• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movie 12 site updates with mysterious silhouettes: Official site gets redesigned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Movie 12 site possibly reveals new Pokémon: Official site gets redesigned

The first one might include Heatran (it needs SOME kind of merchandise), Arceus, or the Dragon trio. (Baby versions perhaps?)

I think the second one includes Notched-Ear Pikachu(or normal pikachu) and maybe NEP/PCP. As for the third, the only thing I can think of is Raichu.

Last edited:

Seriously though a question mark for new poses?

It's simply a secret keychain
I've seen other anime merchandise do the same thing - release a set of keychains and show us most of them except one or a few "secret" ones that are simply of characters we already know - it was just to make a "surprise" for us
It's likely the same case here

All of them seem to have that circle thing going on. Some even have multiple pokemon on them.

We can see all of the known keychains (plus other merchandise) here:
http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/goods/medal_keyholder_strap.html
All the keychains are a circle with one or more Poké on it, most of them get a little out of the circle
I'm saying this since someone thought the whole circle is actually the Pokémon's body and that's obviously not the case

I think the second one includes Notched-Ear Pikachu(or normal pikachu) and maybe NEP/PCP.

Where do people get the crazy NEPikachu idea? it's clearly Pikachu and NEPichu on that second one (ok, it's not sure but it really looks like it)
As I said before - it's 99% none of these will have any new Poké or form since they always reveal them first a few months in advance before any merchandise or whatever appears (see: Munchlax, Arceus, NEPichu...)

We also have the while manga... missing only the very ending, which isn't likely to suddenly introduce a new character, not to mention the stupidity of showcasing a new Poké/form in the very last scene of the movie

I'm betting my money on ether new forms/formes, new evolutions, or completely new Pokémon (Gen 5, anyone?), or they could just be already existing Pokémon at a funny angle.

The first silhouette looks a little like an Oddish with much smaller leaves, but the picture is so small, it's really hard to tell, well, the parts sticking out look like mini-Oddish leaves. For anyone too lazy to visit the site, here's all the key-rings.

keyrings.png

Obviously, they're new formes for Missingno. Now with orange-, blue raspberry- and grape-flavored question marks!

Seriously they're probably just old Pokémon with question marks placed over them for us to get all hyped up over them. Although the middle one looks like Pikachu, I doubt it'd have another keychain - unless it gets special honors for being the mascot, heh.

Obviously, they're new formes for Missingno. Now with orange-, blue raspberry- and grape-flavored question marks!

Seriously they're probably just old Pokémon with question marks placed over them for us to get all hyped up over them. Although the middle one looks like Pikachu, I doubt it'd have another keychain - unless it gets special honors for being the mascot, heh.

Someone with a brain
And yeah, Pika does usually get to appear more than once in keychains sets like that, if I remember correct...
Also, they don't say anywhere on the site that these are new Pokémon - if these were new Poké/forms they'd make a big deal of it... yet they don't
Good thing the title of this thread got changed, I think it said "new Pokémon" before like it was a fact...

Yeah, it doesn't have to be a new pokemon or anything. It looks like it might just be some movie-event pokemon or something to tie in. Couldn't it be more than one pokemon on one of those chains though? A couple of those chains look like they've got a couple pokemon for the picture, which could explain the weird shapes. It's nothing to get excited about I guess.

Yay, keychains... Why do they have to hide them? It's most likely going to be something we've already seen before so I don't really get why it has to be hidden. It's just a keychain. :/

Why they -can't- hide them if they're not new is what I don't get
They release a set of keychains... they want to leave some of them as a surprise and not show us them all before they're released
It's as simple as that

The first silhouette looks a little like an Oddish with much smaller leaves, but the picture is so small, it's really hard to tell, well, the parts sticking out look like mini-Oddish leaves.

keyrings.png

It's clearly Arceus' head.

Why they -can't- hide them if they're not new is what I don't get
They release a set of keychains... they want to leave some of them as a surprise and not show us them all before they're released
It's as simple as that

Well, honestly, I think it's just unnecessary, but that's just me. If there's old Pokemon on it, what about it make it so surprising when it's unveiled? D: I don't understand that. Putting question marks on something we've already seen countless times doesn't make much sense to me.

Maybe I'm just not in a good mood today and need something to take it out on. =/

Wouldn't they reveal these by now? wouldn't we see them in the manga?
There's been little news about the movie outside the manga adaptation, which isn't a suitable source for introducing new characters. The last trailer was shown in March, whereas previous movies were also covered throughout the Spring period by means of a second trailer and screenshots featured in CoroCoro. I don't know how accurate the manga is, but its focus on Notched-ear Pichu (and on the Johto starters, for that matter) has been minimal, which I doubt will be the case in the actual movie. In fact, it seems to me that anyone who hasn't read the manga adaptation may not be aware of how pivotal time travel is to the plot, which is odd at this point. In other words, there is indeed room for surprises in the three weeks leading to the premiere. It was expected that the official web site would finally be updated with a new trailer, and yet we got these keychains instead - are they really stalling for time for no particular reason?

While I could do without evolutions for Notched-ear Pichu, they do come across as the primary candidates. It would also make sense if they were kept hidden for all this time so as not to collide with Notched-ear Pichu's promotion; the only real question is if the timing will ever be right to make Notched-ear Pichu seem less important.

Finally, I don't believe there is much in the way of a precedent for Pokémon being randomly obscured. Last year, Pokémon A and Pokémon B turned out to be Sky Forme and Land Forme Shaymin, respectively, even though the latter had been previously revealed. Still, I doubt that Land Forme would have been obscured if there hadn't been an actually new Pokémon on the agenda.

Sketch said:
It's clearly Arceus' head.
If so, it has been shrunken to be fit into the left part of the circle. There should be another Pokémon to its right.

I don't know how accurate the manga is,

I think people said it was done by the same person who did the movie 9 manga and it's said to be very faithful to the movie

but its focus on Notched-ear Pichu (and on the Johto starters, for that matter) has been minimal, which I doubt will be the case in the actual movie.

Well, there's still the final scenes of the manga which weren't shown in the Coro Coro magazine and are saved for the manga release
It's possible the very ending is when NEP truly gets to "star", it might be the key to help Arceus recover

there is indeed room for surprises in the three weeks leading to the premiere.

I don't know... it seems unusual for them to randomly have a new Poké/form pop out in the movie without officially revealing it first... and to reveal it at the very last second before the release is strange too
I won't say it's 100% but I believe we won't get any new Poké/form in this movie... the first keychain looks like Arceus and the second like Pika and NEP so I really doubt we'll get anything new in them...

While I could do without evolutions for Notched-ear Pichu, they do come across as the primary candidates.

I doubt they'll make NE Pika/Rai... not to mention appearing on the keychains mean they appear in the movie and I doubt NEP will evolve twice at the last scene of the movie...

Finally, I don't believe there is much in the way of a precedent for Pokémon being randomly obscured. Last year, Pokémon A and Pokémon B turned out to be Sky Forme and Land Forme Shaymin, respectively, even though the latter had been previously revealed. Still, I doubt that Land Forme would have been obscured if there hadn't been an actually new Pokémon on the agenda.

Well, it still proves a known Poké can be "hidden"

If so, it has been shrunken to be fit into the left part of the circle. There should be another Pokémon to its right.

I don't see Heatran on any of these keychains, maybe it'd be there with Arceus?

I don't know... it seems unusual for them to randomly have a new Poké/form pop out in the movie without officially revealing it first... and to reveal it at the very last second before the release is strange too
If it is revealed in the next trailer, its presence in the movie won't be random. Sky Forme only had a month to make itself known in time for the movie premiere - yet it was arguably more important to the plot than Land Forme itself. As long as we're not dealing with anything gamebreaking from the story's point of view, it can still be worked into the movie at this point. It would also serve to explain why the news front has been dry in terms of movie footage; it is conceivable that they wanted to keep a few surprises under their belt.

I doubt they'll make NE Pika/Rai... not to mention appearing on the keychains mean they appear in the movie and I doubt NEP will evolve twice at the last scene of the movie...
While I am not a big supporter of the theory, Notched-ear Pichu wouldn't have to evolve so that the other members of its line could be seen.

Well, it still proves a known Poké can be "hidden"
Not without any reason for it.

Last edited:
Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see... but I think it's better we don't take this too seriously
When are these released? only after the movie or maybe a little before? hopefully they'll reveal them soon...

I'm betting my money on ether new forms/formes, new evolutions, or completely new Pokémon (Gen 5, anyone?), or they could just be already existing Pokémon at a funny angle.

The first silhouette looks a little like an Oddish with much smaller leaves, but the picture is so small, it's really hard to tell, well, the parts sticking out look like mini-Oddish leaves. For anyone too lazy to visit the site, here's all the key-rings.

keyrings.png

Third looks like raichu (well I can see how the sticking out bit on right looks like its ear a lot)

The first, if Arceus did not have a keychain there, I'd say it was it, maybe it is Arceus and something else?

Second looks alot like pikachus ears sticking out and possibly hand too

These don't have to be new pokemon, but maybe one is NEP (Notched Ear Pikachu) and Raichu too? No one said the NEP had to evolve, no one officially said it didn't either. Hope we know soon what this is.

I don't think these are new pokemon, but there must be a reason to hide them, just have to wait and see

ffff, looks like really notched (see: mutilated)-ear Pichu, Pikachu and Raichu. The first one could also be Arceus, in another type form perhaps.

Here is my idea (from what I guessed some parts could be):

keyrings.png

Although, I am not so sure about Arceus unless it got a new forme, looks like something either with a horn or thats an ear. If its not arceus, thats a head of something, maybe a dragonair?

I see what you guys are getting at, but that first one looks like a serpent of some kind. The middle reminds me of Happiny.

1) Arceus

2) Pikachu on the right, Notch-Eared Pichu on the left.

3) Possibly NE Raichu, but I doubt it.

150px-493Arceus.png

Flip it and rotate it 90 degrees counter-clockwise and you have your first Keychain, for the head at least.

I think the second one is Pikachu with both his ears sticking out on the right and his tail sticking out on the left.

The third may be a Raichu, NEPichu needs a mommy, he/she's only a baby afterall ;<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom