• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movie 9 Theme song to be sung by KAT-TUN? / Sowelu will sing M9 Theme song

Sunain

Inactive Account
Reaction score
Speculation is the group KAT-TUN will sing the Movie 9 theme song. I think ive only heard one song by them. Will be interesting to see if this is the case. I really liked Chiisaki mono and Hajimari no Uta. Hopefully if KAT-TUN is the group that sings the theme, it will be in the league of the aforementioned songs and not lovely boy. A CD soundtrack announcement for m9 should be in late may/early june.

KAT-TUN: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KAT-TUN

Last edited:
In the preview shown with the Deoxys episode, I could hear a new techno-ish vocal song in the background near the end (at least I think it was played then).

I remember that it also had English lyrics:

...inside you,
Fire up!

The rest is covered up by the narrator talking :(

lol, wow. I couldnt even pickup anything from that. A Techno song like that seems a bit too much for pokemon though.

..... How is that even possible. My eyes had a hard time with that, let alone trying to move my feet. The person doing that would have to be the world champion of DDR.

I've seen people do harder songs with their feet...

However, based on the keystrike noises on the steps, and the fact that we see a keyboard at the bottom at the very start, I think the person was doing that with their fingers. Stepmania's fun that way.

Let's just say the ending theme music has steadily been dropping since M7. I mean, I was shocked to disbelief when they announced PUFFY last year.

ZOMFG!!

I adore KAT-TUN!!! <3 <3

::so much squeeing::

i need to get the deoxys ep first, and i'll listen to see if it's them.

Last edited:
I went and listened to the commercial whatnots at the end of the Deoxys special... the group or whatever doesn't sound like KAT-TUN, but the voice that's rapping when the announcer first starts sounds like one of the members.

That particular version is on the second volume on one of those Japanese "ParaPara Mix" CD's. I forget the proper title, but it can be found on CDJapan (or through its sister site NeoWing, which is where I found it from actually)

It's ParaPara Max 2. And it has been licensed and produced in America, as well. I know because I own it, and I bought it at Suncoast.

Ah OK. Thanks for the info.
You're right actually, I forgot it was MAX, not mix.

... -reading on wiki-

Well, I actually LOVED the ending song for the eighth movie. It was fun, energetic...
Seventh movie's ending song, I didn't hate, but it just... wasn't... my idea of a Pokemon song. It sounded like it came out of some girls' anime or something. xD;;

http://pocketmonsters.net/node/3348

Third full-length album from Sowelu includes her singles "Dear friend," "To YOU," "Let's go faraway," and more for a total of 14 tracks (subject to change). Also includes a new single set to be the theme song for upcoming Toei anime film "Pokemon Ranger to Sokai no Oji Manafi." Limited edition includes sleeve jacket and bonus DVD with music videos and making-of footage.

大ヒットシングル「Dear friend」(フジテレビ系ドラマ「トップキャスター」主題歌)、「to YOU」(P&G ドラマスペシャル「トゥルーラブ」主題歌)、「Let's go faraway」(2005 MAXFACTOR リップフィニティー プロ CMソング)他全14曲収録予定のサード・アルバム!! さらに、東宝系映画『ポケモンレンジャーと蒼海の王子マナフィ』主題歌の新曲も収録!! ミュージックビデオ&メイキング映像を収録したDVD付き。スリーブジャケット仕様。

Well that settles this thread. CDJapan has announced Sowelu new album "24-twenty four" which will contain the theme song from Pokémon Ranger to Umi no Ōji: Manaphy. Sowelu is best known to anime fans from the 4th ending to Fullmetal Alchemist, "I Will". Sowelu's new album is scheduled for release 2006/07/12, which is 3 days before Movie 9's movie release. Barring an earlier cd single release or a music video later this month, this cd will most likely be the first time audiences will be able to hear the new theme song.

Sowelu has a pretty good voice. Most of her ablums have been in the top 20 in Japan. Looking forward to the song.

July 12, eh. Guess it's going to be a surprise. But methinks the rest of the movie music will be great - the Italy theme demands it, as with movie 5.

Official announcement is expected mid-June. We know the artist and album, now just which song is it...
1. Dear friend
2. Crazy for you
3. 守るべきもの
4. Tomorrow
5. smaile again
6. DANCE
7. Flyer
8. cry
9. Let's go far away
10. 君の気配
11. with out you
12. Pride
13. to YOU

Last edited:
Zhen Lin said:
July 12, eh. Guess it's going to be a surprise. But methinks the rest of the movie music will be great - the Italy theme demands it, as with movie 5.

Official announcement is expected mid-June. We know the artist and album, now just which song is it...
1. Dear friend
2. Crazy for you
3. 守るべきもの
4. Tomorrow
5. smaile again
6. DANCE
7. Flyer
8. cry
9. Let's go far away
10. 君の気配
11. with out you
12. Pride
13. to YOU

「守るべきもの」 (mamoru beki mono) 'One to be defended' (my best translation) is apparently the theme song according to Pokeani.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom