• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My beautiful poorly upscaled color corrected gen 1 sprites

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
What's your favorite starter line from gen 1? Do you want to see more?

Attachments

• Charmanders .png
    Charmanders .png
    3.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Venusaur.png
    Venusaur.png
    3 KB · Views: 54
  • squirles.png
    squirles.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 57
Here's Four facts about gen 1
-Poison and Bug are super effective against each other
-There are 3 damaging moves for bug type. Leech Life which is 20 bp. Twineedle which is only on Beedrill. And Pin Missile which is on one other pokemon but it's Jolteon.
- A Metapod or Kakuna evolved from a Caterpie or Weedle can't learn harden in the original red and blue
-Weedle isn't in yellow so a Kakuna can never know harden or poison sting at the same time without tradebacks

Attachments

• Erika Destories .png
    Erika Destories .png
    2.7 KB · Views: 28
Why are the pidgey's line sprites so terrible? These are all from yellow which sucks because I want to mix it up a bit but no matter. I will do all of the gen one pokemon and the menu sprites.

Attachments

• S A N D A T T A C K.png
    S A N D A T T A C K.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 23
Ah rattata, the better of the two route one pokemon. Why was your classification changed to be identical to pikachu? No matter. Pro tip: If you ever play let's go, get the Alolan Rattata it's one of the best pokemon in the game.

Attachments

• The rats.png
    The rats.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 23
Whoo a pure poison type in kanto? How worthless. Even if you want to do some cheese, you can just pick bulbasaur, get a hitmonlee or get a gastly. Anyways I despise that stupid youngster on route 3 with that wrap machine.

Attachments

• SYENAKS CIPE.png
    SYENAKS CIPE.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 20
Whoo pikachu! Might as well end it here lol. Anyways Raichu might be worse than Jolteon but you can get it earlier. Too bad about yellow though, pikachu is terrible and you can't even get a Raichu. So, Kantion Raichu is just perpurly stuck in a shadow. :(

Attachments

• Chunky Electric Mouseys  .png
    Chunky Electric Mouseys .png
    2.2 KB · Views: 26
Now for the men. There is no gendered pokemon outside of the nidoran lines in Gen 1. Red is non-binary too judging by their dittoness. You cannot take my silly kanto headcanons away from me as there is not much to hold on to.

Attachments

• Cis Men.png
    Cis Men.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
The third best normal type for a play though in gen 1 just behind Snorlax and Dodrio. I tend to evolve this thing as soon as it learns sing at level 13 and it's in the fast level up group too. As a fairy it's also good. I like to wait for a bit then do it as soon as it learns Moonblast. What a good pokemon.

Attachments

• Clefs.png
    Clefs.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 28
I decided to do some of the better looking trainer sprites, the next evo line in dex order, and the ghosts in Lavender Tower. About the pokemon: I adore these beauties already, but since I have let's go eevee I can witness the sheer majesty of Alolan Vulpix and Ninetails. They are simply breathtaking and are the best regional forms out there. About the Ghosty goo: It is the color of ghost from missingno too so that's cool. I don't intend to color correct the base form honestly, its perfect already. About the trainers: I will do all the trainer sprites except Blue's red/blue sprites but I will pace myself.

Attachments

• Vulpix, Ninetails and friends .png
    Vulpix, Ninetails and friends .png
    6.9 KB · Views: 48
This is just worst Clefable. I still adore my fluffy puffy babies anyway. I like the one in the anime though unlike a ton of things in there. (I only watched the first season and skipped some of the eps like the going away eps and I missed the first one)

Attachments

• Puffmiser and Pinkypuff.png
    Puffmiser and Pinkypuff.png
    2 KB · Views: 39
There is an odd glitch in gen 1 that deleted anything to do with friendship. I wish. Honestly, Lets Go not including new evos is a crime, a crime against Zubat. Fire Red is the worst as it can't evolve until post game but it still tries to making Golbat and Chansey more painful to use. Poor baby it is so awful to use in Kanto if Jotho isn't involved.

Attachments

• There is no Zubat in Lets go Pikachu and Eevee.png
    There is no Zubat in Lets go Pikachu and Eevee.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 29
I never got the chance to catch one of the things, so when I think of Oddish I think of Jrose's run with it and how bad it was compared to Bellsprout. Or Erika's Vileplume with moonblast. The rival in lets go eevee at least has one too. So, I guess I think of the oddish line in relation to how others use it.

Attachments

• Death didn't shower .png
    Death didn't shower .png
    2.5 KB · Views: 21
Now for the objectively coolest pokemon in all of Kanto! Shame no npcs use the paras line as there is little to no reason for yourself to use it. Even if the trainers can't use it it should be in the zoo. I mean you can find these babies in the safari zone anyway. I just want more paras in my life. Charizard is cool and all but Parasect is scary, cool, and charismatic. Mewtwo might be sick and powerful but, Parasect can condemn you to sleep and slowly suck the life out of your poor, poor Alakazam. I love Parasect.

Attachments

• Braaaaains .png
    Braaaaains .png
    1.9 KB · Views: 28
Huh. Venomoth and Venonat are easy to forget about as has Gamefreak did for about 20 years. These pokemon are the most unrealmarkle in all of kanto even though some trainers use it including one on Nugget Bridge in Lets Go. Koga uses it a ton in Yellow. And there is twitch plays pokemon, but as soon as I think of these pokemon they seem to slip my mind.

Attachments

• All Terrain Venomoth.png
    All Terrain Venomoth.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom