• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Movie Box Office, Releases, and Discussion

@Avapatch I saw the trailer for Angry Birds and it was... cringe-inducing, and that's putting it mildly. I love how they flat out said it was going to be the next Lego Movie, which clearly isn't an example of aggressive marketing at its finest. It also had a few more unfortunate implications involved, but I'm not going to delve into that because you may see things differently than what I saw. It just doesn't look good to me, and since I was never an Angry Birds fan to begin with, I think I'll pass and save my money to see Finding Dory and The Secret Life of Pets.

It sounds like we both share distaste for The Angry Birds Movie

"Ratchet & Clank" made only $11 million from the $20 million budget. T~T

Oh well, hopefully it'll still be released on Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack in the future.

Neighbors 2 looks really funny so I'm definitely going to see that! I feel like I'm the only one here that's a little bit interested in seeing the Angry Birds movie, was never a fan of the game, but the movie looks pretty cute.

Neighbors 2 looks really funny so I'm definitely going to see that! I feel like I'm the only one here that's a little bit interested in seeing the Angry Birds movie, was never a fan of the game, but the movie looks pretty cute.

You're not the only one..."Ratchet & Clank" only lasted 2 weeks before being pulled from theaters (I can't find its entry in my theater recently), I bet Angry Birds is getting better reviews. Mainly because it's got a simpler story since R&C requires that you play all the games (excluding the PSP, mobile and crossover games) to get all the references. That, and the game's free for most portable devices.

In short: I'm seeing "Angry Birds", on Sunday with mom.

Weekend Box Office (May 20 - 22, 2016)

1 The Angry Birds Movie $39,000,000.00
2 Captain America: Civil War $33,114,000.00
3 Neighbors 2 $21,790,000.00
4 The Nice Guys $11,270,000.00
5 The Jungle Book $11,017,000.00
6 Money Monster $7,080,000.00
7 The Darkness $2,363,000.00
8 Zootopia $1,703,000.00
9 The Huntsman: Winter's War $1,190,000.00
10 Mother's Day $1,115,214.00

Okay, how is it that people like me, the general audience, can enjoy the "Angry Birds" movie while critics have to be so nasty? o_O

Hmm it's probably a difference in views. You're just looking at entertainment value where as they look at the movie as a whole. Was there plot wholes? Where the jokes original? Was it vulgar? How coherent was the script? It's just a whole diffrent experience for them than for well the general audience.

Also it's a kids movie they usually don't do so well unless they're ground breaking.

I'm surprised The Angry Birds Movie did as well as it did. Neighbors 2 did about what I thought it would. The Nice Guys did worse than I thought.

Hmm it's probably a difference in views. You're just looking at entertainment value where as they look at the movie as a whole. Was there plot wholes? Where the jokes original? Was it vulgar? How coherent was the script? It's just a whole diffrent experience for them than for well the general audience.

Also it's a kids movie they usually don't do so well unless they're ground breaking.

Well, I'm young at heart (might be from my autism), so that might be one reason.

Movies Coming Soon May 27th, 2016

05/27/16
Alice Through the Looking Glass
Plot: Alice returns to Wonderland but must face a much different journey as the Lord of Time finds himself in possession of a scepter that could fast-forward Wonderland into a barren wasteland. As Alice braves the perils of Underworld, she also has the chance to go back and help the Mad Hatter as well as prevent the Queen of Hearts from gaining the throne once again.

05/27/16
X-Men: Apocalypse
Plot: Although thought to be a recent occurance, mutation has been with mankind for a long time. Apocalypse, worshiped as a god and harnessing the power of other mutants to become nigh immortal, has been awakened after thousands of years. Seeing the world for what it is he is disillusioned and, joined by his four horsemen, seeks to cleanse mankind and start anew. With the world on the line, Professor Xavier and a group of young mutants must work together and come up with a plan to stop the greatest threat the mutants, and the world, has ever seen.

2 big movies this weekend. WOW! I'm thinking X-Men: Apocalypse should be the big winner, but Alice Through the Looking Glass will do good.

To be honest, I don't care much about X-Men movies. What I am looking forward to, when it comes to what's coming to cinemas soon, is Now You See Me 2 (June 9th here).

Weekend Box Office (May 27 - 29, 2016)

1 X-Men: Apocalypse $65,000,000.00
2 Alice Through the Looking Glass $28,112,000.00
3 The Angry Birds Movie $18,700,000.00
4 Captain America: Civil War $15,135,000.00
5 Neighbors 2 $9,100,000.00
6 The Jungle Book $6,967,000.00
7 The Nice Guys $6,370,000.00
8 Money Monster $4,259,000.00
9 Love & Friendship $2,500,000.00
10 Zootopia $831,000.00

Unfortunately, while I enjoyed "Alice", it didn't do well with critics, and has become a bomb against its...how much was the budget, $156 million?

Well, my next one is TMNT: Out of the Shadows, and I know people will hate it even though it's for young fans...or again, people that are young at heart. I saw the 2014 film on Netflix last year, and I regret not seeing that in the theater. Also, the sequel has Bebop and Rocksteady.

BEBOP. AND. ROCKSTEADY.

I thought Alice Through the Looking Glass would do a little better and X-Men: Apocalypse would do a lot better. Some of the previews I saw this weekend looked really really really bad. I'm talking straight to DVD bad.

Movies Coming Soon June 3rd, 2016

06/03/16
Me Before You
Plot: A small town girl forms an unlikely bond when she is given charge of a man recently paralyzed following an accident.

06/03/16
Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping
Plot: Connor4Real is the king of the rap/pop charts... until he isn't. With his most recent album tanking, anything is on the table to get back into the spotlight - anything but reuniting with his old band The Style Boyz.

06/03/16
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Plot: Old enemy Shredder returns, and this time he enlists the help of disgraced scientist Dr. Baxter Stockman in order to create his own mutants to fight the turtles. Yet during this battle with the transformed Bebop and Rocksteady, they also find a Retro-Mutagen that could make them human. Everything is put on hold, however, when an extraterrestrial threat forms, led by the Dimension X being known as Krang

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom