• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Movie Box Office, Releases, and Discussion

Those movies made me angry too~ because they were so bloody boring. I do not like being around strangers, and yet even in a crowded theatre with some random person next to me I still managed to fall asleep during the first Saw movie. That's how boring it was. Boredom makes me cranky too~

Anyway, this is like a repeat of the discussion about "is Pokemon Go to blame for accidents." Are violent movies to blame for violent behaviour? No. Stop trying to blame an inanimate object for the actions of a kid that was already screwed up in the head. You're ignoring all the kids that watched violent movies/played violent games/whatever and ended up fine. The common factor is violence, the divergence is some kids end up fine, some don't. If the common factor leads to two different outcomes then how can you blame the common factor for just one outcome. Might as well flip the script and say that I'm studying medicine because I saw violent movies as a kid. Correlation does not equal causation.

Instead, maybe look into the fact that kids that are already screwed up in the head are more likely to be drawn towards things with violence in them, rather than the things with violence in them being the inciting factor.

Secret Life of Pets was a lot of fun! Makes me wonder what my cats do all day... Anyways, the characters were so cute and well-designed! I really loved Chloe the cat!

Also, I was never a Ghostbusters fan, either, but I saw the movie today and it was good fun, too! I was laughing, the audience was laughing- especially the kids! It was fun. It had female characters actually look like your everyday woman, not some Hollywood supermodel that tends to dominate these movies. I cannot believe the hate this movie got. I can understand if some people do not care to see remakes. Fair enough. I get that. The people complaining just because the main cast is comprised of women... yeah, not cool. Yeah, it isn't a masterpiece, but it was fun, and I left the theater still laughing at some of the scenes.
Nostalgia Goggles.

I think I've heard a bit about it, but I haven't seen any trailers yet. What's the premise?

I think I've heard a bit about it, but I haven't seen any trailers yet. What's the premise?

A high school senior plays NERVE the online reality game of an objective-focused truth or dare, she enlists to be a player and people pay to watch her, and others, do different dares.

It looks pretty good, comes out next week on the 27th.

Looks interesting. Not sure about some of the special effects, but they're not terrible. I feel like there was something with a similar premise a few years ago, maybe an anime?

^ Looks interesting, so is it connected to the King Kong 2005 remake? If it is then I didn't know there was another Kong on the island, I thought it was just the one. Anyway, I'll see it when it comes out next year.

Weekend Box Office (July 22 - 24, 2016)

1 Star Trek Beyond $59,600,000.00
2 The Secret Life of Pets $29,330,000.00
3 Lights Out $21,600,000.00
4 Ghostbusters $21,600,000.00
5 Ice Age: Collision Course $21,000,000.00
6 Finding Dory $7,220,000.00
7 The Legend of Tarzan $6,430,000.00
8 Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates $4,400,000.00
9 Hillary's America $3,700,000.00
10 The Infiltrator $3,294,000.00

Star Trek made no. 1 which I am pretty happy to know, I have yet to see it but I will soon hopefully. I'm also glad that Secret Life of Pets is no. 2, still at the top at least. Surprised Lights Out and Ghostbusters are no. 3 and 4 respectively, I thought they'd be lower tbh.

I'm super hype to see Lights Out, I really liked the short film it's based on. Pity nobody ever wants to go with me to see horror movies.

Star Trek Beyond - Budget $185 million - might earn a profit
Ice Age: Collision Course - Budget $105 million - earned a profit overseas
Lights Out - Budget $4.9 million - succeed

Last edited:
I found out that my theater will show movies in 2D and 3D for $5 and $6 on Tuesdays rather than the usual $7.50 or $10 respectively, so I'mma go see 3D movies every Tuesday morning before I go to work.

My first movie in my Tuesday morning ritual is "The Secret Life of Pets", which I thought was really cute (despite most trailers using the same jokes so hardly anyone laughed at the scene where Snowball accidentally poops and says "Just ignore what just happened" while a cat batted one of the pellets).

My next one tomorrow is "Ice Age: Collision Course".

Movies Coming Soon July 29th, 2016

07/27/16
Nerve
Plot: A high school senior starts an online game of truth or dare, unaware that the game is being manipulated by an anonymous community of "watchers".

07/29/16
Bad Moms
Plot: Three over-worked, over-stressed and under-appreciated mothers join forces and take on a new life of reckless abandon and liberation. But their antics catch the attention of local PTA queen bee and her cadre of perfect mothers - and the confrontation promises to be eminent and epic in proportion.

07/29/16
Jason Bourne
Plot: The one-time covert agent who was part of a government experiment, Jason Bourne, has finally solved the mystery of who he truly is. Armed with this knowledge, he seeks answers about the past.

I'm pretty excited for NERVE, I'll be seeing it on Saturday so hopefully it lives up to my expectations. Bad Moms looks sort of funny, though I'll probably only see it for Mila Kunis since she's pretty funny herself, especially when she was on That 70's Show. Jason Bourne movies where never really my thing so I'll skip this one, though I do think it'll make a good amount of money on it's release.

Weekend Box Office (July 29 - 31, 2016

1 Jason Bourne $60,000,000.00
2 Star Trek Beyond $24,000,000.00
3 Bad Moms $23,400,000.00
4 The Secret Life of Pets $18,210,000.00
5 Lights Out $10,810,000.00
6 Ice Age: Collision Course $10,500,000.00
7 Ghostbusters $9,800,000.00
8 Nerve $9,000,000.00
9 Finding Dory $4,220,000.00
10 The Legend of Tarzan $2,405,000.00

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom