• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Musical missed opportunities in Smash

Beta Content Nerd
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She/Her
Going to try sticking my song choices to games that did release on Nintendo Consoles in the past as seems to be a reoccurring theme for song choices in the SSB series.

Dancing Calcabrina - Final Fantasy IV
Battle on the Big Bridge - Final Fantasy V
Force Your Way - Final Fantasy VIII
The Extreme - Final Fantasy VIII
Boss! - Plok (although it probably couldn't be used as from what I understand, the composer is rather uppity about the use of their music on anything really)
Mad Mew Mew (Dummy Remix) - Undertale Switch Edition
Natural Killer Cyborg - Mother 3
What I'm Made Of - Sonic Heroes
Beta Battle theme for what the original version of SSB was going to be if a song existed for fights at the time of production

Last edited:
The Mega Multishipper of Miroir Way
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
she/her/they
I think Square Enix might be strict with copyright and stuff, but Final Fantasy music is PERFECT for Smash Bros, especially Dancing Mad. It's one of the greatest pieces of music period.

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/him
I think Square Enix might be strict with copyright and stuff, but Final Fantasy music is PERFECT for Smash Bros, especially Dancing Mad. It's one of the greatest pieces of music period.
Judging by what happened with Persona and SNK, I think they only wanted music from Final Fantasy VII (like with Persona) instead of the whole FF franchise (like with SNK shared universe).

The Mega Multishipper of Miroir Way
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
she/her/they
Judging by what happened with Persona and SNK, I think they only wanted music from Final Fantasy VII (like with Persona) instead of the whole FF franchise (like with SNK shared universe).
That makes sense.
I mean, I can't complain, because we got One Winged Angel.

Hmmm what are these creatures and do I splat them?
Reaction score
They need more Splatoon 2 music:
Spicy calamari inkarnation
Bomb Blush Rush (DJ Octavio remix)
Tidal Rush

And more Pokemon:
Sw/Sh gym battle
Sonia's theme
Battle! Giratina

Good. They need to add them in NOW.

Beta Content Nerd
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She/Her
Nice catch! I heard that song in Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing and was wondering why they didn't add that song to Smash.
It also appears in Super Smash Bros. Brawl; only reason I can imagine it might not have been brought back for Ultimate is licensing issues and / or being unable to reach the duo who wrote and performed the song.

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/him
It also appears in Super Smash Bros. Brawl; only reason I can imagine it might not have been brought back for Ultimate is licensing issues and / or being unable to reach the duo who wrote and performed the song.
I thought the song that was there was "Right There, Right On" instead of "Super Sonic Racing".

Currently, cattle exist.
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
So it turns out that Super Sonic Racing is actually in Smash Ultimate. I checked on the Wiki, but it wasn’t there, and apparently I had to get it from the shop.