• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moveset Update Discussion

Reaction score
Are there any Pokemon that you would like to have learn a certain move or two? Any moves you feel they should get as egg moves and or tutoring? Any moves you would like to see tutored? Additionally, we can use this thread for Alola Pokemon move-set speculation too (at least with moves as far as Gen 6). Given Kukuis focus in moves, maybe the mechanic will have more emphasis than past Pokemon main series games.

I can start with an obvious yet irrelevant one. Zangoose needs to learn Cut.

Can the Bulbasaur line please get Giga Drain through a method other than breeding? Most Bulbasaurs received in-game come at a point where they're great to have on your team but selective breeding like that isn't really an option. I'd just like it to be through a Move Tutor or something, even though I don't get why it's not in the learnset to begin with.

There are many others, but the ones I remember right now:
- Extreme Speed for Rapidash and Ninjask (also, if you could give Blaze Kick to Rapidash aswell, I would apreciate it)
- Morning Sun and Moonlight for Solrock and Lunatone, respectively (I know they learn it by Dream World, but they should learn it by Level Up)
- Fly for Scyther
- Volt Tackle for Zebstrika (because fuck Pikachu), and maybe for Manectric and Jolteon, even if those don't need it as much.

Turtonator with Lock-On and Inferno if its stats is low enough.
(Spiky Shield?)

Delphox: Perish Song , Phantom Force, Hex, and Destiny Bond

Alolan Ninetales: Aqua ring, Misty Terrain, Freeze-Dry, Phantom Force

Alolan Sandslash: Powder, Spiky Shield,

grass/psychic Exeggutor should/could get Spiky Shield, Forest Curse and maybe some ghost and fairy type moves?

Cloyster with Water Shuriken.

They basically gave Heracross a whole moveset's worth of multi-hit moves (Pin Missile, Arm Thrust, Rock Blast, Bullet Seed) just because of its Mega Evolution's Skill Link, I don't think it's that out of the question for Cloyster to get an addition too.

Give Raichu access to the Light ball.

And, for god's sake, GIVE MEGA CHARIZARD X LEVITATE!!!!!

(Sorry, but I felt too outraged while writing this...)

Cloyster with Water Shuriken.

They basically gave Heracross a whole moveset's worth of multi-hit moves (Pin Missile, Arm Thrust, Rock Blast, Bullet Seed) just because of its Mega Evolution's Skill Link, I don't think it's that out of the question for Cloyster to get an addition too.
Multi-strike move - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
They really could make that or create a new water type move?

And, for god's sake, GIVE MEGA CHARIZARD X LEVITATE!!!!!
or create a new fire/dragon with that in future.

Hmm Circle Throw to more Starters. They would need it.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom