• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Movie Box Office, Releases, and Discussion

I, um...I actually want to go see "Sausage Party"...my mom wants to see it too.
By all means, don't let our grumbling stop you. It'll appeal to some people and not to others, like everything else. There's always the chance that it might actually turn out to be quite good.

By all means, don't let our grumbling stop you. It'll appeal to some people and not to others, like everything else. There's always the chance that it might actually turn out to be quite good.
It'll be the fourth R-rated film I'll see in theaters, the others being "Jackass 3D" (mom made me go), "Ted 2" and "Deadpool".

Well if you like comedies in that vein, there's a good chance you'll like Sausage Party too. I hope you do enjoy it if you go to see it, at least. Doubt I will, since I'm not a huge comedy fan in the first place and as I said, shaky cam does nothing good for me.

Weekend Box Office (July 1 - 3, 2016)

1 Finding Dory $41,901,000.00
2 The Legend of Tarzan $38,135,000.00
3 The Purge: Election Year $30,870,000.00
4 The BFG $19,585,000.00
5 Independence Day: Resurgence $16,500,000.00
6 Central Intelligence $12,330,000.00
7 The Shallows $9,005,000.00
8 Free State of Jones $4,134,000.00
9 The Conjuring 2 $3,850,000.00
10 Now You See Me 2 $2,950,000.00

Yes! Finding Dory is no. 1 again :)

To bad The BFG didn't at least make the second spot, but to be fair it was another Disney movie released after one of the most anticipated sequel to an amazing Disney film; it still did pretty good though. I'll still see it regardless, same with The Legend of Tarzan.

So is The Purge: Election year good? I see it's doing pretty well at the box office.

I felt both the previous Purge movies were sort of a letdown, the first one felt like it really didn't capitalize on its premise like it should have, and I didn't really care for the main characters in the second. If I hear good things about Election Year though, I might give it a chance.

Movies Coming Soon July 8th, 2016

07/08/16
Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates
Plot: A pair of hard-partying brothers think they have the perfect solution to getting dates for their sister's Hawaiian wedding - the wonders of an online ad. But the ad goes viral and just when they think they've settled on the perfect match, they find out they may be outmatched in the game.

07/08/16
The Secret Life of Pets
Plot: Max is the lord of his Manhattan castle - being an only pet has its advantages after all. But when his owners bring home an uncouth mongrel, Duke, it changes the dynamics. Yet the two will have to learn how to get along, especially when they discover a plot by the adorable, maniacal rabbit Snowball to unleash the wrath of abandoned animals everywhere on unsuspecting pet owners.

amityvilleposter.jpg

The-Bye-Bye-Man-Movie-wallpaper-HD-film-2016-poster-image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if I can watch the new Amityville without seeing Bella Thorne as her character from that Disney show she was on. The pitfalls of being a child star.

At this point, they don't have much to do with the Amityville case itself besides names. It's basically brand recognition for haunted house movies, and given how a lot of the movies haven't been great, they could probably do better without the brand.

Well if you like comedies in that vein, there's a good chance you'll like Sausage Party too. I hope you do enjoy it if you go to see it, at least. Doubt I will, since I'm not a huge comedy fan in the first place and as I said, shaky cam does nothing good for me.
Shaky cam?

Weekend Box Office (July 8 - 10, 2016)

1 The Secret Life of Pets $103,171,000.00
2 The Legend of Tarzan $20,615,000.00
3 Finding Dory $20,351,000.00
4 Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates $16,600,000.00
5 The Purge: Election Year $11,700,000.00
6 Central Intelligence $8,125,000.00
7 Independence Day: Resurgence $7,700,000.00
8 The BFG $7,604,000.00
9 The Shallows $4,800,000.00
10 Sultan $2,216,000.00

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom