• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mr. Mime belongs to Ash according to the official twitter?

Ash has caught Pokemon off screen before. He did that with Lapras if I recall.

I think he means that Ash wasn't actually shown catching Lapras in that episode, as in we never saw Ash use a Poke Ball to snag it.
Not even remotely the same as Ash flat out said that he caught it in the same episode even if the capture happened offscreen. Plus Lapras was actually used in his party as an active member. You can’t even compare it to a reserve because when it came to his reserves like Muk and Kingler, Ash has actually used them when he needed them. People have gotta stop excusing and trying to justify bad writing. If you make a statement and can’t back it up with proof, especially in a series with over 20 years of continuous story, you’re just making it up to cover your own ass plain and simple and deserved to be called on it.

Not even remotely the same as Ash flat out said that he caught it in the same episode even if the capture happened offscreen. Plus Lapras was actually used in his party as an active member. You can’t even compare it to a reserve because when it came to his reserves like Muk and Kingler, Ash has actually used them when he needed them. People have gotta stop excusing and trying to justify bad writing. If you make a statement and can’t back it up with proof, especially in a series with over 20 years of continuous story, you’re just making it up to cover your own ass plain and simple and deserved to be called on it.

Idk why you're quoting me and telling me this; all I did was clarify what Greninjaman said. I wasn't co-signing or necessarily agreeing with his argument. :x

Sorry for reacting on an old topic, but it seems the best place to ask my question.

Could the confusion if Mimey is Ash's Pokémon or not be brought back to a joke?

The oldest indication Mimey was a Pokémon of Ash I found was in the Pokémon Sunday episode 297 (27-06-2010 in the DP era). The hosts of the show each decide to predict which Pokémon Ash should use on his team for the upcoming Sinnoh League.

The trio of Robert (a comedy group) chose a team of Pikachu, Gible, Muk, Bayleef, Kingler and Mimey. However, I didn't found the episode (yet), but I did found screenshots of the episode confirming this team and the reason why they chose 3 of those Pokémon. Pikachu because he has a special talent: It's face it made of rubber and it can change its shape to confuse its competitors. Gibble because he has proven himself strong by eating TRio's Mecha (and the thought he could master Draco Meteor). And Muk because he was strong and because he stinks meaning no one can stand the smell of it.

I don't know why they chose Bayleef, Kingler and Mimey, but maybe it just was for fun. A joke which became kind of canon over time.

I don't know. What are your thoughts?

I guess it's commonly thought as Satoshi's pokémon in Japan since:

He wanted to catch it at the beginning of the episode.
His mother was not a trainer and had no monster balls.
We never got a confirmation whether it's catched or not.

That skit with Robert only proves that people were thinking it as Satoshi's pokémon even back then in 2010 and it's not a new change.

I guess it's commonly thought as Satoshi's pokémon in Japan since:

He wanted to catch it at the beginning of the episode.
His mother was not a trainer and had no monster balls.
We never got a confirmation whether it's catched or not.

That skit with Robert only proves that people were thinking it as Satoshi's pokémon even back then in 2010 and it's not a new change.

I don't know. I knew Japan considered Mimey as a Pokémon obtained by Ash from at least around 2012-2013 because of the website with this minigame about Ash's Pokémon. Now I've found an even earlier indication (2010).

Based on the screenshots my guess is the Robert trio put Mimey in their Ash Sinnoh League team because it's good at cleaning and housekeeping. :p It's as good as a reason if any other. If they realy considered Mimey as a Pokémon from Ash or were only joking, I can't tell from the screenshots. But at least this is the most early indication I found about Mimey's status as a possible Pokémon from Ash. I'm curious if even older examples are out there.

Maybe Delilah gave Mimey to Ash by passing him its pokeball. We’ve seen Pokemon gifted or transferred this way without the official trade machine, like Princess Salvia gifting her Togekiss to Dawn. Perhaps off screen Ash developed some rudimentary connection with Mimey during one of his return trips to Pallet Town, as we don’t see everything that happens.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom