• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movie 12 Web site opens: Confirms 'Notched-ear' Pichu

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Movie 12 Web site opens: Confirms 'Notched-ear' Pichu

The official Web site for the 12th Pokémon movie, iToward Overcoming the Space-Time Void/i 「超克の時空へ」, is now open.

Read more on Bulbanews

Guess I was wrong about them being fake. Still, i'm not ready for another Generation so this isn't bad.
Only one of Pichu's ears is spikey? cool!

It seems like there will be more features on the Pokemon, aside gender differences, in a future Generation V? What I mean is, see how with the Spinda, for example, there's many different kinds of them. Perhaps do that to all Pokemon?

It seems like there will be more features on the Pokemon, aside gender differences, in a future Generation V? What I mean is, see how with the Spinda, for example, there's many different kinds of them. Perhaps do that to all Pokemon?

I doubt it, that would take too much programming. Imagine adding a spiky ear to one pichu, then maybe a spiky tail, then etc.
Besides if I remember correctly gender difference was a big deal when giving hints on the DP games. Yet look how that turned out; subtle and forgettable.

Anyways, I was thinking this could be Preluding GSDS? With Pichu coming back into the spotlight. (Something that happened quite often in Gen 2)

They've shown Pichus in one of the Pikachu shorts with distinctive features aswell, this probably does not mean anything more than trying to distinguish this Pichu as something special.

Yeah, plus Ritchie's Pikachu had a tuft of hair sticking up. That was just to show that it was different from Ash's Pika.

There was also that female Wooper with a heart shaped mark on its chest and the blue-eyed pikachu.

I think people are just jumping to this conclusion now about the fifth Generation because they've been deprived of a new Pokemon and want this Pichu to be worthwhile for the Fifth Gen and the fact that this generation introduced gender differences to a few Pokemon.

It's not even really a "notched ear". She just has tufts of fur coming off the tips of her ears.

wouldn't it be hilarious if they planned on adding breeds in the next pokemon game like I wanted (and been wanting, but not sure if I ever said it here or not prior to a few weeks ago)

I doubt it, that would take too much programming. Imagine adding a spiky ear to one pichu, then maybe a spiky tail, then etc.

Depending on how they did it, not really. If they just did a few little pieces of sprite art for each Pokemon and then randomized it. For instance, there would be randomized spots, stripes, scars, notches, dirt scruffs, and colorizations that all the Pokemon could share, and it could randomly assign those for each Pokemon appearance.

I think people are just jumping to this conclusion now about the fifth Generation because they've been deprived of a new Pokemon and want this Pichu to be worthwhile for the Fifth Gen and the fact that this generation introduced gender differences to a few Pokemon.

It's been two years and not even a hint of a new Pokemon. I'm already bored with Generation IV, frankly. I don't think the momentum can last another year, let enough time it would take for Nintendo to launch a DS 2, than 2-3 years of development AFTER that.

Aww man. I really wanted to see a gen V. I mean movie 2 which ended the kanto arch had lugia and slowking, movie 5 which ended johto and EP has latios latias and wailmer, in ag they showed us a IV pokemon in movie 7:munchlax. THen lucario, bonsly, mime jr., manaphy, buizel, mantyke and chatot. THey better show us V pokemon in the anime.

Depending on how they did it, not really. If they just did a few little pieces of sprite art for each Pokemon and then randomized it. For instance, there would be randomized spots, stripes, scars, notches, dirt scruffs, and colorizations that all the Pokemon could share, and it could randomly assign those for each Pokemon appearance.

Ah just small randomnizations...

It's been two years and not even a hint of a new Pokemon. I'm already bored with Generation IV, frankly. I don't think the momentum can last another year, let enough time it would take for Nintendo to launch a DS 2, than 2-3 years of development AFTER that.

Platinum came out a few months ago. (4?) I don't think the makers want to get it out of the spotlight just yet. And a fifth generation would mean a new system, so....?
And if you are bored with Gen IV there is always GSDS to hope for in the near future during the coming gap. Oh and there's a new Mystery Dungeon game coming out too.

Besides if I remember correctly gender difference was a big deal when giving hints on the DP games. Yet look how that turned out; subtle and forgettable.
There's a certain amount of diminishing returns on adding ever more combinatorial mathematics to a game that already has plenty of that in the form of IVs, traits, shinies, berries, vitamins, et al. At some point most people will stop caring whether they got a Special Blue-Fringed Limp-Eared Short-Haired Wagamuffin or a Regular one.

Shining celebi i wouont think they would update the ds anymore. How can you trump thaT?! Anyway the 5th gen would be on ds but with some backward compabilites with dppt. Im thinking sub species for each pokemon due to the notched eared being in front. Like each region would have the pokemon but with a trait and such but jhoto would have the original species.

DSi got do fangles added on. The only way to trump the do fangle model is put a joystick where the d-pad is and thats it. Or go phone. Anyway gsds is my one hope right now.

Maybe this Pichu is the Pichu Sister? *gets shot*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom