• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Multimedia Forum Info thread and FAQ.

Cferra

Superhero!!
Reaction score
Welcome to the Multimedia forum! Here you will be able to download cursors, animated cursors, Pokébuddies and wallpapers. We also accept submissions too so feel free to show off any work you have. Here's a bit of an introduction to some of the multimedia cover. We are also looking for other types of multimedia as well.

1.) Icons:

Icons are typically 32 by 32 pixels and can be used on the desktop. Most of them are here already and at my site. They can be saved as .ico files or .gif. They can also be used in icon library files as well.

2.) Cursors:

The cursors serve as an alternative to the Windows Busy and Working in background animations. They, like the icons are made using cursor editor programs such as Microangelo.

3.) Pokebuddies:

Pokebuddies or Pokemon Buddies are interactive Pokémon that can be placed on your desktop. They run around and can be set to chase the mouse, run away from the mouse, move randomly, pace around the desktop, or run around the desktop. They also do things like sleep and do other tricks. They run using a program called Neko98. Running Pokemon Buddies (using Neko) To run Neko, just double click on the "Neko98" icon. Running Neko a second time will close Neko, removing him from your now dull, boring desktop.

To create Pokebuddies, just create an icon library (.icl) of 32 icons. Two frames of animation going in each direction, idle animation and animations for when the Pokebuddie reaches the end of the screen. Icon library files must be in the same folder as the Neko98 program.

Pokebuddies should work for all Windows operating systems.

While all three appear to need Microangelo, any icon/cursor editor can be used.

4.) Wallpapers

Wallpapers are used as a background to the desktop. Any jpg file can be used and submissions for this or any other fanwork would be appreciated.

If I missed any Multimedia, please reply and we can discuss it being in the FAQ. We are looking for all kinds of submissions. Help in all areas would be greatly appreciated as well as any ideas people may have. If you have questions, please ask.

L_X

Avatars too are included, ya. I forgot to add those. Sorry. =D

Had a feeling of that. ^^;

You have a particular favorite size for avatars?

Edit: How about screensavers? Or themes of any type [winamp, winxp, etc.]?

Desktop themes? Haven't made desktop themes in years! Yes! Those could work. Do you know how to make them? Screensavers and winamp skins would be good too! It's all good. Any submissions you have would be great!

LX

I've got over a thousand 90 x 90 pixel mug shots I made for my site of almost every Marvel character I've had in a comic. They're kinda small for avatars, but I could always expand them, and they're definitely too big for icons...but I could always re-shrink them. Some look BETTER smaller. But I think I may start making icons and avatars of the new mugs I scan. Would be an interesting project.

I believe some clarification is needed. Is this a Pokémon-only forum, or is it open to other series? I am in strongly in favor of the former (this IS a Pokémon site, after all).

It'll mostly be Pokemon related for now. We'll see about the other genres. The Marvel avatars are kind of interesting! I'll have to think about putting those elsewhere.

LX

Back
Top Bottom