• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movie 12 to finally be released on DVD: Release date set for Feb. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Movie 12 to finally be released on DVD: Release date set for Feb. 1

Arceus and the Jewel of Life will see a DVD release over a year after its television premiere. Pre-orders for the movie are currently being accepted for a 2011 release.

Read more on Bulbanews

Finally...I've been waiting ever since that damn movie came out. I'm gonna get it.

Does this mean North America doesn't get a Celebi or one of the three beasts? I need at least one of them for Zoroark when I get White.

Does this mean North America doesn't get a Celebi or one of the three beasts? I need at least one of them for Zoroark when I get White.
Doesn't hint at that at all. All it says is Movie 12 (which in Japan, gave out Pikachu-Coloured Pichu for pre-orders, and Arceus for seeing the movie) is out on DVD, and the next movie is due out next year. America and Europe will get the beasts and Celebi.

I might have gotten it if they didn't **** up Arceus's role. If they made it a bit more... godly, then maybe. Seriously, what kind of god gets knocked out in one hit by a meteor? I didn't like the plot either.

Doesn't hint at that at all. All it says is Movie 12 (which in Japan, gave out Pikachu-Coloured Pichu for pre-orders, and Arceus for seeing the movie) is out on DVD, and the next movie is due out next year. America and Europe will get the beasts and Celebi.

I didn't say it hinted at that, but those were given away with a ticket and at the movie theaters. Giving them out over wifi won't make as much sense, and at the rate NOA gives out events, we won't get them by the release of Black and White. But maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

cmd84 said:
If they made it a bit more... godly, then maybe. Seriously, what kind of god gets knocked out in one hit by a meteor?

A lot of the Greek and Roman gods were depicted as not being invulnerable and succumbing to various forces in the mortal world.

A lot of the Greek and Roman gods were depicted as not being invulnerable and succumbing to various forces in the mortal world.

Which makes for a more interesting story.

Wow that was a long time well watched the english verson that aired on t.v on youtube all ready but its a pritty good movie from what i saw.

But...I saw it for sale on DVD when I went to get the event Jirachi at Toys'R'Us a few months ago...
Or is this just an American release? Coz us Aussies have had it for ages.

But...I saw it for sale on DVD when I went to get the event Jirachi at Toys'R'Us a few months ago...
Or is this just an American release? Coz us Aussies have had it for ages.

American release. We've been waiting a year now for this DVD to come out, and yet you guys have had it for a while. I hate it when they do this sort of thing and release an American DVD in Australia and either never release it here, or take a loooong time to come out here D:

I mean, why Australia? Seems weird to me.

American release. We've been waiting a year now for this DVD to come out, and yet you guys have had it for a while. I hate it when they do this sort of thing and release an American DVD in Australia and either never release it here, or take a loooong time to come out here D:

I mean, why Australia? Seems weird to me.

Ah, makes sense now...
Well I personally think its nice for Australia to get a release before America for a change. We almost always get the games later than the US, so for them to give us a movie first is kinda aknowledging that a decent percentage of the fanbase are not American.
Um...Im quite sure Pokemon is a Japanese thing...so how is it an American DVD?

Ah, makes sense now...
Well I personally think its nice for Australia to get a release before America for a change. We almost always get the games later than the US, so for them to give us a movie first is kinda aknowledging that a decent percentage of the fanbase are not American.
Um...Im quite sure Pokemon is a Japanese thing...so how is it an American DVD?

It's the American Dub of the 12th movie

And what I was talking about didn't have to do with the fanbase number, but the fact that a lot of American shows or things produced here in some way sometimes get DVD releases in Australia and never see the light of day here, or take a long time to get over here. That kind of thing is my question. Out of all places, why Australia?

Edit: To Provide Specific examples;
Australia got the first season of Courage the Cowardly dog as a DVD 3 years ago in September 2007, while we're only getting it now in July of this year.
Another CN example, they did the same thing with Johnny Bravo in 2007

Funimation released a couple of Dragon Ball DVDs in Australia and never released them here, despite them being the dubbing company for North America

Is that a better explanation of my question?

Last edited:
It's the American Dub of the 12th movie

And what I was talking about didn't have to do with the fanbase number, but the fact that a lot of American shows or things produced here in some way sometimes get DVD releases in Australia and never see the light of day here, or take a long time to get over here. That kind of thing is my question. Out of all places, why Australia?

Oh, right. That doesnt make sense to me. I mean, you get the anime long before we do, yet we get the movies first? Im not sure where Movie 12 fits into the timeline, but Ash hasnt even reached Snowpoint City yet in the anime here.

And I have no idea why Australia would get American shows before you guys...though if our free-to-air TV stations are anything to go by, Australia is seen as some kind of "dumping ground" for bad American shows. Maybe they think we wont notice they are crap.

Oh, right. That doesnt make sense to me. I mean, you get the anime long before we do, yet we get the movies first? Im not sure where Movie 12 fits into the timeline, but Ash hasnt even reached Snowpoint City yet in the anime here.

And I have no idea why Australia would get American shows before you guys...though if our free-to-air TV stations are anything to go by, Australia is seen as some kind of "dumping ground" for bad American shows. Maybe they think we wont notice they are crap.

Er, Read my edited post. It has nothing to do with the quality of the shows, but what I'm talking about, is why the heck do you guys get these things so early and we either never see them or have to wait so long?

I mean, I find it extremely odd out of all places to do this would be Australia.

Not to mention they also AIR American Programming much earlier in Australia than in the US...

What the heck America?! I hate having to wait long to watch new Episodes of Batman: The Brave & The Bold.

Last edited:
Well, finally! That took long enough..
Now, just gotta wait for the movie to get shipped into my country.. XD

~MM

Er, Read my edited post. It has nothing to do with the quality of the shows, but what I'm talking about, is why the heck do you guys get these things so early and we either never see them or have to wait so long?

I mean, I find it extremely odd out of all places to do this would be Australia.

Not to mention they also AIR American Programming much earlier in Australia than in the US...

What the heck America?! I hate having to wait long to watch new Episodes of Batman: The Brave & The Bold.

Ah, sorry, I didnt see the edit.

Yeah, I have no idea what we have done to deserve all the shows earlier, but someone at the production companies seems to think we've done something.

Hmmm...we dont get much here before the US. We are a good couple of seasons behind the US with shows like NCIS. I guess its just one of the great unsolved mysteries of the "MEDIA".

Man, I know what you mean. I just don't get how certain shows who have origins in America some how always get early bird releases in Australia of all places. It's just...is there a secret contract or something? They aired the Ed Edd & Eddy Movie there months before it was even mentioned here too, and for a long time we doubted we'd get it here :(

I guess my main question is just why, of all places,is it always Australia?

ANYWAY, we're strayyying really off topic. You might as well reply to this in a VM

Something On topic;

Doesn't $18 seem a bit much for this movie Or maybe it's just cause I bought the other two at 14 that it seems high.

I didn't say it hinted at that, but those were given away with a ticket and at the movie theaters. Giving them out over wifi won't make as much sense, and at the rate NOA gives out events, we won't get them by the release of Black and White. But maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

That's how they've been doing them for three years now, nothing wrong with it. And what do you mean at the rate they go?

Shaymin - before movie 11
Arceus - two weeks before Movie 12 and four months before HG/SS
Spiky-Eared Pichu - two months before HG/SS, and then again a week before HG/SS.

Yeah, they clearly have a bad track record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom