• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Muk vs. Weezing

Reaction score
Presenting...Muk and Weezing!
Spr_1b_089.png
Spr_2g_089.png
Spr_3r_089.png
Spr_4d_089.png
Spr_5b_089.png

Spr_1b_110.png
Spr_2g_110.png
Spr_3r_110.png
Spr_4d_110.png
Spr_4h_110.png
At first glance, these Pokemon seems to have nothing in common, except their purple colour. And their Poison-type. And their Indeterminate Egg Group. And can learn Sludge. OK, maybe these Pokemon has many things in common. But anyway, I had noticed quite a lot of similarities between the two. List time!

• Pure Poison-type
  • Has two members in the evolutionary line
  • Purple colour
  • Indeterminate Egg Group
  • Middle-Fast Experience Group
  • Knows how to Stockpile and either Spit or Swallow the storage (A late addition in Weezing's case, actually)
  • Has parting gifts in the form of Explosion and Memento
  • Similar Special movepool, being able to learn Fire and Electric Special attacks.
(And these are some of the more obvious ones, actually)

Of course, they have their differences, but it's very easy to mention their differences, so you can mention those on your own.

Personally, I am spoilt for both, but I have to choose only one, I am inclined to choose Weezing, because the gas ball has some interesting support moves to take advantage of, namely Clear Smog, Destiny Bond and Pain Split. Having Levitate does help in survivability, as with Stockpile. Also, a gas ball seems like a more interesting idea than a living sludge.

I may have mentioned the advantages for Weezing, but Muk has his/her own advantages as well. Muk has more defensive support moves, like Stockpile, Pain Split, Disable, and more importantly Minimise. Also, Muk is a good Curse user, thanks to Sticky Hold (no Tricks on him/her!), and has good Attack power as well, so it's useful for Gunk Shot and some Physical attacks like the elemental punches and Brick Break.

So, who will you choose, and why?

Thanks for reading.

I like Muk. It's a freakin pile of purple sludge. And it can fight. It's just... kinda awesome.

I never liked Weezing much.

I prefer the huge pile of crap. Literally, it's crap, but it doesn't battle like one (?) Ok the point is that Muk is awesome. I choose Muk.

Weezing. Its pure awesomeness. Good design, awesome cry, etc.

I've always liked Muk, because of its 100 base attack stat, and its design.

I prefer Muk. Its movepool is pretty good and its stats are also good.

I choose Muk. It's a great battler, and its design has always somehow appealed to me. Oddly so.

I like both a lot, but Muk has a slightly better design I think and would probably win in a battle, assuming Weezing didn't just explode.

Weezing is who I choose. It's design is simple, yet perfect for it's typing. It's also a lovely physical defender with decent attacking stats and moves to help it both defend and attack.

I find Muk's design to be too plain for my tastes. It's just sludge.

They're both cool, so I can't choose. I haven't got a chance to use them competitively yet, so whoever's better at that will probably be my favorite.

Who doesn't like a big, squishy pile of sludge that can fight? I vote for Muk.

Presenting...Muk and Weezing!
Spr_1b_089.png
Spr_2g_089.png
Spr_3r_089.png
Spr_4d_089.png
Spr_5b_089.png

Spr_1b_110.png
Spr_2g_110.png
Spr_3r_110.png
Spr_4d_110.png
Spr_4h_110.png
At first glance, these Pokemon seems to have nothing in common, except their purple colour. And their Poison-type. And their Indeterminate Egg Group. And can learn Sludge. OK, maybe these Pokemon has many things in common. But anyway, I had noticed quite a lot of similarities between the two. List time!

• Pure Poison-type
  • Has two members in the evolutionary line
  • Purple colour
  • Indeterminate Egg Group
  • Middle-Fast Experience Group
  • Knows how to Stockpile and either Spit or Swallow the storage (A late addition in Weezing's case, actually)
  • Has parting gifts in the form of Explosion and Memento
  • Similar Special movepool, being able to learn Fire and Electric Special attacks.
(And these are some of the more obvious ones, actually)

Of course, they have their differences, but it's very easy to mention their differences, so you can mention those on your own.

Personally, I am spoilt for both, but I have to choose only one, I am inclined to choose Weezing, because the gas ball has some interesting support moves to take advantage of, namely Clear Smog, Destiny Bond and Pain Split. Having Levitate does help in survivability, as with Stockpile. Also, a gas ball seems like a more interesting idea than a living sludge.

I may have mentioned the advantages for Weezing, but Muk has his/her own advantages as well. Muk has more defensive support moves, like Stockpile, Pain Split, Disable, and more importantly Minimise. Also, Muk is a good Curse user, thanks to Sticky Hold (no Tricks on him/her!), and has good Attack power as well, so it's useful for Gunk Shot and some Physical attacks like the elemental punches and Brick Break.

So, who will you choose, and why?

Thanks for reading.

I go with Weezing I love them

Muk is an ugly abomination that should be destroyed...OK, its not terrible, but still.

Weezing actually looks cool.

Now, if the epic Swalot was on this poll, I would vote for it over these two.

Muk. It's flipping you off yelling "F*** YEAH!!!!" while Weezing looks like it's complaining to it's conjoined twin.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom