• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movie 10: "Dialga vs. Palkia vs. Darkrai" discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhen Lin

φιλομαθής
Reaction score
So, the 10th anniversary of the anime is coming up (April 2007), and so is the tenth movie (but not the 10th anniversary of the movies - that's July 2008).

Director Yuyama Kunihiko mentioned that this movie will be a tenth anniversary commemorative production. Whether that actually means something special or not... well, we'll see in July.

湯山邦彦 said:
そして、いよいよ来年は、ダイヤモンド・パール編の第一弾であり、10周年記念作品となります。

In a few days, we should find out the title of the movie. One or two weeks from now the official movie 10 site will be set up, presumably also at http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/.

It's very unlikely that any Gen. V Pokémon will be in this movie, so we'll probably also get the name of the star Pokémon. Of course, I could be wrong - there were Gen. II cameos in short 1, and, Gen. III cameos in short 4, after all. But it seems quite unlikely that we'll see any Gen. V stars for a while more... there are so many Gen. IV legendaries we have to work through. (Excluding Ho-Oh, all legendaries have appeared in at least one movie or a special. Mew seems to be leading the race.)

I'm guessing the movie will involve Darkrai (our first Event Ledgendary by numerical order) and probably his "counterpart" of sorts, Crescelia.

Didn't VT mention something about this being "the last" or was that disproven?

Last edited:
(Excluding Ho-Oh, all legendaries have appeared in at least one movie or a special. Mew seems to be leading the race.)

Not sure if this counts, but Mew transformed into Ho-oh briefly in the 8th movie.

I highly doubt that any Generation 5 pokemon will be in it. I don't think Nintendo's even came up with a title for V yet. There's a lot of possible storylines with all of these legendaries, so I think there will be at least 2 more taking place in Sinnoh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was Groudon in a special/movie? I know it was in that two-parter with Kyogre, but does that count as a special?

I wonder how many movies the D/P series will get. Assuming the series lasts as long as AG did, we should be getting at least 4 D/P movies. That should be enough to get at least the major legends from D/P featured.

I hope Hikari stars in the first D/P one, considering Max had a big role in Movie 6 and May starred in Movie 9. Here's hoping.

I hope Brock has a big role.

No, seriously, I do. Maybe he could fall in love with Crescelia (who disguises as a human) and have to save her?

Who knows, maybe those bastards will bring back Misty, Tracey, May, and Max for a 10th Anniversary BASH~!

A "tenth anniversary commemorative production", eh?

Mewtwo Mewtwo Mewtwo Mewtwo!

Joking. If he ever appears again, it should be in the series itself.

I just hope we can go at least two D/P movies without a Generation 5 Pokémon. We've never been able to do that before.

Zhen Lin said:
So, the 10th anniversary of the anime is coming up (April 2007)

More specificallly...April 1st, 2007. So there will be more than enough fake news going around that day.

Remember when Challenger debuted?

I just hope we can go at least two D/P movies without a Generation 5 Pokémon. We've never been able to do that before.
I hope our first preview one is neither a baby nor ledgendary. Kasa-Obaka Pokemon, Peacock Pokemon, or Dolphin Pokemon FTW.

A "tenth anniversary commemorative production", eh?

Mewtwo Mewtwo Mewtwo Mewtwo!

Joking. If he ever appears again, it should be in the series itself.

Screw that, bring on the Mewtwo!

Better yet, work in some way of giving a cameo to every other legendary somehow - maybe through time travel (Palkia, go!) or 'flashbacks' (Mastermind Mind Sucker, go!). Anything to give them their deserved props in the 10th movie.

Mewtwo in the 10th movie would make me go uber-squee though.

GARY in the 10th movie would make me pass out for a week.

TRACEY in the 10th Movie would give me an errection.

And Lance...ooooh....ooooooooooh....OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

Lance being in this movie would make me go into a depression.

I hope it's not another freakin' unobtainable Pokémon. The last six movies have been about one. X.X Celebi, Lati@s*, Jirachi, Deoxys, Mew, and Manaphy.

*Close enough.

My hopes for the 10th Pokemon movie:

- It's Ash centered, obviously XD (well, five of the eight movies were pretty much centered on him, but the 4th, 6th, and 7th movies in particular weren't about Ash)

- It's about Ho-oh, and yes, Ho-oh DOES appear in this movie

- More specifically, someone explains what Ash's connection to Ho-oh is, and why he has seen it so many times throughout the series. Oh, and Ash's connection to legendary Pokemon in general is also explained.

- Also, we find out exactly what the anime's definition of a Pokemon Master is, and what else Ash needs to do in order to accomplish his main goal. That would be very interesting.

Anyway, if all of the above events happen in the 10th movie, that would make me very happy indeed. :-D

*has been waiting forever for the writers to explain why Ash is so special to Ho-oh and all the legendaries*

Last edited:
Um, what Habunake? O.O

I was just listing my hopes for the 10th movie, like everyone else did.

You know, as in, none of the above events are actually going to happen. That's all just my guesses and speculation (granted, that wasn't the best choice of words though).

Unless of course, the writers actually make those events happen. And then I will be very happy about all of my 10th movie wishes coming true. :)

Lati@s isn't an unobtainable.
Kinda maybe sorta?

Well, last four movies then.

Lisa, everything you listed would do much better taking place in the series itself. Considering people like to say the movies aren't canon for disproven reasons x, y, and z, for one thing. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom