• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves you think should exist.

Refridgerate
Type: Ice
Cadacory: Status
Power: -
PP: 8
Accuracy: 30%
Decreption: The user chills the foe with super cold breath, freezing it.
Effect: Foe Pokemon is inflected with the Freeze status condition.

Frostbite
Cadacory: Phyical
Power: 85
PP: 15
Accuracy: 100%
Decreption: The user stings the foe with sharp cold ice.
Effect: Has a 30% of inflicting Poison. Has a 30% of inflicting Freeze.

Note: The name for the attack is the Japanese name.

Frostbite
Cadacory: Phyical
Power: 85
PP: 15
Decreption: The user stings the foe with sharp cold ice.
Effect: Has a 30% of inflicting Poison. Has a 30% of inflicting Freeze.

I think this move sounds pretty cool (excuse the pun), I could see Walrein, Feraligatr and Sharpedo getting this move.

I really want a Grass move with 95 power, 100 accuracy, no side effect and special.

Im hoping Gen 6 will introduce dragon type Variations of Fire Punch and Blaze Kick which can be taught to every dragon type pokemon by tutor/breeding aswell as introduces a dragon/fighter type pokemon.

Electric Blade

Power: 70
Accuracy: 100

Has a 20% chance of paralyzing the opponent.

Some ideas that have been floating around in my head:

Frozen Ground
PP: 10 (16)
Base Power: -
Accuracy: -
Description: Freezes the entire battlefield with a layer of slippery Ice. Grounded Pokemon will have their speed reduced.
Effect: Halves the speed of all grounded non-Ice types. Contact moves used by affected Pokemon inflict recoil damage equal to 12.5% of the user's total health if they miss. Pokemon with the Magma Armor or Flame Body abilities are not affected. Lasts 4 turns under clear skies, 8 turns under Hail and 2 turns under intense sunlight.

A toy for Hail abusers, and the fact that it doesn't affect flying or levitating Pokemon gives you quite a few options to work with too.

Soul Bind
Type: Ghost, Physical
PP: 15 (24)
Accuracy: 95%
Base Power: 90
Description: A gripping attack that crushes the target's life energy. May lower the target's speed.
Effect: 30% chance of lowering speed by one stage.

Dusknoir needs something like this really badly. Golurk too I guess, but mostly Dusknoir. That 100 attack is going to waste otherwise...

Rose Arrow
Type: Grass, Special
Base Power: 45
Description: The user deftly fires two sharp, arrow-like roses at the foe. Strikes twice and never fails to hit.
Signature move of Roserade

Turns Technician Roserade into a deadly sniper, and I think it fits the Bouquet Pokemon's mysterious superhero-like appearance rather nicely. The first one would be red, and the second one blue.

Ice Treat
PP: 10 (16)
Base Power: -
Description: The user creates a delicious frozen dessert from it's body. Heals half of the target's HP.
Effect: Heals the user in single battles, and can target allies in double or triple battles. Heals 66% of the targets HP if it is hailing, but only 25% if the weather is intense sunlight.
Signature move of Vanillite, Vanillish and Vanilluxe

With this and Ice Body, Vanilluxe might actually be able to stick around for a while with some help from Substitute. Also, Game Freak made two Gear-based attacks for Klink, but no Ice Cream based moves for Vanillite? Somebody needs to rectify this :\

Last edited:
Adapt

Normal

Transforms into a random non-status attack of a type which is super-effective to the Pokemon you are fighting. Lowers Attack and Special Attack if the Pokemon KOs.

Also, a Tentacruel signature move...
Tentacle

Poison
Accuracy: 95

Grabs a Pokemon if they are digging or flying. Also has a 75% chance of poisoning the foe.

Camo Strike
Normal
Physical
BP 70 PP 20
Accuracy 100

A strike that transforms based on the previous attack, changing the type of this attack to the most recent attack

Psychic type Fire Blast :3

Maybe...

Mind Crush (Yes)
Special
Does not make contact.

120 Power
85% Accuracy
5 PP
10% chance to confuse target.

In triple battles, may hit adjacent targets.

I can't think of any right now, but I think Ice Punch's, Thunder Punch's and Fire Punch's base power should be raised to 95 to become the physical counterparts to Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Flamethrower.

The need to make a generic Fireball move that would be the fire counterpart to things like Energy Ball and Shadow Ball.

Power- 80
Accuracy- 100
PP- 15
Special, indirect
Effect: 10% chance of lowering sp.def. (or maybe burn, but a stat drop would be more interesting)

I thought of another move:

Mind Control:
Power - N/A
Accuracy - 30

Turns opponent's pokemon against them for 2-3 turns.

Can be used by Dark, Ghost, and Phsycic types.

Frost Kick (Ice)
BP: 85
Acc.: 90
10% chance of freezing the opponent. Raises Critical Hits by 1/8.

Wild Kick (Electric)
BP: 85
10% chance of paralyzing the opponent. Raises Critical Hits by 1/8.

Fire Shot (Fire)
BP: 90
Acc.: -
Hits without any misses

Frozen Water (Water)
BP: 80
Acc.: 100
30% chance of freezing the opponent

Knee Thrust (Fighting)
BP: 70
30% chance of flinching the opponent

Last edited:
@Winterdaze;

I like your moves, but do you mind if I edit them a little? My edits are in Italics. Here are my suggestions:

Soul Crush
Type: Ghost, Physical
Base Power: 90
Description: The user grips the foe in one of its big hands so hard, it squeezes it's soul. May lower the target's speed.
Effect: 30% chance of lowering speed by one stage.

Just basically a name and decripion change. When I saw this move I thought of Crush Grip.

Rose Arrow
Type: Grass, Special
Base Power: 50
Accuracy: 85% OR 95%
Description: The user fires two sharp arrow like needles from the inside of it's rose. Hits twice.
Signature move of Roserade ( <Not my edit)

Seems to be a bit over powered or whatever. I really wanted to make it more like Gear Grind. 95% accuassy is high enough I think.

When I post these moves, I'm in a "Gamefreak" state of mind. I belive that moves should be both reasonable, powerful, and something that like in real life. I also post these moves with-out the metagame in mind. I see alot of people here with the metagame on their mind when they post. Just a thought.

And now. My reasonable move thing.

Timber Swing
Type: Rock, Physical
PP: 20 (Max: 32)
Base Power: 80
Accuassy: 100%
Decription: The user hits the foe with a slab of timber
Extra Effects: 25% chance of Flinch
Signature move of Timburr.

Girder Slice
Type: Steel, Physical
PP: 15 (Max: 24)
Base Power: 100
Accuassy: 95%
Decription: The user swings a steel beam at the foe like an axe.
Extra Effects: 10% of rasing the users Attack and Defence
Signature move of Gurdurr.

Concrete Slam
Type: Rock, Physical
PP: 15 (Max: 24)
Base Power: 120
Accuassy: 100%
Decription: The user slams down a piller of concrete on the foe.
Extra Effects: None
Signature move of Conkldurr.

I'm amazied that the Conkldurr line dosen't have there own set of signature moves. So I made these.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom