• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: Moving completed fics to the Archive: Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayi Rowling

*rules with cotton fist*
Reaction score
Hello, fellow readers and writers :)

In this topic, you can place requests to move a completed fanfic over to the Archive.

Mods will be keeping watch of requests here :)

Last edited by a moderator:
^^
Continuing on that, what of longer fics, such as Tarnished Gold? (which I'm using as an example, because I know it's way too dark/mature to be in the Archives)

Do one shots belong in the archive?

Perhaps there should be a subsubforum for one shots? Or is that too meta?
I personally believe that one-shots belong to the Archive once they become old enough. If it's over a month since it was first published, I guess everyone has seen it and it has had a nice life at the main forum, so it can pass on to be acknowledged as an Archived Fanfic.

Sooo... want to place a request? :)

^^
Continuing on that, what of longer fics, such as Tarnished Gold?
Ah... there's a rule against R-rated adult stuff. I'll have to ask.

Last edited:
Yes, I'd like to place a request:

I'd like for PokeTV to be Archived, because it's done and dead.

EDIT: Also, I kind of acknowledged Tarnished Gold will never be archived.

Yes, I'd like to place a request:

I'd like for PokeTV to be Archived, because it's done and dead.

EDIT: Also, I kind of acknowledged Tarnished Gold will never be archived.
Is Tarnished Gold truly that adult? I only told you that because I was concerned of the high rating...

And OK, will do :)

^^
Yeah. Part two of Chapter two has a part where I vauguely describe Cynthia masturbating, and go into detail about how she makes children 'dissapear'. So, yeah, it can't be Archived.

Perhaps we should have an "Adult Archives" section for those adult-rated fics that can't go into the regular archive because of 18-to-19-ness? (That is, NC-17, but I think it's more like NC-18.)

It would make a nice place to stay out of for the little kids.

Perhaps we should have an "Adult Archives" section for those adult-rated fics that can't go into the regular archive because of 18-to-19-ness? (That is, NC-17, but I think it's more like NC-18.)

It would make a nice place to stay out of for the little kids.
^^
But it would only apply to my fic, dude. I've got the only NC-17-rated fic here!
Precisely this might be the reason why there's no such an Archive.

However, I don't see why the rule couldn't be expanded to include them. I mean, we allow Tarnished Gold to survive in the normal board in the first place, why not in the Archive?

However, I don't see why the rule couldn't be expanded to include them. I mean, we allow Tarnished Gold to survive in the normal board in the first place, why not in the Archive?

Wait, does this mean there's a chance that if the fic crosses any moral lines, it could just dissapear?

Can fics still recieve fanfic noms in they are in the archive?
I don't know if we're going to force a time limit for the nominated fics (as in "must have been published between June/July and the nominations' month"). I'll suggest you to keep an eye out for all the Awards' topics :)

I am just wondering, because my story "A Lover's Tiff" finished after the last awards but before these ones, and I'd like it to be in the running for a shipping fic nomination as it hasn't recieved an award yet

I am just wondering, because my story "A Lover's Tiff" finished after the last awards but before these ones, and I'd like it to be in the running for a shipping fic nomination as it hasn't recieved an award yet

I think the rules say that any fic that's already been completed isn't able to go into the awards, but I don't know.

Thank you, Flame Haze. I was online, you know?

Last time I heard anything on the Fic Awards was probably mid-August, and the consensus was that, as long as their finishing period was after the end of the nominations/voting, they could participate if they didn't before or in a category they didn't get into before.

If it finished between the two sets of awards - it's still eligible for this set of awards.

Also, I hate this idea of mature stuff being banned. This is supposed to be an uncensored Workshop. If we allow mature stuff in the main Workshop, it should be allowed in the Archives too - it's only fair.

An Adults Archive is just about the most terrible idea I've ever heard. If the fics are tagged 'Mature' or something similar, which I believe they are currently required to be then why would putting them in an Adults Archive make any difference? The only real difference is that unsuitable material would be easier to find.

Anyway, I'd like to make a request for Two's Company and Roots to be moved to the Archives. You can find links to both in my signature, don't bother archiving my other stuff, they're not really worth it.

I've been bogged down by high school, so I've been unable to complete move requests. Now that Kayi is on staff, moving fics will likely be a significantly easier process.

I apologize for being unable to work on this stuff in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom