• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movie 10: "Dialga vs. Palkia vs. Darkrai" discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we trust the manga word for word though? After movie 7 made a villian out of a character who didn't even *exist* in the movie...

That's the CoroCoro adaptation. The Sho3 and Sho4 adaptations of M8 were quite accurate.

Yeah, Movie 9 and 8 had nothing different really besides a few things...such as I think Phantom used different Pokemon, but nothing majorly different.

The manga's always better than the actual movie.
Not really...0.o

The Seven one with Haruko is the only thing really I'd say would of turned out better, all the other manga didn't have anything that would of made the movie stand out.

Yeah, Movie 9 and 8 had nothing different really besides a few things...such as I think Phantom used different Pokemon, but nothing majorly different.

Not really...0.o

The Seven one with Haruko is the only thing really I'd say would of turned out better, all the other manga didn't have anything that would of made the movie stand out.

Yeah. The Haruno guy was quite good idea.

Shogakukan Magazines... When I hear "CoroCoro" or "Sho3/4" or "Wonderland" I'm about to burst. I want them so badly...

Last edited:
1184240926271ec45.jpg

11842409975601a63.jpg

1184241006398fac3.jpg

Holy shit, I love her outfit! :D I need to find that.

I hope she plays a role in the movie, that would be awesome. Though she kind of just looks like she is just at the beginning in a battle.

I didn't say she looked ugly. ._.

She's probably just there for that scene, I'm afraid. There are already a lot of characters for this movie: Alberto, Alice, Tonio, the trainers with the starters evolved forms, Darkrai, Palkia, Dialga, Team Rocket and the twerps.

I don't think I like the art style of Movie 10, it doesn't have that "epic" feel the animation has with all the previous movies.

This animation doesn't look that much different than the normal anime, you can tell with the coloring of Ash and Dawn's faces, they don't look all that different. Meanwhile if you look at Ash in the older movies, they use different shading or something to make him look different.

That has been one of the biggest things I have noticed with the cel animation for this movie (or whatever you call it). It does look like it's just from an episode, and in some instances, the drawings look terrible (especially the eyes).

Oh boy, it's already starting. Because it's not a work of art it's gonna suck regardless of anything like plot I guess.

I really need to learn what matters in a movie.

Oh boy, it's already starting. Because it's not a work of art it's gonna suck regardless of anything like plot I guess.

I really need to learn what matters in a movie.

I think Star Trek has covered all space/time plots. :p This movie will hopefully do something different.

On 2chan, I think they aired along with the preview for the Shirona episode after they showed the Manaphy Movie yesterday on TV Tokyo.

On 2chan, I think they aired along with the preview for the Shirona episode after they showed the Manaphy Movie yesterday on TV Tokyo.
I know, yesterday was a two-hour special with the 9th movie and then a preview for the 10th movie. Didn't know there was also a preview for dp40, but I guess that is to be expected as it will air next week regularly. Still trying to find a TV capture of yesterday's special. :\

The final trailer of the movie is up. There seems to be a mini-movie pikachu part like the 7th in it staring Pochama. The trailers are looking great and I hope the actual movie is too.
Pure speculation: I'm getting the impression that Darkrai is trying to protect Alice for some reason. Alice being emo *as well as Ash) would then imply that things aren't going to end very well for Darkrai?

Anyway here are the pics.

Palkia
Dialga looks scary
Dialga about to fire a beam
Tower of Space and Time
Darkrai coming out of the ground - 1
Darkrai coming out of the ground - 2
Ash and Pikachu in trouble - 1
Ash and Pikachu in trouble - 2
The city is disappearing
Dialga firing a beam
Palkia
Pikapi!
Darkrai at high speed
Contrary to DP019 penguins can't fly
Let's get one thing straight: Pikachu is eating cotton candy. Nothing more and nothing less
Dialga
Palkia getting hit
Pikachu in trouble (for real this time?)
Trio final evo group attack
Darkrai emerge from the water
Palkia's Hyperbeam(?)
Pochama and Pachirisu
More Pokémon
Darkrai (looks weird)
Darkrai emerge from the ground again
Tower of Space and Time "front" view
Palkia doing (a cool) attack
That's ...
...Darkrai!
Silence before the storm