• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Musashi's Pokémon Reviews!

Musashi

Clap Clap
Reaction score
[video=youtube;CZvFV0iAw7I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZvFV0iAw7I[/video]

So I started a new web series for Bulbagarden called Musashi's Pokémon Reviews. In the first few episodes I'll be playing the newest Mystery Dungeon Game, but future episodes I'll cover merchandise and the anime.

It's my first try at a web series and I'm hoping to do a non Pokémon one too, so I appreciate any comments and suggestions.

I don't know very well about this matter, but for a review, I suggest a little more comments while you're playing like; you liked this to happen, you're hoping this topic to be expanded further in the storyline (humans only in fairy tales comes to mind), you think this was too easy or difficult, this character has or has not a well-defined personality, etc. That aside, I liked your video overall.

This is not a review, it's a let's play. A review is where you criticize a game, talk about it's strong and weak points, what it could have done better, and give it an overall rating in the end. Yes you should show some gameplay footage in a review, but when you straight up play the game and commentate over it that's called a let's play. Not that there's anything wrong with let's plays.

When I finish the demo I'm planning to review more what I thought.

That's cool, but the video that you posted is a let's play.

Just because the series is titled "Musashi's Pokémon Review" doesn't mean every video in the series has to be an actual review. (Though I can understand why some people might find it confusing that the first video in the series is not what they'd expect a review to be)

Especially if it's part of a larger coverage (in this case, a multi-part play through AND a review of the game).

Oh okay, so it's a let's play followed by a review then.

Yep. Only cut up into multiple videos because it would potentially have gotten very long.

Okay, now that we've established what it is she is asking suggestions for I will try to offer a suggestion. You need to talk more. People are watching your let's play so they can see what you have to say about the game. Some people even use let's plays as a way to have something on screen when they talk about other subjects, but I know that you will be doing a review of this game so commenting on the game would probably be better. If you can't think of anything to say then try to relate it to other games or give your opinion on what is happening.

My only other suggestion would be to change the title, since the current one is a bit misleading.

Sorry for the delay, but episode two is now up! As you can see, I was hoping it would only take a week, not a month. XD

[video=youtube_share;NfcNCLEEklo]http://youtu.be/NfcNCLEEklo[/video]

I took people's advice and edited the first video so it would be more clear that it was a Let's Play.

Obviously I still have more to work on like facial expressions and enunciating words better, but hopefully you guys will enjoy this style. Not sure when my next video will be, but I appreciate all the feedback I'm given.

Back
Top Bottom