• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Movie Box Office, Releases, and Discussion

Anyone heard anything about the new Independence Day? I haven't seen a single review for it yet.

IMDb: 6.4/10 from 2,320 users Metascore: 49/100
Rotten Tomatoes: 52% average rating 4.9/10 rotten 18 fresh 18
Empire: 4/5

These are the ratings that came up for Independence Day: Resurgence, I didn't bother reading the reviews though since it comes out tomorrow. Unless those reviewers saw it in the TCL Chinese Theatre premier on the 2oth. I still want to see it regardless what the scores/reviews are and judge it myself, and not go with what other people say about it.

Weekend Box Office (June 24 - 26, 2016)

1 Finding Dory $73,235,000.00
2 Independence Day: Resurgence $41,600,000.00
3 Central Intelligence $18,370,000.00
4 The Shallows $16,700,000.00
5 Free State of Jones $7,772,000.00
6 The Conjuring 2 $7,705,000.00
7 Now You See Me 2 $5,650,000.00
8 X-Men: Apocalypse $2,475,000.00
9 TMNT: Out of the Shadows $2,400,000.00
10 Alice Through the Looking Glass $2,147,000.00

Since "Ratchet & Clank" was a box-office bomb, does this mean the upcoming "Sly Cooper" movie will get the axe?

If it's already in production, I'd think they'd keep it. Might pull it from theaters early if it does very poorly, though.

Given how ugly the characters look, that'll be an understatement. But on the bright side, "Ratchet & Clank" is still getting a home video release.

Hey, I don't have a PS4, and I hear there's a super-difficult racing minigame in the game itself!

Movies Coming Soon July 1st, 2016

07/01/16
The BFG
Plot: A young girl, Sophie, encounters a BFG (Big Friendly Giant) who, despite his appearance, is a gentle, kind soul. She finds out he has been outcast because, unlike his peers, won't eat little boys and girls. The two set out on an adventure to make sure the aggressive giants leave the human world alone.

07/01/16
The Legend of Tarzan
Plot: Ten years after leaving the Congo, Tarzan, now the Lord of Greystroke, has acclimated to life in London with his wife, Jane. But he is always reminded of where he came from and when he is invited as an emissary back to the Congo, he accepts, only to find himself at the center of a mining controversy - one that threatens all those he holds dear.

07/01/16
The Purge: Election Year
Plot: A politician is gaining traction on her platform of eliminating The Purge. But when her safe house is compromised on Purge Night, she, along with her body guard, will have to survive the 12-hour free-for-all.

I suppose whether I see any of these comes down mainly to my schedule. This is a busy time for me and I haven't really been waiting on any of these, but if they turn out to be good I might go. The Legend of Tarzan sounds interesting, and The BFG again would come down to what I hear about it and if I've got time. Don't plan on seeing Election Year unless I hear really good things about it, since the first two were sort of a letdown.

I agree that I want to see Finding Dory at the no. 1 spot again, I think I'll give The BFG and The Legend of Tarzan a chance (I loved the animated movie so we'll see how this one does); if I don't see them in the theater that's fine, I can just wait until they come on TV. As for Purge Election Year, eh, the first one was pretty good but the second wasn't as good imo, so I'll probably pass on this one.

Some idiot accidentally showed the trailer for "Sausage Party", an upcoming R-rated computer-animated film starring Seth Rogen that parodies Disney, Pixar and DreamWorks animated films, in front of "Finding Dory" at a theater in California.

I read about that, I have to agree it's pretty stupid of them for showing the trailer, Walter Eichinger the vice president of Brenden Concord 14 apologized and is not happy that it happened. Apparently though, Rogen said in a tweet that it made his day.

Some idiot accidentally showed the trailer for "Sausage Party", an upcoming R-rated computer-animated film starring Seth Rogen that parodies Disney, Pixar and DreamWorks animated films, in front of "Finding Dory" at a theater in California.

Just watched the trailer, it looks monkey fighting Bad. The audience better be Monday thru Friday high.

So I saw the trailer for Sausage Party, and I hate how they dropped the f-bomb a lot. Now I'm not one to care about people cursing or hearing a few curse words here and there in any kind of media, but to use them constantly throughout this trailer and to mostly rely on them to try and be humorous shows it's not going to be funny. It's like they're trying too hard to be "hardcore" because it's an animated movie with cursing, the only ones I can see being more interested in this movie is the younger audiences that think fowl language is "cool" and "mature".

But different strokes for different folks, there will be older audiences that will like it and think it's funny, but I'm not going to see it, the dumb trailer is enough for me.

The news of the SP preview during the showing of Finding Dory made me sick. I'm finding it hard to believe that it wasn't done on purpose as a joke. Who would have thought that a movie with a name like Sausage Party would be alright to show to kids? I mean, I guess those who like that kind of humor thought it was funny to show that foul dreck to kids younger than 5 (like Seth Rogen, because hey), but I can assure you that to those with better taste than to show "adult" humor to children, it wasn't funny. If I had been a parent in the audience, I would have been pissed off. I'm the kind of person who can't stand it when people cuss in front of kids.

As for the movie itself, it looks like trash that I would have liked when I was barely starting high school because it's like a Pixar movie with half the budget and 3x the EDGE! Yeah, I won't be wasting my money on this.

I, um...I actually want to go see "Sausage Party"...my mom wants to see it too.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom