• Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • What happened to the Pokemon GO section?

Hey all! We wanted to let everyone know that the Pokemon GO section has officially been merged into the Pokemon Video Games section. You can find more information in this thread.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

my avatar isn't working properly...

clear fluid.
Reaction score
my old avatar was this:

the background of this image is transparent. when you see my posts around the forum, you see the image with a transparent background. when you go on my profile, you see it with a transparent background as well.

i changed my avatar to this:

again, the background is transparent. when you see my posts, the background is transparent. but when you go on my profile, the background is white.

so why does the first image has a transparent background everywhere (including on my profile), but the second image has a transparent background only in my posts?

Yes hello I still exist.
Reaction score
Um...it must be a problem with your computer, because I see that it's perfectly fine, transparency and all...

is obsessed with Noivern!
Reaction score
Oh, the profile uses a different rendition of the picture. I don't know why, though, ask an admin.

The image is also smaller, so it might be that the program that resized it put in the background.

rewrites your life
Reaction score
Whenever the vBulletin software needs to resize an image (e.g. to make it smaller for the avatar spot in the profile), it discards all transparency data (replacing transparent background with white fill). The first one was small enough to skip the resizing, so it retained its transparency.