting the opponent or mental manipulation. Granted the former is vague, it's still different enough from semi-invulnerable moves which physically aren't much different from Tackle with extra types.

I'm in the same boat as those who think Stealth Rock needs to be defanged. Either lower its PP, reduce the damage it deals (like maybe 1/4 of a Mons health at max), or make it temporary. Another idea, though it's rather far-fetched, is maybe Stealth Rock can be absorbed by a Rock Mon switching in, like how Toxic Spikes can be "absorbed" by a grounded Poison Mon, thereby negating it. Just thought I'd throw that idea out.

Also, I agree that Scald needs a nerf. Considering most FIRE moves don't have a 30% chance of burn (most have only 10%, except ones like Lava Plume and Sacred Fire), giving a 30% chance to burn to a WATER move seem very unfair. It should, at most, have only a 20% chance of burning. Either that or reduce its BP to, say, 50. But, yeah, Scald really needs to a nerf.

I don't think moves that hide or make Pokemon out of reach would cause confusion, the moves that do tend to fall towards physically disorienting the opponent or mental manipulation. Granted the former is vague, it's still different enough from semi-invulnerable moves which physically aren't much different from Tackle with extra types.
Hitting sudently from somewhere can confuse with that power... The same could be with flinching, paralyze... Bounce.

Bounce is because the user's whole weight slams into the target, like with Body Slam. It's not really a mystery where the user goes with Fly, Dive, or Dig-the foe saw them head into the sky/sea/earth.

Bounce is because the user's whole weight slams into the target, like with Body Slam. It's not really a mystery where the user goes with Fly, Dive, or Dig-the foe saw them head into the sky/sea/earth.

then should at last cause flinching. Or making the oponent slower?
They allow to avoid a hit similar like a protect and can play with "increased priority" in my opinion.

Dig and earthquake and magnitued, should ground and rock types that use Dig be hitted by Earthquake?
or should other moves fill that gap.

Interesting also would be if Phantom Force could hit a dig, dive and fly user in that semiinvulnerable state like through protect. Some sound moves also should theoreticaly.

Hmmm interesting if a grass moves like Power whip, vine whip or grass knot should hit a dig user under ground.
Taking roots. Or if two pokemon use dig at the same time then they should hit each other or avoid with 50% chance of hitting.

Telekinesis and Teleport(idea to make teleport work like Roar and Baton Pass depending if user chooses itself , oponent or partner during battle) should end a seminvulnerable state of a pokemon in my opinion.

Telekinesis when used on a Dig, Phantom Force, Dive , Fly or Bounce user should work like Powder, end their phase and cause them damage and make levitate and be able to hit.
____

Seperate subject the move "Gravity".
Should block all flying type moves? including mega Ryquaza signature move and G-max Corviknights move?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom