• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movie 9 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But then its the Ranger's turn to suffocate when Mantine resubmerges.

I think the "pearl" could possibly be some special ranger-brand magic aqualung.

Isn't it obvious? He's like Aqua man and is one with the sea (blonde hair). He's the "Prince of the Sea." :p Also, I think the movie will be like Atlantis or something and that Kyogre flooded a city (yeah right, knowing how the movie have gone so far). Or he is Kyogre as a human. :p

Doctor Oak said:
By that theory, Mantine would be suffocating anyway by being out of the water.
Mantine can live out of the water. Actaully, all water Pokémon can.

Is anyone else just happy that Kyorge gets a movie debut? I was afraid that the poorly animated 2nd part in Hoenn would be it's last appeareance in the show.

Yay for Kyorge having a major role with movie animation!

'cause the laws of nature and physics don't mean a damn in the Pokemon world.

Hence Ranger boy can magically grip onto Mantine and point proved'd. ^^

Not too happy about Kyogre. A movie focusing on Regirock would of been the best, rather than that lousy cameo in the previous one. *waves "Go Regirock" flag*

WPM's post reminds me of Prince of Atlantis. Whatever happened to that show?

Why must it be another Mantine? I hate mantines... I think it should suffocate :p

It looks as if Kyogre isn't the focus of the movie. In the poster, the Ranger is using his capture stylus on it, meaning he's only using it as a means. Whether the end is the sea prince is still up for speculation.

Rangers being able to take control of Legendaries seems... cheap.

I was rather hoping that the Ranger/Celebi ep would actually show whether they could or not - but that looks like another opportunity missed.

I also don't think it would have been in too many people's heads for that long that Kyogre would be the star. For one, by tradition it would have it's name at the end. For another, it wouldn't have been shown off so early. And for a finally, I don't think it was ever in much doubt that a 4th Gen Pokemon would take the lead.

I rather dislike the concept of these Rangers in general. They take by technological compulsion what anyone else has to earn by trust and friendship.

Indeed. It stands in stark contrast to the trainers. On the other hand, it seems completely natural for an occupation called 'Ranger' - use what is available around oneself as the situation requires.

The main difference between capture (Ranger) and get (Trainer) is that capture is temporary.

Here's the thing,sometimes there's that misconception that Pokemon are brainwashed when a Trainer captures them.Now we know that's not true at all.We've seen Pokemon disobey their trainers plenty of times and Pokemon even release themselves from their Pokeballs if they *choose* to.And as Murgatroyd mentioned,the bond between Pokemon and Trainer strengthen through trust and friendship.

So then what are the Rangers doing? Are they brainwashing Pokemon? How is that any different from Cipher and their Shadow Pokemon or Vicious and his Dark Balls? (heh heh...) Obviously the Rangers aren't evil,but we've always heard talk about how Pokemon shouldn't be controlled.

*shrug* Honestly,I'm just afraid that Pokemon might *officially* jump the shark now with the Rangers introduced.So far the concept just doesn't sit well with me.

This movie confirmed my guess from long a way back that there would be a movie with Kyogre in it. Groudon sort of appeared in a movie so why not Kyogre.

The Pokémon Ranger concept is quite contradicting the "Pokémon will only obey when caught fair and square with the proper respect and training", even if it is just temporary. That still kinda bug me...

Oh well, let's see what more rumours/theories and more will be surface concerning this movie :-D. In the meantime, I got some e-cards from the site to extract.

I made up this one story/theory/thing where the capture stylers have a magical(sort of) crystal inside them, so a ranger's ability to capture a pokemon is based on the goodness of the ranger's heart (or something equally cheezy). *waits to be disproven when TR gets their hands on one...granted, that's a little too smart for them, isn't it*

I also am wary of the Ranger concept, but I am trying to withhold judgement until we see some more information.

[OFFTOPIC]Come to think of it, doesn't this fall in the same category as trading Pokémon in the anime?[/OFFTOPIC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom