• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves you think should exist.

Strange Bean

A Fine Fellow Indeed.
Reaction score
Attacks that do not exist that should, or would work will, for reasons aesthetic and functional, tailored for specific Pokemon or otherwise.

A Dark-type equivalent of Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam. The type lacks any good moves, and you can't go wrong with something like that.

Thunder Justice
Power 150
Accuracy 80
PP 5/5

Turn 1, charge, turn 2, attack
30% chance for paralysis

The pokemon sends a thunderbolt up, it crashes down in an amplified form a minute later.

Ghostly Wail
Power N/A
Accuracy 90
PP 5/5

Deals 80 damage to the foe

Pokemon lets loose a peculiar sound wave that causes pain to the foe, dealing a set amount of damage.

Full Potential
Power N/A
Accuracy N/A
PP 5/5

Raises all of users stats +1. Must recharge next turn.

personally, I think they should re-tweak the moves they already have more than anything. Now that physical and special attacks have been defined last generation, what's really keeping them from giving the elemental punches the same base power as Flamethrower, Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt? They certainly can't become complete clones of eachother now. And after doing that, they should give the elemental fangs the same power that elemental punches have now. That increase alone could really help out poor non-event Entei and Booster (not that there's anything specifically stopping GameFreak from just fucking giving them Flare Blitz in the first place).

Razor Wind is shit... why this move even exists is beyond me, but it needs to have something done to it. Skull Bash at least got a defense boost in generation 2... why couldn't Razor Wind have gotten a special defense boost (it would make sense)? But most of all, that 80 power is in no way worth wasting a turn for (especially given the level most Pokemon learn this move at... if this were an early level alternative to Pound, then fine, but as it stands, practically any Pokemon learning this has access to significantly better moves by the time it comes up). I mean, Sky Attack at least has some incentive (though, using up a turn BEFORE you strike is still a lot less advantageous than simply firing a Hyper Beam and possibly downing your current opposition before you're turned into a sitting duck), this crappy move's got nothing.

Teleport... why can't this actually do something in a battle? Triple Battles would've been the perfect chance to redeem the move by allowing it to switch positions between team mates, but what does GameFreak go and do? Introduce a new move that does just that. Guess Teleport's still pointless for anything other than making Casey a bitch to catch, and subsequently raise, early in the game.

Finally, I think Cut should have a tiny chance of causing an instant KO. Now, considering this move already does damage (albeit very pathetic damage), for it to have such an effect on top of that should mean that its odds of pulling it off should be even lower than the existing one-hit KO moves scoring a hit. Still, this would really make Cut seem actually worth using in battle to some extent (as of now, it's just a useless HM that's forced to be used by the player for the field, but even all the other HMs are at least decent in some way, specially with Flash gone). It would also make a lot of sense considering Cut's Japanese name (Iaigiri, a sword technique that involves cutting in the same stroke as it's being removed from its sheath). If not that, they should at least give it a high critical hit ratio, being a slicing-like attack (although, that would make it a poor man's Slash, it's still better than nothing).

(HM04 in my fanfic)
Memory Wind
Psychic
15PP
Special
Power: 95
Accuracy: 100
The user fires a mental torrent of nostalgia at the opponent, which leaves them vulnerable to any bad memories. It can also be used outside of battle as a substitute for Fly, but can warp to the last place it was used.
25% Chance of reducing both of the opponent's special stats, and hits both foes in a double battle.

(HM08 " ")
Lock Pick
Psychic
20PP
Other
Power: --
Accuracy: --
The user concentrates its mental ability to free its mind of concern and gain power from happy memories. Outside of battle, it can open locked doors and gates.
Does not affect the opponent; definitely raises Attack, Special Attack, Defence, Special Defence and Speed. 30% chance of restoring HP, raising Evasiveness, Accuracy and critical hit ratio for the next move.

Also, I think Magnet Rise should be usable outside of battle to hover over the ground (but not water), so wild Pokémon can't ambush you in grass or caves.

I always found that Psychic had limited movepools, so maybe they should be given some other type special moves.
Pyrokinesis - fire
Cryokinesis - ice
Biokinesis - poison
Botanokinesis - grass
Electrokinesis - electric
Magnokinesis - steel
Geokinesis - ground
Aerokinesis - flying
Aquakinesis - water
Audiokinesis - bug
Vitakinesis - dark

More OHKO moves! More, more! How about an electric one named Electrocute, or perhaps maybe a rock type named Crusher.

I have revised Full Potential

PP 5/5
Power N/A
Accuracy N/A

Raises all stats by 1

1st turn, charge, 2nd turn execute.

The user focuses all of it's powers to raise it's overall capabilities.

Saber
PP 10/10
Power N/A
Accuracy N/A

Raises Attack and Sp.Attack +3. All subsequent moves are random.

Unleashes the user's inner power, sharply boosting it's offensive capabilities, however, the trainer no longer controls which move the user will use.

Special notes: Going off the anime, sorta, this move will only be available for starter pokemon.

I always found that Psychic had limited movepools, so maybe they should be given some other type special moves.
Pyrokinesis - fire
Cryokinesis - ice
Biokinesis - poison
Botanokinesis - grass
Electrokinesis - electric
Magnokinesis - steel
Geokinesis - ground
Aerokinesis - flying
Aquakinesis - water
Audiokinesis - bug
Vitakinesis - dark

I approve.

There needs to be a special dark attack with 100 BP. Call it Checkmate.

A nasty plot clone available to as much pokémon as Swords Dance. Why does a pokémon need to be evil in order to raise it's sp. attack?

I cant believe there's a thread for this. Ive been sat on these for a long time.

Combustion

Type - Fire
Damage - 200
Accuracy - 100
PP - 5
Description - Fire version of selfdestruct.

Haggle

Dark
-
Instead of the foe using the selected move, it uses a different, random move instead.

Dragon Smash

Dragon
A more powerful version of dragon rage.

Candlelight

Ghost
Hits the foe and has a 40% chance of burning.

Pendulum

Normal
The user repeatedly hits the foe over 2-5 turns. The power decreases over each turn.

Absolute Black

Dark
The user hurls the foe into absolute darkness and attacks them wildly.

Armaggedon

?????
Kills everyone on the field and in your and your opponents party apart from one pokemon each.

The type lacks any good moves, and you can't go wrong with something like that.

The dark type has:
Crunch
Dark Pulse
Sucker Punch
Pursuit

Physical equivalents of FT/TB/IB would be great. Ever since the physical special split, the dark type went all physical and psychic went all special.

I think we need more physical psychic attacks and more special dark mvoes.

Black Hole
Type:Dark
Category: Special
PP: 15
Power: 75
Priority: -6

Effect: Basically a dark type roar with power.

Frostbite
Ice
Power:100
Acc.:50
If it hits, it's a guaranteed freeze for your target. Basically an Ice Type Zap Cannon.

Pepper Powder
Grass
Power:0
Accuracy:90
Forces your opponent to flinch. I have a feeling this would have some interesting uses.

Ive always wanted a move called Depth Charge. A Water varient of Explosion, though it only takes half of your HP instead of all.

Also, a Dark varient of Flamethrower. Like, Dark Lightning or something.

i'd like to see a proper Dark type move too, the strongest Dark move is Judgement (with Arceus holding the dread plate) which is 100 base power if i i am not mistaken. for such a useful type, such power needs to be more accessible.

I'd make a special Dark Move

I'd call it Shadow Storm. It cuts all stats by two, has 100% accuracy, and 120 base power. It can either Confuse, sleep, poison, or burn the user, or the oppenent. after a use, both will get a status change, like the ones listed above, which will be random. any good?

I'd make a special Dark Move

I'd call it Shadow Storm. It cuts all stats by two, has 100% accuracy, and 120 base power. It can either Confuse, sleep, poison, or burn the user, or the oppenent. after a use, both will get a status change, like the ones listed above, which will be random. any good?

Sounds broken, even with the user getting a status. Unless you meant it lowers all the user's stats by two. Then, I say, it's significantly less broken.

there definitely needs to be a powerful Ground-type that hits only one opponent (other then dig), i was thinking:

Earth Pummel (working name)
Ground
Power: 95
Acc: 100
May cause the target's defense to lower

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom