• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movie 9 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ranger girl is Hinata. The ranger boy... I don't know...

Bah, why do I get the feeling that the boy ranger will be another Sammy Oak/ Tory clone? It'll be really disappointing just to see Ash make friends with another insecure little boy.

It sounds more like the Ranger will be self-confident and self-assured to me...

He's the one chasing off after Legendary Pokemon afterall.

Goce said:
The ranger girl is Hinata. The ranger boy... I don't know...
Well, there seem to be two "Ranger Boys". The one which is supposed to appear in the movie has blonde hair while the one from the game has black/blue hair.

Doctor Oak said:
Basically, if it's an AG movie - it'll be more or less like another movie 5 or 8. With a brand new Pokemon in the lead yet grounded by the current generation.
Another one, you say. Well, I disagree, but we shall see. I certainly hope that we get a 4th Gen. Pokemon as the centerpiece of the entire film.

EDIT: On second thought, a cameo by a 4th gen is exactly what I'm expecting. So I do agree.

Last edited:
Zhen Lin said:
3. The mysterious orb... looks more like an egg.

Looks to me that it could pass for a pearl. A special pearl, with some sort of energy thingy inside it. But a Pearl.

If so, it would indicate that whoever this Water Prince is - may also be Pearl's leading Legend.

Kasumi-san said:
Duuuude... the Ranger looks like Morty... <333

THANKYOU.

Damn that was annoying me.

Team Aqua? It looks like it's them, but... the symbol on their backs doesn't seem like Team Aqua's...

Yeah, I'm thinking that too. It seems we may be glimpsing a brand new team. Either from Ranger or from D/P.

Although if they continue the Fire/Water theme again in D/P, I might cry. I kinda just preferred the unified team of Evil.

:( Bring back Giovanni.

Game-wise I dislike Team Rocket, so as far as DP themselves are concerned, I'm happy with new teams. But in the show... yeah, TR's interesting in the show, but Magma/Aqua were squandered, so I guess you have to take the lumps too...

Anyway, that ranger dude looks badass. :O

Satosh's reaction to the ranger sounds interesting. What's he saying?

"That's a Pokemon Ranger!"

I'm intrigued by the captain of the submarine at the very beginning of the trailer (it's the first picture Zhen Lin posted). The way he enters the scene (coming down from the ceiling on a chair) is reminiscent of the second movie, and it makes me wonder if maybe the group in the submarine will be the villains that Satoshi and the Ranger have to stop.

Hmmmm...the legendary associated with the pearl? It is highly possible, but I don't think we saw the diamond staff that contained Rukario until the real trailer for the last movie was revealed. However, there was a poster with Mew holding this glowing ball thing that turned out to be Rukario's power. The similarities to the teaser of the last movie is staggering. Not much is seen except for enough to get our attention and a legendary we already know. It would be interesting to see if we are indeed getting two halves of a duo in two separate movies. Then again, it has also not been confirmed whether Rukario and the diamond of Diamond and Pearl are related. It's just that the whole thing with the staff seems to indicate so. I hate not having complete information. :p

From Dogasu's site:

glide.jpg

Maybe he has his hands over Mantine's gill slots that are somehow creating a vacume? Of course, that just leads to the question, Why isn't Mantine suffocating?

By that theory, Mantine would be suffocating anyway by being out of the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom