• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Movie Box Office, Releases, and Discussion

Movies Coming Soon May 3rd, 2019

05/03/19
The Intruder
Plot: After moving into a beautiful new home in Napa Valley, a couple realize the previous owner is not about to let the property go without a fight.

05/03/19
Long Shot
Plot: Fred Flarsky is a talented journalist and all-around free spirit who finds himself caught up in a whirlwind relationship with one of the most influential woman in the world, Charlotte Field, his one-time babysitter and unrequited crush. Now running for president, Field hires him as her speechwriter, but his endearing charm soon leads to something more - but the more the sparks fly, the more dangerous things get.

05/03/19
UglyDolls
Plot: All toys are not created equal, and those that are just a little different find themselves on the outside looking in. But the UglyDolls know there is someone out there for them and come up with a plan to break into the real world and find owners as unique as they are. First, they must survive Perfection, a place where everyone is beautiful - if they can convince Perfection to accept them, maybe they can finally find a home.

Weekend Box Office (May 3 - 5, 2019)

1 Avengers: Endgame $145,804,000.00
2 The Intruder $11,000,000.00
3 Long Shot $10,025,000.00
4 Uglydolls $8,510,000.00
5 Captain Marvel $4,276,000.00
6 Breakthrough $3,948,000.00
7 The Curse of La Llorona $3,500,000.00
8 Shazam $2,450,000.00
9 Little $1,470,000.00
10 Dumbo $1,433,000.00

Movies Coming Soon May 10th, 2019

05/10/19
The Hustle
Plot: A remake of "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" that finds two competitive, but on-the-outs, con artists taking part in a new hustle - with the caveat that the loser of said contest will leave town.

05/10/19
Pokémon Detective Pikachu
Plot: The world of Pokémon is usually based on people capturing and battling each other for supremacy, but one Pokémon wants to stand out from the crowd, to be something more... to be a detective. Luckily for him, he comes across the only human who can understand him, and teams up to improve both their lots in life.

05/10/19
Poms
Plot: You're never too old to "bring it" as a group of women in a retirement community are about to prove when they form a cheer leading squad.

05/10/19
Tolkien
Plot: Explores the formative years of J.R.R. Tolkien, an orphaned author who finds kindred spirits in a group of outcasts at his school. During this friendship, WWI threatens to tear this fellowship apart - and serves as inspiration for what will become the fantasy masterpiece of his Middle-Earth saga.

I've been seeing a lot of advertisements for Tolkien and I definitely want to see it. Similarly with Detective Pikachu there have been a lot of adverts, understandable of course, though I'm not sure if I want to see it (especially since I'm not a big fan of Pikachu). But if I do see it, I might wait a bit after the tenth since I know my brother wants to see it, and I wouldn't mind seeing Bulbasaur, Snubbull, Growlithe/Arcanine, Rufflet/Braviary, and Bouffalant on the big screen, even if they don't have major roles (from what I've read so far).

Pass on Poms as I've never heard of it until now. Not sure on The Hustle, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels was okay but I'm not sure I'd be entertained with the remake (besides, I liked Bedtime Story more anyway which Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is a remake of).

Pass on all of them in the cinema (Det. Pikachu's a pass only because I have no desire to deal with a room full of screaming children. I'll definitely watch it on OnDemand when it comes out th0). I heard JRR Tolkien's family took issue with the movie's portrayal of him so I probably won't watch that one. Poms looks dumb, and The Hustle looks even dumber (plus it has that one actress in it that I can't stand, and whose name I can't be arsed to remember).

Weekend Box Office (May 10 - 12, 2019)

1 Avengers: Endgame $63,054,000.00
2 Pokemon Detective Pikachu $58,000,000.00
3 The Hustle $13,536,000.00
4 The Intruder $6,600,000.00
5 Long Shot $6,125,000.00
6 Poms $5,100,000.00
7 Uglydolls $4,000,000.00
8 Breakthrough $2,466,000.00
9 Tolkien $2,153,000.00
10 Captain Marvel $1,813,000.00

Movies I've seen in theaters this year...

A: Enjoyed it so much I plan to own it on Blu-Ray.
B: Liked it, but not enough to own.
C: Thought it was okay.
D: Didn't like it.

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part (A)

Happy Death Day 2U (B)

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (A)

Captain Marvel (A)

Dumbo (C)

Shazam! (A)

Missing Link (B)

Avengers: Endgame (A)

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu (A)

Movies Coming Soon May 17th, 2019

05/17/19
A Dog's Journey
Plot: Following A Dog's Purpose, we once again follow Bailey, still on a journey to find as he connects with several families as he soul travels from dog to dog, searching for the one he was meant to be with.

05/17/19
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum
Plot: John Wick has been declared excommunicado after executing a member of the international assassin's guild - a member of the High Table. With no friends to turn to, and a $14 million bounty on his head, Wick faces the most daunting task of his life: to survive.

05/17/19
The Sun is Also a Star
Plot: Natasha Kingsley has just learned her family is going to be deported and love is the last thing on her mind with just 24 hours left in New York. But when Charles Melton saves her life, an instant connection is formed and he vows to get her to fall in love with him - even with just a day to prove it.

Saw Detective Pikachu yesterday morning on my day off with my brother after all, surprisingly the showing we went to didn't have a lot of people (just my brother and I, an older gentleman, and a woman with her two kids). It was okay, kept my interest longer than I thought it would at least.

I might see A Dog's Journey, though I don't know if I'll find it better/just as good as the first. Pass on the other two though, I thought the first John Wick was pretty good but didn't bother with the sequel, and I've never heard of the last movie and it doesn't interest me at all going by the summary.

Weekend Box Office (May 17 - 19, 2019)

1 John Wick: Chapter 3 $57,025,000.00
2 Avengers: Endgame $29,411,000.00
3 Pokemon Detective Pikachu $24,815,000.00
4 A Dog's Journey $8,000,000.00
5 The Hustle $6,081,000.00
6 The Intruder $4,025,000.00
7 Long Shot $3,400,000.00
8 The Sun Is Also a Star $2,600,000.00
9 Poms $2,090,000.00
10 Uglydolls $1,600,000.00

Movies Coming Soon May 24th, 2019

05/24/19
Aladdin
Plot: A street urchin finds himself with unlimited possibilities when he comes across a magic lamp that houses a genie that will grant him three wishes. He is determined to become a prince to win the hand of Princess Jasmine, but the king's evil vizier Jafar has nefarious plans as he schemes to make the genie his own.

05/24/19
Booksmart
Plot: Two high school best friends realize they have spent their school lives on academics rather than fun. Thus they make a pact to let loose and see what they have been missing - by cramming four years of fun into one unforgettable night.

05/24/19
Brightburn
Plot: A childless couple think they have had their prayers answered when a ship crash-lands from a distant planet and they take care of the child inside. But this dream turns into a nightmare when he develops spectacular powers - and uses them for pure evil.

Aladdin seems like it'll be bad. All of its song renditions so far have been shit. I'm kind of biased against most of these live-action remakes, given how all but Cinderella have been bad, but this one looks really bad. (Aside from its aesthetic, which is kind of nice. Props to the props.)

The other two look pretty bad, but more because they're incredibly generic. I looked up their plots and I was able to predict everything. Maaaybe the execution will be good? But I don't care enough about the premises to even bother watching.

Some of the advertisements I've seen for the Aladdin remake look like the actors didn't even really care/put too much emotion into their scenes lol. Also I can't get into Will Smith as the genie, most of it is cause I liked Robin Williams more as the genie in the original as he really made that role and was perfect for it, but Will Smith is just... Will Smith. He's, imo, a mediocre actor, this feeling is also biased since I don't really like him much, but I find his acting bland. Pass on this one.

Pass on the other two as well. Brightburn I might watch whenever it comes out on TV, and for Booksmart same. I liked Kaitlyn Dever in the Last Man Standing TV show, but sadly I don't know if I'll like her film.

Booksmart looks like just another scraping the bottom of the barrel "comedy." Nothx.

As for Brightburn I'm sure it is predictable as hell, like Karamazov said, but I am a sucker for shitty "horror" movies (although I dunno if this really even counts as horror). Still not enough to get me into the cinema but if I remember I'll watch it on OnDemand.

Weekend Box Office (May 24 - 27, 2019)

1 Aladdin $112,700,000.00
2 John Wick: Chapter 3 $31,000,000.00
3 Avengers: Endgame $22,300,000.00
4 Pokemon Detective Pikachu $17,275,000.00
5 Brightburn $9,500,000.00
5 Booksmart $8,690,000.00
7 A Dog's Journey $5,520,000.00
8 The Hustle $4,787,554.00
9 The Intruder $2,925,000.00
10 Long Shot $2,100,000.00

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom