• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Music you have fond memories of

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Everyone's got some! Whether it be an album that got you out of a rough spot, or a song you heard a lot growing up, or a band you loved once upon a time (that you're now a little embarrassed to admit you ever listened to)... what music elicits those fuzzy nostalgic feelings for you?

off the top of my head, when I was younger I listened to a lot of EDM (mostly trance, happy hardcore, eurodance, and... Skrillex) and while it's not what I really gravitate towards anymore, I still love it just because I remember being so captivated by it at the time. I feel the same way about a lot of alt rock and mainstream pop from that time, as well as a ton of early Vocaloid music.

Linkin Park was huge for me for a long time. Say what you will about them, and I definitely don’t listen to them as much as I used to, but I was OBSESSED. Lyrically they spoke to me and the things I was going through more than anything else, and musically speaking the density of their productions and the way they spliced genres was mind-blowing. They were a gateway to a lot of music for me, not only as a listener, but as a musician as well. I’m really glad to I got to see them live while Chester was still with us. I owe a lot to them.

Sadly Mike Shinoda is a huge NFT bro now. Ugh.

I listened to a lot of EDM (mostly trance, happy hardcore, eurodance, and... Skrillex)
omg me LMAOOO this and also lots and looooots of old vocaloid music. In my defense I just listened to whatever kids who roamed the internet my age listened to. That and to this day like 8939349348384383 Touhou circles, including good old IOSYS and Eastnewsound. I don't think I kept track of tooooo many bands back then, just songs I liked, but I remember I listened pretty consistently to Twenty One Pilots, Panic at the Disco, Hollywood Undead, and Rise Against.

And lots and lots of music from anime I liked.

I still go nutty for EDM though, t+pazolite and Ice are soooo good.

• Staff
In my defense I just listened to whatever kids who roamed the internet my age listened to.
I don't think I kept track of tooooo many bands back then, just songs I liked
This sums it up pretty concisely for me too. Not my fault if I only found music through AMVs and whatever else was inescapable on the internet at the time...

Hold on I LOVE t+pazolite. For a few years literally all I ever listened to was Hardcore Tano*C. I wanna go back LOL

Linkin Park was huge for me for a long time. Say what you will about them, and I definitely don’t listen to them as much as I used to, but I was OBSESSED.
I actually almost namedropped Linkin Park in my initial post! I echo a lot of the same sentiments you have about them, but you said it better than I ever could.

(On a sort-of related note, since I personally listened to them both a ton around the same time — I actually feel very similarly about Evanescence. While their recent stuff... isn't great, I still love Fallen and I would be remiss to not acknowledge just how much their music meant to me back then.)

Sadly Mike Shinoda is a huge NFT bro now. Ugh.
Wait, seriously??!! Noooo... :bulbaFacepalm::bulbaFacepalm::bulbaFacepalm:

This sums it up pretty concisely for me too. Not my fault if I only found music through AMVs and whatever else was inescapable on the internet at the time...
RIGHT?? SO TRUE... a lot of the music I discovered was because I used to be a pretty avid artist on a little known program for the DSi called Flipnote Hatena, and everyone putting different music in their animations. Other than that I roamed vocaloid memes and songs and got into touhou doujin circles.
Hold on I LOVE t+pazolite. For a few years literally all I ever listened to was Hardcore Tano*C. I wanna go back LOL
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO I also love Team Grimoire!! Hardcore Tano*C was sooo good. I'm nostalgic. S3rl even made some bangers back then LOL..

I actually almost namedropped Linkin Park in my initial post!
I loved linkin park as a kid but UNPOPULAR OPINION...as I got older I enjoyed Linkin park's newer stuff more than their old style (I guess cause the newer stuff was more electronic and I'm all about that) such as The Light That Never Comes and Burning It Down.

I loved linkin park as a kid but UNPOPULAR OPINION...as I got older I enjoyed Linkin park's newer stuff more than their old style (I guess cause the newer stuff was more electronic and I'm all about that) such as The Light That Never Comes and Burning It Down.
Absolutely valid opinion. Was never one to hate on the newer stuff. In fact these days if I feel compelled to listen to them I usually reach for the One More Light album as it’s closest to my current music taste.

porter robinson's worlds is an album that i practically grew up with, every song on there speaks to me and expresses emotions i can't describe, not to mention that it's incredibly nostalgic for me. yorushika is also a j-rock band that i found when i was in a dark place mentally and it helped me get through a rough time.

"The House That Built Me" by Miranda Lambert was probably the first song that ever really resonated with me. I've mentioned a few times that I moved from Arizona to Minnesota when I was pretty young, and even though I don't remember much about Arizona, it took me a long time to really move on from the homesickness of making that move-- this song definitely came out before I really did, so even though the lyrics didn't quite match my exact story, having a song that felt like it kinda described how I was feeling... it felt really special to me.

"Mama's Broken Heart" by Miranda Lambert and "Girl In a Country Song" by Maddie & Tae-- When I first heard both of these songs, I could never quite figure out exactly what about them seemed to set them apart from everything else on the radio. Regardless, they were both favorites of mine for quite a significant period of time, so they both have a pretty important place in my heart.
(Years later, it's really quite obvious what set them apart.)

"I Drive Your Truck", "Drink A Beer", and "I Go Back". These songs are by Lee Brice, Luke Bryan, and Kenny Chesney respectively.
Each of these songs are songs about the death of a friend. I don't actually have a friend that's died, so like the above two songs it took me awhile to pinpoint why these songs in particular stuck with me. They're also all by artists who are assoiciated to an extent with the bro-country movement (or at least two of them are, I honestly don't know nor care if Kenny Chesney is considered a bro-country singer but for the purposes of younger-me's take on these songs in comparison to other stuff of his I'd heard he definitely is). I think hearing songs by those artists that actually had some sort of substance to its subject matter instead of "girls, trucks, and beer" (though at least one of the latter two is present in each of the songs in question), I don't know how to put it, but it definitely meant something.

Lil Uzi Vert - Eternal Atake (and the deluxe)
This album reminds me of last summer, when I went to Temecula, it also vaguely reminds me of my first big crush. One of the most nostalgic albums for me. (most nostalgic songs are Myron, Baby Pluto, Lo Mein, and Bean)

Tyler The Creator - Igor
Reminds me of my chaotic family reunion in Lake Tahoe last summer, laying in a 90+ degree rental home bedroom at midnight playing this album. (most nostalgic songs are New Magic Wand, Earfquake, and Whats Good)

Frank Ocean - Blonde
Reminds me of good (and bad) times at school and all of my friends (most nostalgic songs are Nights, Bad Religion, Godspeed, and White Ferrari)

Theres lots more but thats all for now

you like edm too??? man every time i meet a fellow edm fan im like "i finally feel less alone in liking this genre ;_;"

but anYWAY

a big childhood music of mine, was Bring Me to Life - Evanescence. interestingly enough, this has nothing to do with me being emo or edgy or whatever as what may be assumed - i just like amy lee's vocals and how utterly ridiculous it gets towards the end of the song which i have practiced imitating for so long (to questionable results).

Pokes my head back in here cause I was listening to some old tunes of mine today.

you like edm too??? man every time i meet a fellow edm fan im like "i finally feel less alone in liking this genre ;_;"
I was really happy to share some EDM music with you!! It’s surprisingly niche isn’t it?! I’m actually surprised, EDM songs were pretty popular I always thought…! It makes up so much of my playlist LOL.
i just like amy lee's vocals and how utterly ridiculous it gets towards the end of the song which i have practiced imitating for so long (to questionable results).
Honestly, real talk!! Amy Lee does not get the credit she deserves for how beautiful her vocals are. I know everyone memes on Bring me to life and My Immortal because it came from our communal era of cringe, but her voice in My Immortal is so fucking stunning! I still go back and listen to Evanescence sometimes, they honestly still hit!
Absolutely valid opinion. Was never one to hate on the newer stuff. In fact these days if I feel compelled to listen to them I usually reach for the One More Light album as it’s closest to my current music taste.
YES that album is sooo good! I just remember back when Linkin Park started experimenting with more electronic-esque beats everyone really wanted them to go back to their old style… But I loved the new stuff. Imagine Dragons I’m currently feeling their old stuff more though.

Today while I was driving home, I was listening to Mili’s older tracks, which were Nine Point Eight and one that hit a bit too close to home, Turtle’s Heart (I actually drew a piece a while ago for this one). I started crying while listening to Turtle’s Heart this time around, it was always a song that gave me this heavy, melancholic feeling because I felt the lyrics touched me a bit too close, but today I was a bit more vulnerable than usual so it got to me LOL… Nine Point Eight is just an absolute classic, and I love how joyous it sounds despite the subject of the song being so dark. It’s also amazing to hear how much Cassie/momocashew’s voice has improved since it came out.

Aaah… Funny how songs from my childhood can still hit different.

Anyone remember t.A.T.u? Their album '200 km/hr in the Wrong Lane' was a staple of my childhood!
I'll admit I still listen to that album (and their "The Best" collection) freakin' constantly. :'D

Also, very very late reply to toastedghost here: I feel the exact same way you've described about Porter Robinson's Worlds. It was honestly pretty life-changing to me when it came out, so going back to listen to it every now and then just feels like walking into a warm hug.

As mad as it sounds, listening to Tom Jones' album Reload always brings back a lot of memories, since it was one of the CDs we had in the car that my parents had blasting out on long journeys and we'd always sing along to it. At the time, we had a Mitsubishi Shogun and we were in awe of the fact it could play CDs. Of course, people used to give us weird looks hearing me and my brother singing Sex Bomb very loudly (we were preteens at the time).

Eminem's Lose Yourself has always resonated with me as a sufferer of anxiety that melts away the second I'm in the zone, whether I'm sparring or cosplaying and I have it on my kickboxing training playlist.

Green Day's Time of Your Life always takes me back to when I saw them playing at Wembley Stadium and it was no surprise they finished the show with this song. In fact, anything by them always takes me back to that night. One of the best parts was when Billy Joe Armstrong got a t-shirt cannon out and began firing t-shirts at the audience.

One Republic's Counting Stars takes me back to the day my brother graduated from university. We were sitting at some outside bar and this song came on as I was watching the sunset.

I mentioned this in another thread, but hearing Stars by Skillet always reminds me of when I saw them performing at a venue in London a few years ago. They sang this one and as they finished with the line "You're the one who holds the stars", the spotlights directed their beams onto a nearby disco ball and it made the place look like a starry sky. A really magical moment indeed.

Last edited:
this specific song brings back a lot of memories from 2020. despite it being unanimously regarded as The Worst Year Ever, 2020 was actually a year where my mental health got marginally better. i would listen to this song a lot, always thinking of it as cute or relaxing. i completely forgot about it until recently, and i realized just how much fun that year was. i had gained a whole new group of friends, gotten back into art, and was gaining a lot of new interests. i'm just so glad i could find it on spotify again.

The 8am theme from Animal Crossing New Leaf reminds me a lot of playing the game before going to school even if it was just for a couple of minutes and for a couple of days. That memory’s just stuck with me so much. And all of the other music from ACNL. I love listening to it but it’s so painful to listen to because I didn’t really finish the museum or even the house. And now, it feels a little strange to go back because of ACNH. I still love the music though. Best day themes in the series.

The music from the hoenn pokemon games, pokemon battle revolution, pokemon gale of darkness and many other music that hails from videogames.

Route 44/Lake of Rage theme, specifically the original version. For some reason I almost always tear up a bit whenever I hear it.

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom