• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Movie Box Office, Releases, and Discussion

Pretty obvious Finding Dory was going to top the box office, it was one of the most anticipated movies of this year. Can't wait to see it on Tuesday with my cousin and parents.
Of course it was expected but I didn't think the movie would become the highest grossing animated film opening weekend ever.

Trust me almost anything from them is pure freaking gold.
Oh really
Cars_2_Poster.jpg

lol Pixar will never escape from the shadow of Cars 2, no matter how many masterpieces they make

Cars 2 is the only Pixar movie I have ever actually fell asleep through. It's boring, it had too much Mater (there's only so much of Larry the Cable Guy I can stand), it was so far removed from the original with the original also being kind of lame in its own right; it deserves all the ridicule it gets and it was depressing to see Pixar hit such a low with that movie. It may have done well financially, but as a story, it's garbage.

Anyways, I will be seeing Finding Dory this coming Wednesday. I can't wait!

Movies Coming Soon June 24th, 2016

06/24/16
Free State of Jones
Plot: As the Civil War divides a nation, MIssissippi farmer Newt Knight defies the South by opposing both slavery and succession. He himself succeeds and forms his own "Free State of Jones" with the help of fellow like-minded farmers. The group lead their own rebellion against the South - one that continued long after the war as Knight marries a former slave, essentially former the first mixed-race community in the region.

06/24/16
Independence Day: Resurgence
Plot: Following the devastating attack by an alien force, the nations of the Earth have come together, using recovered alien technology to create a massive defense initiative. But when the aliens return, with a larger and even more advanced force. Forced to the brink of extinction, mankind will put their hope behind a small group of people - some who have faced this threat before.

06/24/16
The Neon Demon
Plot: A young, aspiring model arrives in L.A. with dreams of making it big, but, unbeknownst to her, a sinister cabal of beauty-obsessed women will go to great lengths to reclaim their own youth and vitality by draining it from her.

06/24/16
The Shallows
Plot: Nancy is looking forward to secluded surfing experience, but 200 feet from shore, she is attacked by a great white shark. Alone, she beings the ultimate battle of survival and will as she tries everything to make it back to the beach alive.

Saw Finding Dory! My cousin, parents, and I loved it 10/10.

Hmm, the Independence Day sequel looks pretty good, so I'll give that a go; not on the day it comes out but I'll wait a bit to see it. The Shallows is almost like a Jaws-esque type of movie from the commercials I've seen of it, I'll have to think about it if I want to see it or not. As for the other two, haven't seen commercials for it yet so I don't have an opinion on them, let alone if I want to see them.

New Independence Day looks like it has potential, I'm just wondering how they'll up the ante from the last one. Hadn't heard of The Neon Demon before it was mentioned here, but I'm interested; it sounds like it could be a kind of throwback horror/thriller. I'm still hyped for Finding Dory, I just haven't had a chance to see it yet. I might not be able to until I'm back in the US, so hopefully it'll still be running. I expect it to stay in theaters for a good while, though.

Dunno about Free State of Jones or The Shallows, since neither one sounds like the kind of movie I usually go for, but I'll see what other people think.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom