• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Musical missed opportunities in Smash

I think Square Enix might be strict with copyright and stuff, but Final Fantasy music is PERFECT for Smash Bros, especially Dancing Mad. It's one of the greatest pieces of music period.
Judging by what happened with Persona and SNK, I think they only wanted music from Final Fantasy VII (like with Persona) instead of the whole FF franchise (like with SNK shared universe).

They need more Splatoon 2 music:
Spicy calamari inkarnation
Bomb Blush Rush (DJ Octavio remix)
Tidal Rush

And more Pokemon:
Sw/Sh gym battle
Sonia's theme
Battle! Giratina

Good. They need to add them in NOW.

Nice catch! I heard that song in Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing and was wondering why they didn't add that song to Smash.
It also appears in Super Smash Bros. Brawl; only reason I can imagine it might not have been brought back for Ultimate is licensing issues and / or being unable to reach the duo who wrote and performed the song.

It also appears in Super Smash Bros. Brawl; only reason I can imagine it might not have been brought back for Ultimate is licensing issues and / or being unable to reach the duo who wrote and performed the song.
I thought the song that was there was "Right There, Right On" instead of "Super Sonic Racing".

I understand that there might be rights issues with Chunsoft, but still, it is a crime that you can't play Dialga's Fight to the Finish on Spear Pillar. Also, having only one song from Tropical Freeze on the soundtrack is another questionable choice, and it wasn't even one of the standouts - Punch Bowl would have been a perfect fit.

I understand that there might be rights issues with Chunsoft, but still, it is a crime that you can't play Dialga's Fight to the Finish on Spear Pillar. Also, having only one song from Tropical Freeze on the soundtrack is another questionable choice, and it wasn't even one of the standouts - Punch Bowl would have been a perfect fit.
I wanted homecoming hijinks or seashore war myself.

The Starman themes would've been great if it synced with the songs coming from the same game, like the Mario Kart 8 version if the song played one from a Mario Kart 8 course.

From what game is that one?
Kingdom Hearts, debuted in II (I think) for the Lingering Will secret boss and was redone for Birth by Sleep and III.

On the Kingdom Hearts trend, literally little by Yoko Shiromura? I also would've love any of Xion's themes since the DS is where she made her debut so it would make sense which Yoko has done one rendition of for Re:Mind.

we at least got Shantae Music, I don't think we even got any Shovel Knight music, lol

speaking of mii fighter costume music; we really should have gotten DMC music with the Dante Mii Fighter costume. imagine Devil Trigger being in Smash...

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom