• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movie 9 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares? It's not like any of the main characters are Rangers. It'll just be a once in awhile thing.

But the possibility came up a while back that Ash could become a Ranger. It even suits him. But with the implication of the capture stylers coming to light, it doesn't seem to be such a good idea.

FabuVinny said:
But the possibility came up a while back that Ash could become a Ranger. It even suits him. But with the implication of the capture stylers coming to light, it doesn't seem to be such a good idea.
As I recall Rangers don't own pokemon. They can befriend pokemon but, do not own pokemon. It would be a little inconvenient for Ash to become a ranger and abandon all his pokemon at Oak's. Same with any other main character well besides Max. The ranger concept isnt that bad. The idea isnt bad game wise because there was no such thing as dark ball nonsense. In the games pokemon are abundant in all areas other than Oore. The anime makes it seem a little too convenient for pokemon to just be there for the rangers use. Also we dont really know specifics on how Rangers recieve their equipment and such. Currently we know they use it to protect nature. It would be interesting though to see rangers who abuse the power. Also Legendary wise it could be controlled due to many things like being extremely experienced or having advanced capture stylus'. Sort of the same concept with pokeballs.

FabuVinny said:
But the possibility came up a while back that Ash could become a Ranger.

When was it ever mentioned that Ash could become a Ranger? There's no reason for him to become a Ranger, nor was it ever hinted at.

The possibility came up on the forums. I even made a thread about it.

Unown_ said:
[OFFTOPIC]Come to think of it, doesn't this fall in the same category as trading Pokémon in the anime?[/OFFTOPIC]
Yes, and I don't like trading in the anime, either.

How often is trading done anyway? Ash already decided against it back on the St. Anne.

Not very, but that doesn't change the fact that I don't like it. But we're getting off topic.

If not for trading, we wouldn't have Wobbuffet.

^^

And the ep that actually centred on it showed it in a good light too.

I don't see why the Ranger's methods HAVE to seem 'dark' at all. They DO set the Pokemon free after they've completed the task requested. It would only be along the lines of the Dark Ball if that didn't happen.

Besides, it's possible that Pokemon may not 'fall under their spell' or whatever and that they can break it if they really want.

Hinata used it twice - not a big demonstration of the possibilities of a Ranger and their Capture Stylus. We'll have to wait for the Movie i'd assume - unless Hinata returns.

FabuVinny said:
Hinata has a Plusle.
like I said they dont actually own it. They can befriend pokemon.
Anyway I agree with doctor oak on the rangers. I kinda like the idea(sorta). Playing it game wise should be fun.

There's 400+ episodes of the anime now,and we've seen actual trading,what...twice? Like TMs or HMs,Trading just doesn't work that well in the anime.Especially since the series always emphasizes how important the bond is between a Pokemon and a Trainer.Pokemon Trading just ends up looking heartless.This the problem with the whole Pokemon Ranger concept.It just seems too contradictory to what's been established in the Pokemon mythos.

I think they may have jumped the gun on introducing the concept in the anime.The Pokemon Ranger thing just might end up making more sense in the games.Just like how you can buy a TM and er...."feed" it to your Pokemon and bam,it learns a new attack.Hell,you even had a chance to win a Pokemon in the Game Corner back in the R/B days.Which seems REALLY wrong nowadays. <<;

Doctor Oak said:
If not for trading, we wouldn't have Wobbuffet.

^^

And the ep that actually centred on it showed it in a good light too.

Not really.The only reason Benny wanted to trade Wobbuffet is because he wanted to raise a different Pokemon.That makes him sound like a butthole IMO.

Last edited:
I don't know much about Pokemon Rangers at all, but from what I've read in these comments, it seems like the guy waaaay back in "The Ultimate Test" was the forerunner to a Ranger. He knew the school's Pokemon, and they would obey him when he needed them to (ie, when TR attacked), but he didn't actually own them.

I'm interested in seeing the difference between the setting of the Latios & Latias movie and this one.

CoroCoro scan

Note that he's wearing some sort of scuba gear... and that strange orb is labelled a "mysterious egg". Otherwise nothing much new.

im suprised no one mentioned this but W/E. In the next corocoro a new pokemon that will be in the 9th movie will be revealled.

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/4963/fomdo25ki.png
http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/583/pokeranger2rp.jpg

http://www.pokebip.com/pages/animation/imgfilmranger/kyogre.jpg

http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/1323/fomdo26bb.png

possibly this dea submarine to the enemy

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/8663/20ju.jpg

Kasumi's edit: Javier, please stop double posting.

sombra8yy.png

it is a bubble or pokemon?????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom