• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Movie 15: Kyurem VS The Sacred Swordsman: Keldeo

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with the obsession on her footwear?

Because it's crocs.

We can all accept that Pokemon is a fictional universe, and we've seen all their weird clothes that may be considered fashionable. But in no universe are crocs ever good.

And that's why I don't care about fashion.

rolamemoriespokemonmovi.jpg

The Memories CD cover has been revealed.

Plus, AAPF has some pics of her appearance in the movie.

Yeesh. And I thought Alice from the Darkrai movie sounded bad...

I will say that I like the chick's character design though, regardless of Totodile shoes, and the fact that she appears to not be particularly serious. If they're going to have new characters, I'd rather them be lighthearted fluff rather than something like...ugh...Kodai or whatever.

I'd like to see all those pokemon in the poster cameo, and I imagine they could pull it off if they were mostly quick bit parts. Gotta Dance Ludicolo I'd love to see return. That japanese voice man.

Wow that was painful. When I heard this was her first VA job I got a littler nervous, but it sounds like she isn't even trying.

Ugh, Keldeo better get a VA change for when it inevitably changes formes. Just...argh.

It won't. Shokotan was the one that confirmed Resolution Form's existence by saying that she ad-libbed its cry.
coolwithit.gif

*Deep breath*
Alright... so Keldeo gets a grating voice, it's not the end of the world. The movie still looks to have a lot going for it, I'm optimistic that it'll be a hell of a lot better than any of the other Pokemon movies produced of late.
Malin appears to be a fun character at least, I just hope she doesn't end up being one of the "People of the Snow" or anything lame like that.

The movie still looks to have a lot going for it,
Does it? I don't see the appeal of of four legendary Pokémon struggling to defeat another legendary Pokémon that goes on a rampage for no apparent reason. But perhaps the manga adaptation will shed light on something that has a bit more depth.

I was mostly referring to the absence of a shoddily characterised human antagonist that has plagued many of the recent Pokemon movies. But each to their own I guess.

Something I noticed: the name of the place where the festival takes place in the Meloetta short has changed. Originally, it was said to take place whenever the full moon shines over the "Whispering Rock" (ささやき岩), but the official website now states that it takes place whenever the full moon shines over the "Lunatone Rock" (ルナトーン岩). I wonder what's up with that?

The Outrage said:
We can all accept that Pokemon is a fictional universe, and we've seen all their weird clothes that may be considered fashionable.

The fashion in Pocket Monsters isn't really "weird." It's very Japanese, yes, but not really all that "weird."

Quattro ~ Bajeena said:

Oh my god put down the fucking potato chips for five minutes, camera guy.

Also, yeah, Rola is pretty terrible. Hopefully Malin will just have a small part and then kindly be absent for the majority of the film.

The fashion in Pocket Monsters isn't really "weird." It's very Japanese, yes, but not really all that "weird."

I was thinking more along the lines of extremes where some of the characters come off kind of like cosplayers--except they wear those clothes every day. But I guess on average, the characters that don't stick out like a sore thumb are more or less normal.

Wow, Iris's Village Matriarch!

The Pokemon all look awesome and the characters look pretty cool in manga form. Keldeo's new form(e) ain't to bad either.

69419303.jpg

72728621.jpg

50075343.jpg

55477015.jpg

27298644.jpg

46068468.jpg

50830841.jpg

30913485.jpg

73677280.jpg

42720717.jpg

31699473.jpg

96605938.jpg

34750920.jpg

22644651.jpg

It looks to me that the Sacred Swordsmen...*Sunglasses* Needed to take a chill pill.

wwwdotuporg3087475.jpg

Wait, what the hell? Keldeo's horn is actually broken?
Manga trans:
Keldeo intends to challenge Kyurem to a battle...!!!
That idiot...!! he can't even use his "Sword"...!!!

I am... a "Sacred Swordsman"!!!
I won't lose!!!
!!?
A "Sacred Swordsman"!!?
Keldeo, you mustn't tell lies.
How foolish...!!

Keldeo has been trapped by his fear...
To fight any further would be pointless.
Hmph, guess it can't be helped.
Wait!
You must not interfere in a battle with Kyurem!
That's why we can't leave him, right!!
Terrakion!!!
Hmph...!

Kyurem...
Keldeo has already lost the will to fight...,
[incomplete]
NO!!!
THE BATTLE HAS NOT YET CONCLUDED!!
It won't listen after all, huh...
Hey!! Whatcha spacing out for!!!
Ah......
Hurry up and get away from here!!
...mmh.

I WILL NOT TOLERATE ANYONE
WHO INTERFERES IN MY BATTLE
!!

Kiba!!
But before that!!
Here! Darumakka Bento!!
I got!! Ekiben!!! [boxed lunch bought at a station (often a local specialty)]
Pippikachu!!
Thanks a lot~

!!
I've heard about Kyurem from the Old Woman of Dragons Village...
Is that true, Iris!?
Hey, Old Woman.
What's "The Strongest Dragon Pokemon"?
"The Strongest Dragon Pokemon", huh...

Born alongside Zekrom and Reshiram, it bears the greatest DNA...
Its body always exudes a great chill...
Named "Kyurem",
it [cut off]
...The World's Strongest Dragon Pokemon...!!

It seems like Kyurem can change shapes and use the powers of either Reshiram or Zekrom.
Change shape?
"White Kyurem", which bears the powers of Reshiram.
"Black Kyurem", which bears the powers of Zekrom.
When Kyurem froze the Sacred Swordsmen, it changed shape...!!
"White Kyurem" and

!!!
Possessing the powers of Reshiram, that's...
White Kyurem [cut off]
Aaaaargh!!!

The one said to possess the powers of Zekrom...

It seems that Kyurem lives in a disused mine,
on the other side of the mountain.
And it's said to rarely come out... it can't be...
Directly,

That's the Sacred Swordsmens' "Sacred Sword"...!!
So cool!! I wanna hurry and be a Sacred Swordsman too

I guess that's what makes it 'lose the will to fight'.

No TR (judging form the manga), only one side character, no human villain...? Apart from the poor voice actor choices, this movie seems really good XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom