• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movie 9 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pie summarized my views perfectly.

Well said Pie!

The people who make the movies probably aren't the same people who make the anime. Movies are separate from the anime. Yeah, they may seem like a continuation of story, but they aren't. Also, movies cost a lot more than the anime. The writers will be conservative. Ash has been established as the hero. Until fan polls indicate differently, he'll remain the focus of the Pokemon cosmos and everyone else will be in the background.

Argy said:
I say screw Haruka and Satoshi, I think it's time for a Team Rocket movie.
They made one. It's called Mewtwo Returns, and it wasn't even a movie, it was a special. Aside from that, the chances of us getting a TR-oriented movie, are, sadly, quite slim.

Well the bad guys would have to be the good guys, and I doubt the writers could do much more than they did in "The Power of One".

Still, Jessie, James and Meowth have been gypped more and more as the movies go on.

I mean, you could very, very easily remove them from the 7th Movie entirely.

I don't see them being given any major roles - or even anything better than what they got in P2K but being fan-favourites and an excellent chance for comedy, you'd think they'd at least get more involved.

In fact, I really don't see why they can't become the main bad-guys of a movie. They've been able to hold their own against The Twerps when the writers felt like it and I could easily see them being stupid enough to accidentally awaken a world-ending Pokemon in an over-complicated attempt to catch Pikachu/A whorde of Pokemon.

I don't really see Jessie, James, and Meowth as being capable of being threatening evil villains. But seeing them be stupid enough to accidentally awaken a world-ending Pokemon in an over-complicated attempt to catch Pikachu/A whorde of Pokemon would be great!

Hopefully they're working on that Deoxys vs. Mewtwo movie I've been wishing for.Would sure make a nice Chirstmas gift. ;)

I know this "May getting a bigger role" argument has been beaten down enough, but even if she hasn't done many things to warrent a big role in a movie could they not just develop her character during one? Put her in a situation where she can't panick, or at least after freaking out a bit realizes she has to take action. Max was perfect for the role in movie 6th and he'd barely done anything in the series. If they worked the plot right and threw May in over her head there's no reason why she couldn't pull off something.

It's probably a given that a Ranger character will be present in the movie, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll just star them and Ash. All of the main four cast could get major roles under the right circumstances. Or maybe I'm being too optimistic with the currnet trend of the writers...?

Well, yes, that's why a good portion of us have been saying it'd be nice if she wasn't a background character in this movie. Like you said, even Max had a very important role in Wishmaker. So yeah, having a decent sized, if not big, role would not be beyond the scope of May.

But Ash big, as Scott suggested? No, never gonna happen, for the same reasons why she hasn't gotten any role yet bigger than her very-mini-subplot about the wishing dreamcatcher doohickey. And those reasons have, yes, been discussed to death already. If she has a big role in any movie, it'll be nothing compared to Ash's. In fact, even with this Ranger girl co-starring as we've been predicting, I bet Ash will noticably take center stage.

It is, of course, also possible that by next summer Battle Frontier could be over completely and by that we might not even have a May or Max to debate about...

I think their role in the D/P adaption will almost certainly hinge on whether the writers plan to simply repeat the formula with Hoenn.

It's possible that this Ranger character ends up replacing May all together and then there wont be any point to debate about. ^^

Though that's far too reliant on information we simply do not have to really put any backing to.

I doubt they'd ever make that Ranger girl a main character, especially since the Ranger games are spinoffs.

If they wanted a new female main character, they'd take the female character from D/P.

As for the cast, I think this will still be part of AG. They won't have time for yet another filler arc between now and D/P. And if there is another filler arc, it'll also likely still be part of AG.

The writers don't seem to want to change the cast until AG ends, which is why the BF has the same cast as Hoenn, because they're both part of AG.

Last edited:
I doubt they'd ever make that Ranger girl a main character, especially since the Ranger games are spinoffs.

The last word from Coro Coro was that Pokémon Ranger is a game and movie.

The casting really depends on when D/P is released, since AG ends very close to that date. It would be a bit boring if Ash didn't have many Pokémon at that time, though. I don't see Hinata joining the cast, so I'm currently putting her chances of being in this at 50-50.

The writers could suprise us all and have none of thecast in the movie. For all we know, it could be all about Ritchie! :p

THE GREAT RITCHIE RANGER MOVIE *fanfare*

Naaah, I'm not seein' it.

Ritchie was ok for a smaaaall handful of episodes in the Indigo league.

It's when they brought him back and his COMPLETE lack of originality in character becomes evident that you begin to hate his very Ash-Cl0n0r soul. ^^

Hmmm. Odd. It's December 1 already and even a skeleton pokemon2006.jp isn't up yet. The domain name is registered, but has no nameserver assigned.

I imagine that they are still designing the site. I guess that the producers don't want to activate the site untill they reveal more information about the movie.

I'd say it probably wont go up until Coro Coro is either out or a few days beforehand.

I think it was about a week between Lucario being revealed in Coro coro and being put up on the 8th Movie site. Chances are, whatever Coro Coro plans to unveil will be up on the site as soon as it's uploaded.

CoroCoro isn't due until the 15th. And even then, the first trailer is almost completely content-free. Significant information won't be released until February, methinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom