• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movie 9 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhen Lin

φιλομαθής
Reaction score
Yes, it's a bit early to get started. But usually the trailer is available within one week today.

And, from the latest Pokeani report:
Work on the summer 2006 Pokémon movie has started in earnest.

According to the blog of screenplay writer Hideki Sonoda, the screenplay has already entered its final stage, having taken about 9 months to write.

And according to the homepage of the lead animation director, Mōri Kazuaki, the trailer for next year's Pokémon movie has been made for the end-of-year commercials for the movies of the Tōhō group, and it seems that work on the movie itself has begun earlier than normal.

In an interview with Yuyama Kunihiko on the November 27 Pokémon Sunday, he visited Italy in order to strengthen his vision of 漂流神殿 - "drifting temple" - and visited the ruins of Rome, as well as the cobalt blue city of Naples. According to Mr. Yuyama, already a clear vision of the movie is ready.

The presently established situation of next year's movie:
  • Screenplay, storyboard is almost complete
  • A movie trailer will be broadcast with the other end-of-year Tōhō movie commercials.
  • The stage this time has Rome as the motif, with a city like Naples?
  • The vision of a "drifting temple". The ruins of Rome as the motif.
  • A link with Pokémon Ranger?
  • 2006 summer (July?)

So i guess that movie 9 will look like a movie 5 but modernised in a way or another..it is kinda funny that I see the writers going more this time on ruins and cities...Hmm, and i have one observation to make:beggining with movie 4, the writers alterate in every movie--if, for example, in movie 4 everything was happening in one corner of nature, in the next(movie 5), the storyline had background a city and its' outskirts...and after that, in movie 6, it followed again our heroes thru nature etc...
Maybe we would have to expect another nature-roaming adventure in movie 10?!?

This will be an AG movie right? Considering the current Kanto saga may not be over by summer. It'll probably still have Ash, May, Max and Brock.

I wonder if this means we'll be learning of any more D/P Pokémon soon... though the first trailer for the last movie did focus on Mew.

[Bulbanews] Progress on movie 9 summarised: Pokeani gives an overview of progress on the next movie

The 9th Pokémon movie will be released in Japanese cinemas next summer. According to Pokeani, work on the movie has already started in earnest.

Link To Original Article

Bulbabot, where would we be without your insightful, witty commentary?

ムーッツ said:
Bulbabot, where would we be without your insightful, witty commentary?
Completely lost in the world, without an idea of where to go.

If they're starting the movie earlier than usual, THEY BETTER DARN MAKE A GOOD PLOT THIS TIME, and no "friends" junk. MAY THERE BE A VILLIAN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, PURE EVIL VILLIAN. No "I am so misunderstood, plz help me find my friend" or anything like that.

If its all about ruins....

R/S: Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, even though they've all had their moments.
D/P: Whatever legendaries there are, being unlocked or something.

I'd also like someone else than Ash be the main hero of this movie. I'd like May to star in a movie, considering she does next to nothing in all 3 AG movies made so far, and she's co-starred AG with Ash so she's important enough to do SOMETHING important in a movie.

Shame they won't let May at least share the spotlight in a movie with Ash. Even her little brother has had a big role in the 6th movie before her.

Don't forget that we have the whole Ranger thing going on, so Hinata seems more likely than May at the moment.

True, the Ranger girl could star in this movie. (I wonder if the Ranger boy will ever show up)

It's just upsetting that May has had such a major role in the actual series yet in the movies she does nothing at all. Although seeing Ash co-star the movie with the Ranger girl would be nice too, it's sort of getting tiring watching Ash star a movie by himself mostly.

Brock needs to be the star of a movie. Kill off Ash and May in the first few minutes.

ZoraJolteon said:
Brock needs to be the star of a movie. Kill off Ash and May in the first few minutes.

:lx132:

No, no, it doesn't need to be that violent. But considering that he's been there since the start and his biggest scene's been... what, battling a little girl who's become all grown up because it's her little dreamworld? I wouldn't mind something a little bigger for Brock. Misty had some big moments in the sun, like most of the second movie and winning that surfing race and such. Even Max has had a big part in a movie. Even Max. So why not Brock?

Although I admit May seems strangely underrepresented in the movies as well. I mean, her biggest part has been... what, the wishing dreamcatcher doohickey and the lullaby? I suppose that's because the movies are usually very action oriented and May's action usually involves contest stuff, which is a little hard to work into a movie? I dunno. I wouldn't mind seeing her have a bigger role. A movie where everyone but Ash has a good sized part! Yeah, that'd be awesome. Can't see the writers going for it, since the movies are their big things and their big things need their big star, but it'd be awesome.

Misty didn't do that much in the second movie. Besides pushing PokéShipping, I mean.

I suppose that's true. Although it's still more than even May, I think...

Misty/Melody was at least a major subplot during the 2nd movie, so she did do quite a bit. In Movie 3, Misty battled Molly. I don't remember Misty doing anything important in Movie 4 besides hurting her leg. And movie 5 she had the race, although for the rest of movie 5 she did absolutely nothing.

Brock hasn't done much in the movies, but at least he battled Molly in movie 3. Although his Onix lost against her Phanpy. Other than that, Brock sadly is a backround character.

Max has had movie 6 of course, the whole major thing between him and Jirachi, not to mention getting to ride with Ash and Flygon. Max doesn't need another major role so soon.

Tracey...has only been in the 2nd movie...and he did absolutely nothing of merit in that one. And since Tracey's not part of the main cast, it's unlikely that he'll ever be in a movie again. (Aside from some cameos if they show Oaks lab).

May's had the wishing sublot of movie 6, but even that was minimal. She did nothing in movie 7, and from what I heard of the Rukario movie she does little in that one too.

Considering Movie 9 may be the final AG movie, it would be nice for May to finally get a large role. Obviously Ash is still likely to be the main hero, but I hope she does more than just standing there like she did in the past 3 AG movies. It's really strange considering her major role and all the screentime she gets in the actual series.

Is highly unlikely they'll drop Ash as the main character of the movie, but at least May could get a major role on this one, I guess. But I have the feeling the Ranger, possibly Hinata, will have a major role than her still.

Scott85 said:
Considering Movie 9 may be the final AG movie, it would be nice for May to finally get a large role. Obviously Ash is still likely to be the main hero, but I hope she does more than just standing there like she did in the past 3 AG movies. It's really strange considering her major role and all the screentime she gets in the actual series.

Maybe, then, this May overload we've been seeing is an accomodation for not giving her anything in the movies? The inbalance is disturbing, to say the least. I mean, if it can have me foaming at the mouth over how much we see of her in the series, and then agreeing that yeah, she could use some more attention in the movies than the wishing dreamcatcher doohickey whatever that was supposed to be? That's a major tilt if I ever saw one.

And somehow I doubt the writers' precious little May's going to drop out into obscurity like Misty and Tracey, so don't get too worried about this being May's last chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom