• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movie 10: "Dialga vs. Palkia vs. Darkrai" discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The preview showed brief clips of Palkia and Dialga as shadows, remember? I hope this isn't true but I fear we may get all of Team Galaxy's story rolled up into one movie and thus ignored during the Sinnoh Anime.....

I don't think Darkrai and Crescelia will be until Movie 11 if it happens.

Remeber, that was before DP came out, so they couldn't show any others. Didn't the first preview for Movie 6 show Kyogre and Groudon?

The preview showed brief clips of Palkia and Dialga as shadows, remember? I hope this isn't true but I fear we may get all of Team Galaxy's story rolled up into one movie and thus ignored during the Sinnoh Anime.....

Why would that be a BAD thing?

Considering how horribly TA/TM were handled in AG, a movie would be MUCH better put to use for Team Galaxy and Dialga/Palkia than the show could ever manage.

Why would that be a BAD thing?

Considering how horribly TA/TM were handled in AG, a movie would be MUCH better put to use for Team Galaxy and Dialga/Palkia than the show could ever manage.

That is true. However, it wastes the potential---maybe I have too much faith in the writers (hello, Anabel and Lucy) but without Team Galaxy, what will Sinnoh be? Barring a miracle, with Galaxy out of the equation it's just another "Ash wins badges, sidekick chick wins Ribbons, TR blasts off, League, Festival, blah blah blah" region.

Of course there's always the possibility of them screwing up Galaxy in the same way as Magma/Aqua, but with that possibility comes the same possibility that they might actually do it right this time.

I'm not saying that Galaxy shouldn't be in the movies---far from it, in fact. If handled properly, Galaxy could be built up well throughout Sinnoh and then reach a stunning conclusion at the end in the inevitable Dialga/Palkia movie.

Atleast, if not a better plot, a movie would have better animation.

The people who make the Pokémon Learning League flashes could make better animation than the Groudon vs. Kyogre two-parter.

Archie: "The world is made of 73% Water!"
Maxie: "That means, their is only 27% Ground!"
Groudon: "Fractions help us!"

Atleast, if not a better plot, a movie would have better animation.

Not really, lately the movies seem to be more and more, a jumbled blend of 2D and 3D. Maybe it'll just bite the biscuit this time and make it full 3D. (I hope they do it right though. Otherwise...YUK)

It's too much plot that I'm worried about. Rolling up all of Galaxy into say, an hour and 45 minutes would leave you to develop Akagi, Mars, Saturn, Jupiter, Dialga, Palkia, Emrit, Agnome, Yuxie AND Galaxy's plot to destroy the universe all in that space if you want to cover everything from the game.

And the gang wouldn't have a good group to take on Galaxy this early.

Well it's not like Ash and co. ever actually battle the legendaries in the movies for more than a handful attacks anyway.

It wouldn't matter that Ash, Hikari and Brock just have weak unevolved forms at the moment, it's not like we're going to be seeing Pochama take on the D/P legends. :rolleyes:

I agree that if you take Team Galaxy out of the show and put them in a movie you're left with yet another saga with no real villains...but eh, better than having them suffer Magma/Aqua's fate, eh?

Maybe this is why Team Galaxy didn't even get an appearance in the opening, nor have they even been mentioned in the show yet. Team Magma showed up as early as AG2 by comparison.

I meant battle Team Galaxy Admins, take on Bunyatto, Dokurog, and Skuntank.

Only Movies 1, 3, 4 and 8 actually featured any proper battling in them as part of the plot - so it's hardly a worry.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't mind a decent sized one.

I hope we get a movie version of Together though.

Eeeer....what about 7? That battle was awesome.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't mind a decent sized one.

I hope we get a movie version of Together though.

Eeeer....what about 7? That battle was awesome.

Oh, right - the Battle Tower.

Forgot about that bit. Though it's less significant than the other ones - its purpose is mostly to show that Torkoal is the worst Pokemon ever caught. Ever.

CHARIZARD CAN COME BACK AND BATTLE omg

I wouldn't be surprised...

Now, if Sceptile pops out of nowhere, or hell, Pidgeot....OMG!

I now decree that this movie should be based solely around every Pokemon Ash has ever released coming back to kill him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom