• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Movie Box Office, Releases, and Discussion

Movies Coming Soon July 7th, 2017

07/07/17
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Plot: After helping out The Avengers during the events of Civil War, young Peter Parker returns to New York, now under the tutelage of Tony Stark, and finds that returning to a normal life is difficult when you're also Spider-Man. Yet as he comes to terms with being a teen and being a hero, a new villain called Vulture threatens to destroy all he holds dear.

I'll pass on Spider-Man, he isn't one of my favorite superheroes.

I'm sure you guys might have heard about this movie, but just in case they are making an emoji movie. A movie about emoticons... not sure if I should be surprised or not at this point, either way I'm probably not going to see it.

The new Spiderman movie looks ridiculous. Spiderman? More like Spiderboy, the kid looks like he's 12 years old. Not only that but in all of the trailers he's taken Spiderman's usual occasional whining and turned it up to like a million (didn't even know the dial could go that high~).

Weekend Box Office (July 7 - 9, 2017)

1 Spider-Man: Homecoming $117,000,000.00
2 Despicable Me 3 $34,000,000.00
3 Baby Driver $12,750,000.00
4 Wonder Woman $10,135,000.00
5 Transformers: The Last Knight $6,300,000.00
6 Cars 3 $5,636,000.00
7 The House $4,815,000.00
8 The Big Sick $3,651,000.00
9 47 Meters Down $2,700,000.00
10 The Beguiled $2,086,000.00

Spidey did better then expected
People will watch it because it's Spider-Man, as well as part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I think the last movie I watched from that was the first Avengers movie, not that I disliked it, but I don't go to the movies often.

Movies Coming Soon July 14th, 2017

07/14/17
The Big Sick
Plot: After taking the next step in their relationship, a couple must figure out how to best deal with their cultural differences as their families get involved.

07/14/17
War for the Planet of the Apes
Plot: Caesar now leads a nation of genetically-modified apes. But when a human army, led by the ruthless Colonel, starts a war - it leads to staggering losses for the apes. As Caesar regroups, his darker instincts rise and his quest for vengeance will lead him face-to-face with the Colonel and the fate of both sides will be decided.

07/14/17
Wish Upon
Plot: After discovering a magic box that can grant seven wishes, a young girl begins to use it for her personal gain - unknowingly unleashing an evil that begins to kill those closest to her.

Wonder Woman was really good. Love seeing Chris Pine in another role other than Cap. Kirk.

I've always liked the Transformers. I watched the original cartoon series back in the late '80's. I did actually like the original film trilogy just fine (yes even Dark of the Moon).
If I'm being honest, the only reason I really went to see Age of Extinction was ~dinosaurs bots~. It was a pretty bad train wreck, though, all things considered. I'm actually going to refrain from going to see The Last Knight because most folks are saying it's an even ~worse~ train wreck than the last one. ugh

Weekend Box Office (July 14 - 16, 2017)

1 War for the Planet of the Apes $56,500,000.00
2 Spider-Man: Homecoming $45,200,000.00
3 Despicable Me 3 $18,900,000.00
4 Baby Driver $8,750,000.00
5 The Big Sick $7,600,000.00
6 Wonder Woman $6,885,000.00
7 Wish Upon (US only) $5,587,000.00
8 Cars 3 $3,167,000.00
9 Transformers: The Last Knight $2,780,000.00
10 The House $1,795,000.00

($$$) = I enjoyed it
($$) = I thought it was okay
($) = I disliked it

The Lego Batman Movie ($$$)
Beauty and the Beast ($$$)
Smurfs: The Lost Village ($$$)
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 ($$$)
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales ($$$)
Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie ($$$)
Wonder Woman ($$$)
Cars 3 ($$$)
Despicable Me 3 ($$)
Spider-Man: Homecoming ($$$)

If I'm being honest, the only reason I really went to see Age of Extinction was ~dinosaurs bots~. It was a pretty bad train wreck, though, all things considered. I'm actually going to refrain from going to see The Last Knight because most folks are saying it's an even ~worse~ train wreck than the last one. ugh

I thought people went because of Rainbow Dash's cameo.

Last edited:
Movies Coming Soon July 21st, 2017

07/21/17
Dunkirk (2017)
Plot: After landing at Dunkirk, France during the Battle of France in WWII, a group of Allied soldiers from Belgium, the British Empire, Canada and France find themselves surrounded by the German army. A fierce battle ensues, leading to one of the most daring and miraculous rescues of the war.

07/21/17
Girls Trip
Plot: Four life-long friends head to The Big Easy for the annual Essence Festival where sisterhood will be renewed while their wild sides are unleashed.

07/21/17
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
Plot: Valerian and Laureline are special agents of the human species, whose main goal is to maintain harmony and order across the universe. Investigating the every-expanding intergalactic city of Alpha (17 million inhabitants and expanding), all seems well but sinister forces seek to upset the balance and plunge the known universe into chaos.

I've always liked the Transformers. I watched the original cartoon series back in the late '80's. I did actually like the original film trilogy just fine (yes even Dark of the Moon).
My main problem with The Last Knight? We're on Earth far too much. We really should have been following what was going on with Optimus Prime. The stories there could have been fantastic but we don't get to see them at all. To me, that's the real tragedy here.

I'm going to need to see Spiderman: Homecoming, if only to take in Jorge Lendeborg Jr. He's apparently been cast in the Transformers Universe Bumblebee film and I want to see if he is a good choice for the male lead. (In case you are wondering: it's going to be Travis Knight, the director of Kubo and the Two Strings, who will direct the stand alone Bumblebee movie. Michael Bay won't.)

Weekend Box Office (July 21 - 23, 2017)

1 Dunkirk $50,500,000.00
2 Girls Trip $30,370,000.00
3 Spider-Man: Homecoming $22,000,000.00
4 War for the Planet of the Apes $20,400,000.00
5 Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets $17,019,000.00
6 Despicable Me 3 $12,710,000.00
7 Baby Driver $6,000,000.00
8 The Big Sick $5,000,000.00
9 Wonder Woman $4,630,000.00
10 Wish Upon (US only) $2,450,000.00

My main problem with The Last Knight? We're on Earth far too much. We really should have been following what was going on with Optimus Prime. The stories there could have been fantastic but we don't get to see them at all. To me, that's the real tragedy here.

I'm going to need to see Spiderman: Homecoming, if only to take in Jorge Lendeborg Jr. He's apparently been cast in the Transformers Universe Bumblebee film and I want to see if he is a good choice for the male lead. (In case you are wondering: it's going to be Travis Knight, the director of Kubo and the Two Strings, who will direct the stand alone Bumblebee movie. Michael Bay won't.)

I have to agree with you on this. It would be nice if they would go back out into space and pick up some different plot threads there instead of ~always~ falling back on the *all havoc must be wreaked on earth* mantra.

I didn't see Kubo & the Two Strings, but I hear it got some pretty good reviews.

My own personal opinion that not everyone might agree with:
Seriously, someone needs to make the decision to give Michael Bay his walking papers at this point. If they really want to continue this franchise as a movie series, they need to bring in some new blood. Someone who can actually write something coherent instead of just stringing endless metal-shredding fights and explosions together over top of a bare bones plot. ugh

Movies Coming Soon July 28th, 2017

07/28/17
Atomic Blonde
Plot: MI6 Agent Lorraine Broughton is as beautiful as she is deadly. At the height of the Cold War another agent is found dead in Berlin. Broughton must join forces with an embedded station chief David Percival in order to smuggle out a priceless dossier.

07/28/17
The Emoji Movie
Plot: Deep within each smartphone the emojis live their lives in the messaging app city of Textopolis. Each emoji has their set face, hoping to get chosen by the user - even emoji, except Gene. With no filter, Gene is able to express multiple emotions - and feels like an outcast because of it. Hoping to fix his broken code, he enlist the help of his friend Hi-5 and the more nefarious Jailbreaker as they set off on adventure across multiple apps to see if they can fix his problem. When a larger danger threatens to shut down the phone for good, the three will have to figure out how to make things right before everything is lost.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom