• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mutant Pink Dolphin Discovered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pink dolphin?
ARRHHGG thar she blows!!
Aren't albinos suppoesed to be whiteand not pink?

Perhaps. All that albino means is that the skin is deficient of proper pigmentation and as a side effect, doesn't reflect ultraviolet light really well. So the dolphin's skin could be lighter, it's probably just suffering a case of sunburn. [Also, albinos are more sensitive to light because of lack of melanin pigment as well]

There are plenty of albino snakes that are yellow too so while white is the most common color in albinos, it's not necessarily the only possible color.

Last edited:
It must be from neo space! (Wasn't there a pink dolphin as that baby as dolphin-man card that was from GX? I know there was a pink dolphin in some kid's show)

Actually, it's funny to me because it makes the water look really bad...

This is really, unbelievably cool.

According to the Guinness Book of World Records, there are pink dolphins in the waters around Hong Kong. And they're an actual species.

But even though this one is just an albino, it's still awesome. ^_^

Awesome, this is like rarer than a shiny pokerus dolphin, wait what?

can someone say lockness monster?

the dolphin looks inflatable

It's not, there are other pictures clearly showing it's eyes.

Perhaps their are eyes on the inflateable? And if it is real, how rare is it?

Extremely rare. Only about three or four albino dolphins were even discovered in that region. None of them were pink, though.

This is why Pokemon isn't taking seriously.
People keep relating real life to Pokemon.

Not unless sharks inhabit that lake. Besides, underwater is very murky and it probably doesn't stand out as much below the surface. Also, can sharks even see in color?

Sharks have good eyesight, but they mostly rely on their sense of smell as well as their multiple other sensory organs. So yeah, I'm sure this dolphin will stand out.

There is a species of dolphin wich is normally pink and it lives in Brazil.Maybe they captured one and took a photo of it at that lake?

o____o OH MY GOD I'M IN LOVE <3
I loooooove dolphins <3 The pink makes it all the more adorable~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom