• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Music Battle: Evil Team Leader Themes

Oblivion

Yes hello I still exist.
Reaction score
Exactly what the title says. I'm not counting Generation I, 'cause Team Rocket didn't have a special battle theme back then. I'm also using the regular Team Rocket Battle Theme for Generations II and IV due to that being the music when you faced Archer, as well as Giovanni in the event battle of the remake.

Oh, and here are the themes themselves.

Generation II: Team Rocket Battle Theme
Generation III: Team Aqua/Magma Leader Battle Theme
Generation IV: Cyrus Battle Theme
Generation IV: HeartGold/SoulSilver Team Rocket Battle Theme
Generation V: Geechisu Battle Theme

My personal favorite would have to be the Cyrus theme. It just gives off this feeling that this guy is going to destroy the entire freakin' world unless you stop him. It's also fittingly eerie, given his stoic and emotionless character. The Team Aqua/Magma Leader theme is a close second.

I vote Cyrus. Team Galactics music was the only music I really liked about Sinnoh

Second r the sexy team leaders Maxie and Archie theme song

CYRUS!!!!!!
His theme is just awesome and badass. It pwns the other themes IMO, and was my favorite battle theme in Sinnoh. (With Giratina's Theme being 2nd place.) You actually KNEW this guy meant business from his theme.
From there it's Team Magma/Aqua, then HGSS Team Rocket, and finally GSC Team Rocket.
(The Team Rocket theme kicks ass and all... but the theme doesn't fit the admins very well. =/)

Cyrus' theme, no doubt. Also, for the reasons Ombrare stated.

Geechisu's battle music just creeps the hell out of me...

No spin-off themes? I find Evice's theme very interesting myself.

I go with Aqua/Magma's theme. I always like listening to it, especially since I've replayed R/S/E lots of times. It never gets boring.
Second (surprisingly) comes Geechisu's theme. It's creepy, but it has the air of a final, decisive battle.

I just don't feel attached to Cyrus's theme for some reason...

I like Team Aqua/Magma theme the most. For some reason it also reminds me of Professor Laytons theme. My favourite part in it are the horns.

As for 2nd...probably Geechisu theme. Though I couldnt tell what they were chanting...sounded like 'Dennis'.

In my opinion:

Geechisu. DENNNISSS - Need I say more?
Team Aqua/Magma - Epic music.
Cyrus - Fun, eerie

I couldn't even tell Team Rocket had one, so they're dead last.

I really like Geechisu. He's the final boss and the music is epic. Creepy, but epic.

The HG/SS Team Rocket theme is so catchy so I voted for them (if wish they had a special theme for the admins but it's still good).

Cyrus JUST misses out on my vote.

Geechisu's theme is my favorite, because it is very different from anything that's been done before, and fits perfectly.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom