• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Music Battle: Trainer Battle Themes

Ranger Jack Walker

Not a Power Ranger
Reaction score
When 2 trainers eyes meet, they must battle.

Even if they only see your back...

Which is the best trainer battle theme?

Kanto:

Johto:

Hoenn:

Sinnoh:

Unova:

Orre:

If you find any theme that's missing, just tell me here. I'll add it to the list.

My favourite is without a doubt, the Friendly Battle Theme from Colosseum. The sheer quality of that theme left me speechless and I just stared at the screen while the music played. When the fisrt battle theme was this good, the game must be awesome.

And indeed it was.

EDIT:SHIT! I screwed up the poll. I forgot to add the SSBB version of the GSC theme and instead put the Friendly Battle theme from XD in there, even though its the same as the one from Colosseum.

Last edited:
Simulated Battle/XD: Gale of Darkness is my favorite, because the music sounds very good and sounds the most like battling music.

Hey, someone deleted my post. That's uncool. Anyway, my favourites are RSE, Fr/Lg (that one is super awesome), which are topped by the Colosseum normal battle (my favourite) and first battle. The battle sim is very cool too.

Burning Battlefield and Colosseum Friendly Battle, Colosseum Semi-Final Battle.

What can I say? I like my electric guitar for battle themes.

Simulated Battle(XD) is also pretty cool for its electronic beat.

My favourite one is Burning Battlefield because it just gets me pumped, especially those guitars.

The friendly battle theme from Pokémon Colosseum. It is just so good and I feel all excited when that theme starts playing. It is definitely my favorite.

The original from RGBY and the souped-up version from the anime are the best battle themes, with the HeartGold/SoulSilver versions close behind.

Best to worst:

1. XY
2. RBGY
3. GSC
4. BW
5. DPPt
6. RSE

I like XY trainer battle theme the most.

As much as I love the R/S/E soundtrack, I just can't help myself on this one; HG/SS Johto Trainer Battle theme it is. :)

Sinnoh sounds the most adventurous, although Unova is good, too.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom