• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moving Pokemon Dream Radar to Spin Off Games?

bradfordly

Reaction score
I just wanted to ask if this can be changed and it can only be edited by a admin it seems. Under Generation V it lists Pokémon Dream Radar as a "side game" I feel like it shouldn't as the game doesn't follow the mechanics of the Core Series games. If you look at for example, Generation III the side games are Pokémon Colosseum, Pokémon XD Gale of Darkness, and Pokémon Box Ruby and Sapphire. All of them follow/connect with the Core Series main games and don't derive from the mechanics. Dream Radar is more like a spin off in my eyes, yes it connects with Black 2 and White 2, however similar to Pokémon Go, it doesn't follow the conventional mechanics of the Core Series games. So in conclusion I think Pokémon Dream Radar should be moved from Side Series to the Spin off Series of games.

Template:Side series - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
Generation V - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

I know this is a total nit pick thing and it doesn't matter that much, I just have OCD and I enjoy ranking things haha.

@bradfordly i moved your thread over to the Bulbawiki Section since it relates to Bulbapedia ;)

Though i will say that the dream Radar is more of a side game due to what it was intended to do as opposed to the creators wanting to make a unique twist of pokemon. It's not like Pokémon puzzle league, Pokémon Snap, or Pokémon Mystery dungeon as all off those are their own separate things. Dream Radar's main purpose was to give players access to more Hidden ability Pokémon namely the legendary Pokémon that were unobtainable prior. The connectivity to the main series is one of the factors that defines side games.

@bradfordly i moved your thread over to the Bulbawiki Section since it relates to Bulbapedia ;)

Though i will say that the dream Radar is more of a side game due to what it was intended to do as opposed to the creators wanting to make a unique twist of pokemon. It's not like Pokémon puzzle league, Pokémon Snap, or Pokémon Mystery dungeon as all off those are their own separate things. Dream Radar's main purpose was to give players access to more Hidden ability Pokémon namely the legendary Pokémon that were unobtainable prior. The connectivity to the main series is one of the factors that defines side games.
I guess the main intention of the game is to transfer Pokemon to Black 2 and White 2. I guess my mind doesn't like the idea that in the game you capture Pokemon in a non conventional way and doesn't use any of the Core series mechanics. Also I'm pretty sure you can't transfer the Pokémon from Black 2/White2 back to the Dream Radar? It's like calling Pokémon GO a side game now because you can transfer Pokémon from that game to the new Let's Go games. But then again that's it's own separate game as well.

And thank you for moving it. This was my first post.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom