• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves you think should exist.

And now. My reasonable move thing.

Timber Swing
Type: Rock, Physical
PP: 20 (Max: 32)
Base Power: 80
Accuassy: 100%
Decription: The user hits the foe with a slab of timber
Extra Effects: 25% chance of Flinch
Signature move of Timburr.

Girder Slice
Type: Steel, Physical
PP: 15 (Max: 24)
Base Power: 100
Accuassy: 95%
Decription: The user swings a steel beam at the foe like an axe.
Extra Effects: 10% of rasing the users Attack and Defence
Signature move of Gurdurr.

Concrete Slam
Base Power: 120
Decription: The user slams down a piller of concrete on the foe.
Extra Effects: None
Signature move of Conkldurr.

I'm amazied that the Conkldurr line dosen't have there own set of signature moves. So I made these.

Concrete Slam's accuracy needs to decrease to around 80% as a move with that BP would make it too powerful. Its PP should also decrease 5 or 10.

And now. My reasonable move thing.

Timber Swing
PP: 20 (Max: 32)
Decription: The user hits the foe with a slab of timber
Extra Effects: 25% chance of Flinch
Signature move of Timburr.

Girder Slice
Type: Steel, Physical
Base Power: 100
Accuassy: 95%
Decription: The user swings a steel beam at the foe like an axe.
Extra Effects: 10% of rasing the users Attack and Defence
Signature move of Gurdurr.

Concrete Slam

I'm amazied that the Conkldurr line dosen't have there own set of signature moves. So I made these.

Concrete Slam's accuracy needs to decrease to around 80% as a move with that BP would make it too powerful. Its PP should also decrease 5 or 10.

I agree with that. So how about this?

Concrete Slam
PP: 5 (Max: 24)
Accuassy: 80%

It'll be like Hydro Pump.

@Shiny Shinx The only problem I see with Timburr Swing and Gurdurr slice is the issue of what would happen to those moves when they evolve. Gurdurr doesn't use wood and Conkledurr doesn't use wood or metal to attack, so why would they learn it? I know they can all use Rock Throw and that doesn't make a lot of sense, but you can find rocks just lying around anywhere.

Oh, one more side note. Why is Timburr Swing a rock type move? Shouldn't it be Fighting or even Grass?

@Enzap;

I know with the evolution problem, but I've seen some Pokemon do it. Like Alakazam learning Iron Tail even though it lost it's tail.

The timb- Oh wait...mumble.....mumble...tree....leaf....grass......bark.....
I guess it could be a Grass type. That would be more reasonable :lol:.

@Enzap;

I know with the evolution problem, but I've seen some Pokemon do it. Like Alakazam learning Iron Tail even though it lost it's tail.

The timb- Oh wait...mumble.....mumble...tree....leaf....grass......bark.....
I guess it could be a Grass type. That would be more reasonable :lol:.

Fair enough. Haha. What would also be kind of cool is if the Pokemon knows that move, it is replaced by the respective move of the evolved form, similar to how Rotom learns new moves when it changes form.

@Enzap;

That would work.

Timber Swing: Learned at Level ??
Girder Slice: Learn when evolved and if knows Timber Swing. If player trys to replace any other move it says this message: "That move cannot be forgoten for this move!"
Concrete Slam: Learn when evolved and if knows Girder Slice. If player trys to replace any other move it says this message: "That move cannot be forgoten for this move!"

Yeah that would work! *Fires up Pokegen*

@Winterdaze;

Rose Arrow
Type: Grass, Special
PP: 15 (24)
Base Power: 50
Accuracy: 85% OR 95%
Description: The user fires two sharp arrow like needles from the inside of it's rose. Hits twice.
Signature move of Roserade ( <Not my edit)

Seems to be a bit over powered or whatever. I really wanted to make it more like Gear Grind. 95% accuassy is high enough I think.

When I post these moves, I'm in a "Gamefreak" state of mind. I belive that moves should be both reasonable, powerful, and something that like in real life. I also post these moves with-out the metagame in mind. I see alot of people here with the metagame on their mind when they post. Just a thought.

If anything, your new version is even more overpowered, as it's raised base power more than compensates for the loss of the not particularly useful "no-miss" effect. The original was intended to be a weaker Aura Sphere variant that strikes twice. Sure it would become powerful with Technician, but then you have to give up Natural Cure which is a significant trade-off. The projectiles were also intended to be actual roses, not needles. I don't mind if you offer suggestions to how proposed moves could be improved, but I'd rather you didn't make edited versions of them.

@Winterdaze;

Ok. One thing about firing the roses though, try to picture a Roserades roses flying of it's arms, becoming...roseless. Looks a bit weird, doesn't it? And besides, arn't the roses are like hands? Pretty much why I did the needle thing, 'cause Roserade has needles inside it's rose hands.

Oh okay. I'll make my suggestions in the future outside of format.

Name: BubbleBlast
Type: Water
Category: Special
BP: 120
PP: 10
Accuracy: 85
Description: The user ejects a storm of bubbles at the opposing team that may lower the Speed stat.
Effect: Damages and has a 30% chance of lowering speed.
Amimation: Surf and huge bubbles hrshy popping on the opponent.

Name: False Kick
Type: Fighting
Category: Psyical
BP: 40
Description: The user fakes out the opponent by pretending to kick it.
Effect: Same as Fake Out.
Animation: A foot goes near the foe then goes back to the user

Name: Push Down
Type: normal
Category: Psyical
BP: 100
Accuracy: 95
Description: The user slams the opponent down and has a chance of lowering the opponent's Speed or Attack stat.
Effect: Does damage and Has a 2o% of either lowering the opponent's Attack or Speed and a 5% chance of either sharply lowering Attack or Speed.
Animation: Shows the strength animation then a hand flattening the opponent.

Name: Frostbite
Type: Ice
Category: Status
BP: ---
PP: 5
Accuracy: 75%
Description: A blast of cold air surrounds the opponent. Instantly freezes if it hits.
Effect: instantly freezes foe.

Animation: ice blue air hits the opponent then turns the opponent red.

Name: Psychoblast
Type: Psychic
BP: 95
PP: 15
Accuracy: 100%
Description: The user focuses its mind to create a huge blast of mind power. May also confuse opponent.
Effect: damages and has a 10% chance of confusion.
Animation: shows a beam from the users forehead.cshows a pink explosion on the opponent.

BubbleBlast: Always wanted a more powerful BubbleBeam.
False Kick: Fighting type Fake Out. Pretty cool.
Push Down: interesting move
Frostbite: There's confuse ray, hypnosis, will o wisp, thunder wave, but no freeze?
Psychoblast: Psychic FT IB TB

Description: A blast of cold air surrounds the opponent. Instantly freezes if it hits.
I dunno about this one. Freeze is the most powerful status effect, and is basically a death sentence. There's a reason the only move with higher than 10% chance of freezing is Secret Power, which is just honestly too situational to use.

I dunno about this one. Freeze is the most powerful status effect, and is basically a death sentence. There's a reason the only move with higher than 10% chance of freezing is Secret Power, which is just honestly too situational to use.

Maybe a 50% chance of freeze?

Move: Glaring Spark
Accuracy: 70 Percent
Effect: Harshly lowers target's accuracy if it hits.

Maybe a 50% chance of freeze?
If you want, it's your move : P
The instant kill moves have 30% if the Pokemon are the same level, so 50% seems fair ingame.

Dementia

Psychic Type
Special
Non-contact
5 PP(max. 8)
100 Base Power
60% Accuracy
Induces confusion.

The target's mind is temporarily wrecked causing confusion.

I got more! Come and take a look!

Castle Smash
PP: 5 (Max: 8)
Base Power: 130
Accuassy: 80%
Decription: The user tackles the opponent with enough strengh to knock down a castle wall.
Extra Effects: User receives 1/2 Recoil Damage. Foe receives -2 Defense.
Signature move of Terrakion.

Crest Gleem
Type: Steel, Status
Base Power: -
Accuassy: -%
Decription: The user shows off the it's white hair on it's neck
Effects: The user receives +1 Attack, +1 Defense, +1 Special Defense.
Signature move of Cobalion

What do you guys think of these?

How about
Soul Crusher
Type:Ghost,Physical
PP:5 (Max 8)
Base Power:--
Accuracy:70%
Description:The pokemon attacks the enemy and crushes their soul
Effect:One hit

Drown
Type:Water,Special
PP:5 (max 8)
Accuracy:70%
Description:Sprays a giant amount of water at the face of the enemy being drowned
Effect:A one hit attack

Fire Pulse
Type: Fire
Special Move
PP: 20
Accuracy: 100
Description: The user attacks its opponent with a pulse of fire. It may also burn the target.
Additional Effects: 10% burn

Air Vacuum
Type:Flying,Special
PP:5(Max. 8)
Accuracy:70
Description:Air is sucked out of the oppenent
Effect:ONE HIT KILL

Round-House Kick
Type:Fighting,Physical
PP:5 (Max 8)
Accuracy:70
Description:A round house kick
Effect:One hit

Last edited:
Dark Bash
Power: 120
Category: Psysical
Description: The user bashes into the opponent as hard as it can. The move causes recoil damage, however.
Animation: The user growing huge and then screen turns black.

Aquakinisis
Power: 100
Accuaracy: 100%
Description: The user uses its psychic powers to shower them with a wave.
Uses Sp. Defense instead of Sp. Attack to calculate damage. Could be interesting.
Animation: A huge wave like surf only pink.

Bamboo Punch
Grass
Power: 85
Category: Pysical
Description: The user punches the opponent with bamboo. Lowers opponent's attack and defense.
Animation: a green fist with bamboo flying off it.

Crash Landing
Flying
Power: 130
Accuracy: 90
Category: Physical
Description: the user soars down at the opponent. If the attack misses, the user suffers hard recoil.
Animation: a bird smashing down at the opponent.

Sword Edge
Normal
Power: 90
Accuracy: 95
Category: Physical
Descripton: Swords fly around the user than cut the target in half. High critical hit ratio.

Magic Spell
Psychic
Power: ---
Accuracy: 90
Description: The user casts a spell on the target making their type change to the type weak to the users type. Picks a random type if there are multiple types.

Cursed Spell
Psychic
Power: ---
Accuracy: 65
Description: The user curses the opponent with a spell lowering all their stats to their lowest. Also traps them from switching.

Lock Opener (HM06)
Psychic
Power ---
Descripton: The user opens the targets mind allowing the user to use the target's moveset and item if the user does not hold an item. Also allows the player to unlock special doors.

Last edited:
Ash Blast
Type: Rock (Special)
PP: 10 (16)
Description: The user ejects a plume of searing hot volcanic ash at the target. May inflict a burn.
Effect: May burn the target (30% chance)

Essentially a Rock-type Scald for most non-aquatic Rock types, which would also be available to some Fire and Ground types associated with volcanism (Camerupt, Typhlosion, Entei, Torkoal and Heatran). It could be useful for defensive Rock-types like Probopass, or even Regirock, just for the burn chance.

Cherry Bomb
Type: Grass (Physical)
PP: 15 (25)
Base Power: 85
Description: Hurls an exploding fruit at the target, and renews any consumed items. Signature move of Cherubi and Cherrim.
Effect: Any consumable items that have been already been used by the Pokemon are renewed every time Cherry Bomb is used.

Bad pun is bad. Nonetheless, a fun little gimmick for Cherrim to play with, and its best Physical move to take advantage of Flower Gift. You could hold a Grass Gem to deal 50% more damage with every attack, Lum Berry for virtual status immunity, or a Sitrus Berry for lots of recovery.

Last edited:
Emotion
Type: Normal
PP: 5 (8)
Accuracy: 95%
Description: Makes the foe an emotional wreck.
Effect: Flinches the opponent and lowers every stat but Special Defense by 1.

Freeze Frame
Type: Ice (duh)
Accuracy: 85%
Desc: Blows the foe with a very cold breath, causing it to freeze instantly.
Effect: Freezes the opponent.

Don't give a crap about how OP they are.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom