• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Movie 15: Kyurem VS The Sacred Swordsman: Keldeo

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the first time since the Entei movie (a million years back), I'm actually looking forward to a Pokemon movie, rather than dreading it.

For the first time since the Entei movie (a million years back), I'm actually looking forward to a Pokemon movie, rather than dreading it.
May I ask why? I don't see what is so interesting about a movie which boils down to a very long battle between Kyurem and Keldeo. Quite a far cry from the Entei movie, if I do say so myself.

May I ask why? I don't see what is so interesting about a movie which boils down to a very long battle between Kyurem and Keldeo. Quite a far cry from the Entei movie, if I do say so myself.
Mostly for the character interactions. We see Keldeo training with the Musketeers, and how the older Pokemon seem to act parental to him. I'm not sure what's going on, but I like the little family dynamic vibes I'm getting off of it. Keldeo's interactions with Ash are pretty cute, too. (Much better than his bitchfights with Shaymin or bland interactions with Victini.)

And Kyurem also makes an excellent antagonist. He's using really interesting moves, and he's obviously quite vicious. Sure, all the movies have uber dangerous legendaries causing problems. But Kyurem definitely seems more threatening than the others, in my opinion.

I don't care about the plot. I'm much more interested in the characters.

The only problem I have is that Keldeo sounds too similar to Tagiru from Digimon.

(BTW, sorry for my long ramblings here.)

I hope Kyurem turns good in the end.

Name one legendary pokemon that never turned good at the end of a movie, this maybe the first time since m1 to feature a pokemon as the main villain of a movie, but unless Keldeo kills Kyurem at the end of the film (which isn't going to happen since he's the BW2 mascot), Kyurem will follow suit just like the legendaries before it.

Name one legendary pokemon that never turned good at the end of a movie,
Unown. They were explicitly referred to as legendary Pokémon in Movie 3, and they certainly functioned as such without turning good at the end. They only retreated because Molly managed to break the illusion.

But Kyurem doesn't even have a good reason to wreak havoc. Apparently, all it wants is to fight Keldeo, so once it loses it will probably apologize and move on.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;SDKkMPOvVE8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDKkMPOvVE8[/video]
Partial translations:
Translation of the first 2:14:
On 14th July, to commemorate 15 years of Pokemon movies, Kyurem VS The Holy Swordsman, Keldeo and Meloetta's Sparking Recital are released!
Today, we'll showcase their appealing points together!
The Holy Swordsmen that protect the world and its Pokemon, Virizion, Terrakion, and Cobalon.
Aiming to become a Holy Swordsman, Keldeo continuously underwent fierce training at the hands of that trio. But...
Keldeo: I'll fight Kyurem!
Cobalon: Don't.
Keldeo: Isn't that the reason I came here!?
Cobalon: It's not time.
Virizion: I agree.
Disregarding the Holy Swordsmen, Keldeo challenges the world's strongest Dragon Pokemon, Kyurem.
But Kyurem's strength is far, far greater than he ever imagined.
In the face of its overwhelming assaults, Keldeo cannot do a thing.
With his horn snapped off, Keldeo suffers a deep wound to both his body and soul.
Somehow he escapes from Kyurem, and meets Satoshi and friends.
From being together with them, he becomes friends, and slowly begins to rise up again.
On the other hand, Kyurem, who is pursuing Keldeo, attacks in ever more fearsome formes.
Iris: White Kyurem... That's Black Kyurem!
Keldeo is cornered, but...
Satoshi: Harden your resolve! You wannabe a Holy Swordsman, right!?
Keldeo: Satoshi!
Overcoming his trial, Keldeo grows up into Resolute Form!
In the end, how will Keldeo and Satoshi and friends stand up against Kyurem, who boasts of its overwhelming strength!?
Keldeo: I will... become... a Holy Swordsmaaaaaaaaaan!

Shokotan (2:23): Just when his heart is about to break, he remembers his own pride and dreams, and rises up once again! He follows through his ideas! That's what's so great about Keldeo.

Translation of 3:11 to 3:36:
Meloetta's Sparking Recital.
Pokemon all struggle together so that Meloetta, an illusory Pokemon, can hold a recital.
Seeing lots of cute Pokemon working hard and together, is cute!!
Navigating the story is the actress, Natsuna.
Natsuna: I'll be happy if you feel you've jumped into a picture book when you watch it.

Honestly, I don't get how we're meant to care or root for an arrogant pony that got just what it wanted and ends up losing. I feel so bad?

Honestly, I don't get how we're meant to care or root for an arrogant pony that got just what it wanted and ends up losing. I feel so bad?
I like it. Maybe the pony will learn some humility and understand its limitations? Before attacking Kyurem blindly again.

So was there a reason to attack Kyurem in the first place? It seems like the entire Sacred Swordsmen saw it as a threat, but why? People complained that Grings Kodai wasn't a villain just because his damage is limited to small scale ecological destruction, but Kyurem's not really a villain if the only reason its being fought is because "its a villain"

I like it. Maybe the pony will learn some humility and understand its limitations?

Which it could have done if it just listened to its mentors/seniors? I'm not really one who thinks that's interesting to watch because it doesn't really seem as if it will be a "I told you so" moment and it seems (aka pretty much guaranteed) that Keldeo will succeed in the end. Just don't really get what the appeal in Keldeo as a character here is. If anything it seems as if we're only meant to like it because Shoko voices it, which is pretty much abysmal going by the Jagged-ear Pichu.

I do really hope we don't get a "You're a true swordsman for understanding your limitations" speech. I'm surprised it just doesn't have some discipline as a swordsman.

So was there a reason to attack Kyurem in the first place?
Perhaps because it is alleged to eat other beings. Game Freak, too, failed to address whether or not Kyurem was actually antagonistic. By that I mean that we don't even know if it joined Ghetsis willingly.

So was there a reason to attack Kyurem in the first place?
Perhaps because it is alleged to eat other beings. Game Freak, too, failed to address whether or not Kyurem was actually antagonistic. By that I mean that we don't even know if it joined Ghetsis willingly.

The Pokedex entry makes it seem like it would join anyone with a strong enough ambition to fill the void left of being split from Reshiram or Zekrom. Though, I doubt that translates to the anime, or how Kyurem can switch between its B/W forms.

It's movie time!

Per the Anime Rules at the top of the forum, this speculation thread will be closed. A review thread for this movie will be uploaded shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom