• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My beautiful poorly upscaled color corrected gen 1 sprites

My favorite of these to do are the trainer sprites. I feel like I have more freedom with them. So here's some with Electabuzz! I love to flex my creative muscles with the color choices. Electabuzz is a very epic pokemon that I may not have a strong attachment to but I still like it enough. I also finished up with the Yellow Blue sprites. And the Cooltrainer stuff. I am very happy with how it turned out.

Attachments

• The Truly Talented Wins With Style.png
    The Truly Talented Wins With Style.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 29
If you get the reference in the png name you are very epic. Anyway, Magmar is a gen 1 fire type so it is very useless. Mostly because it comes so late. It sucks though because I kinda like Magmar. I prefer Magby but Magmar is fine. I remember it on Blaine's team in lets go the most honestly it fits very well.

Attachments

• Men and their Magmars.png
    Men and their Magmars.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 18
This beauty is Pinsir! One of my all time favorite pokemon. Like top 20. I mean its movepool is terrible too but a little better than Scyther. Body Slam, and Seismic Toss no stab but still better than Scyther. If you understand that Slash ignores the boost from Swords Dance because it always crit. But Pinsir can take advantage of the boost from Swords Dance with Body Slam one of the best normal moves in the game. Outside of gen one janky purgatory it can learn X-Scissor so it's decent enough. I also love its Mega form mostly because it enjoys it and isn't in terrible pain the entire time.

Attachments

• Notorious Bug.png
    Notorious Bug.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 17
I caught this thing once and it was a terrible experience. Other than that, Tauros is the definition of live hard, crash young. Bro peaked in high school then fell off a cliff. I kinda feel bad for Tauros. At least they will have the solace that other high ranked competitive pokemon are struggle bussing right now too.

Attachments

• The Bull.png
    The Bull.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 22
Now we have some of the most famous pokemon and poster children for evolution just behind Eevee and pals. Magikarp and Gyarados. Now Gyarados is a physical water type so it's not as useful as you'd think particularly in gen 2 to gen 3, but it's known for a reason. Magikarp training hard to become an angry "dragon" is fun as heck and you can't deny that.

Attachments

• King Koi and Ms Onix.png
    King Koi and Ms Onix.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 28
I love Lapras what a lovely pokemon. I would like to use it more but in RBY it comes at paltry level 15. That's an issue with a lot of pokemon actually. Water pokemon and Dratini fished up with the super rod are caught at level 15 and you can only get a super rod after Lavender Tower. The level should have been raised to level 20 or better yet level 30 like the Snorlax and Fossils. I used Lapras in Lets Go though but I also had an Articuno on the team so meh?

Attachments

• Doggy.png
    Doggy.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 22
I should explain why I did this. In the og manuals for RBY Red is called by the name of the game. So if I play blue he is known as Blue. This is part of the reason why Blue has two names and the reason why I had Blue in a green shirt with blue highlights and a blue shirt with green highlights. So I have, blue Red, green Red, and yellow Red. Ditto of course goes with Red because Red has about a 10% chance of being a ditto and is definitely non-binary. :)
I would love all these sprites to be used in romhacks, and the Red that would be used would depend on the game. I would love to play a pokemon blue improved version or the Smith yellow romhack on an emulator and just see good looking colorful sprites. That would be awesome.

Attachments

• Pikaspery .png
    Pikaspery .png
    3.3 KB · Views: 29
I might as well be done now as I did Pikachu, Charizard and Eevee. Now I will tell you my opinions on all the eeveelutions.
Eevee: Eevee is definitely a fennec fox and a fluffy one at that. I adore Eevee just chilling on my head.
Vaporeon: I bet that will be such a joy to pet. I imagine a smooth and satisfying feel of a snake but warm.
Jolteon: This is one the best pokemon for the league. It can solo Lorelei with just thunderbolt and mimicking amnesia.
Flareon: This feels like if Eevee only had one evolution this will be it. Flareon is my favorite eeveelution and I'm not ashamed.
Espeon: Espeon is definitely a cat. A refined one at that.
Umbreon: I really don't really have any opinions on Umbreon. That's not a bad thing though I like Umbreon.
Leafeon: Leafeon is another refined cat. I prefer it to Espeon there is such a beauty to it.
Glaceon: Glaceon is one my least favorite eeveelution but that doesn't mean I don't like it. Glaceon is an adorable ice puppy.
Sylveon: It has a grace about it too but it looks more fox-like to my eye with a dash of dog with the tail.

Attachments

• Eeveeon.png
    Eeveeon.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 15
This is it. I have done Porygon. My favorite generation one pokemon. I am salty that it can only really evolve into its forms in LA but I don't care. It's really annoying that I have to get coins 6500 for a bad special attacker and professional pp staller but I don't care. It may be in anime jail but I don't care. I adore the rubber ducky with all my soul and heart. I might as well just stop. I mean have done all the overly famous pokemon and my favorite. But I will not stop until I do all 150 pokemon. Cheers! :D

P.S. This is the best gen 1 sprite and it's a green one. Like why did you need to change it?

Attachments

• Porygons.png
    Porygons.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 16
I am the follower of the Lord Helix. I mean at least in gen 1, Omastar has 125 defense and 115 special. That means 115 special attack and special defense. It's a rock water type too. The thing is a bulky beast and I love it. and yes my Omastar (Lord Helix) did freeze Lance's Dragonite. It sucks it can't learn rock slide but whatever.

Attachments

• Legion of Bulky Waters.png
    Legion of Bulky Waters.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 20
This is our third psychical water type Lord Dome. The harborer of evil and strange and terrible movepools. Instead of Rock Slide this baby learns Absorb. Why? I mean it has a high attack and lowish special why is it like that? It's not even a grass type so the move is almost completely useless. It can't even learn Mega Drain.

Attachments

• Legion of Absorb .png
    Legion of Absorb .png
    2.1 KB · Views: 24
This is my Christmas gift to you guys. This is the rest of the gen 1 trainer sprites other than the Elite Four. I am very happy. Some of these look better than others, but that's how the ball rolls.

Now I will tell you some of my inspiration.
Gambler: This baby's color scheme was based on SV colors.
Super Nerd: He is wearing red because he is in Blaine's gym.
Pokemanic: I color picked from Charizard both shiny and normal colored.
Jr Trainers: Yes these are green like the picnickers and campers.
Engineer: Why does this trainer class exist? They can be only found on one route and there are only two of them.

Attachments

• Bunch of Washups.png
    Bunch of Washups.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Fun Fact: For some reason Aerodactyl can't learn Rock Slide in the first two generations. Yes, Lance is a cheater.

I mean even though Aerodactyl is basically a Pidgeot but a bit better I still like using it. I like using it way more than the other flying types other than Dodrio and Fearow. My fourth fav flyer is good in my eyes.

Attachments

• Lance's Baby Bird.png
    Lance's Baby Bird.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 16
Look at this lovable tub of lard! I kind of adore Snorlax even if I don't use it as much as I used to. Snorlax is the personification of a giant semi truck. It is slow but it hurts like hell if it hits you. It rules the road and you must respect it.

Attachments

• The God King.png
    The God King.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
These are the epic birds of Legend. The beautiful and majestic Articuno, the anti power creep milktoast Zapdos, and the flaming dumpster pile of victory road Moltres. The beautiful pokemon that learns Leer at level 51. You may think that's all wrong. And yes I am lying to you. The epic birds of Legend actually are: the dark and cold Articuno, the stompy bird Zapdos, and the weakness policy king Moltres. For some reason people think you can find these in Kanto but these are just unused sprites. I did the shinies first because I want to, and it's funny. :)

Attachments

• The two Legendary Birds and the Rubber Chicken.png
    The two Legendary Birds and the Rubber Chicken.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 25
These are Elite Four of the Indigo Plateau. At least for the first time around. Lorelei has more of an appearance in Lets Go and she has a force of personality. Bruno is mostly known for being terrible and being in GSC for some reason. He is decent in Lets Go but is definitely the worst one still. Agatha is probably Jrose's sleep paralysis demon but I love her. She is so spunky and her Lets Go team is perfection. I mean all the Elite Four members deserve six pokemon but we can simply give her a Tentacruel and watch her wrap your pokemon to death. Now finally Lance. I love Lance. I adore Lance. Cape boy is my bestie and deserves to use his "Charizard" to cheat illegal moves on his pokemon. I know he attacked a rando with a Dragonite but it's fine.

Attachments

• Look at Them!.png
    Look at Them!.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
A beautiful look at the two Thememperors of the Kanto region. One of them you can find a bridge after running from a trainer like a baby and then running into the first dude in Misty's gym accidentally. Lovely and cute, Mew can hard carry with a little effort and a psychic TM. Mew can also learn fly so that's amazing. Another is a horribly strong pokemon found in the depths of Cerulean Cave. I caught it in Lets Go once. I really like Mewtwo honestly.

Attachments

• Cute Kittie Cats.png
    Cute Kittie Cats.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 24
Here's is some clarifications and more explanations.
1) What I think of the Kanto starters. I love Bulbasaur I almost always choose Bulbasaur. Squirtle is the best starter to pick but I don't I like picking it because there are so many water types out there. I hate Chameleon. I like Charmander and Charizard just fine but I can't use any of them because Chameleon is useless and evolves at level 38.
2) Let's go. I said that lets go is the best looking game on the switch but I was half right. SV has amazing looking pokemon models and it looks really good in the deepest parts of area zero. Everywhere else is muddled and disgusting though and the trainer models aren't my favorites. About hardness, it is pretty hard except if you take advantage of unique mechanics.
3) What will I do in this thread? I will now do the maps, backsprites and other graphics. I want to spruce up the whole game and find a way to romhack pokemon red in this to show these new stuff. At least show this to smogon or something. Maybe I'll email Big Yellow.

Have a good new year! :)

Attachments

• Endless Pokemen.png
    Endless Pokemen.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 30
Oops I forgot the Dragonite line. I didn't mean to do this. I had within my files for just forgot. I feel very silly for having that "What will we do now" post now. :(

Anyhoo Dragonite. It evolves at level 55 which is crazy when my team is often underleveled. I adore Dragonite anyways. Lane's roly poly dragon is my friend and your friend.

Attachments

• Look mom no Stab!.png
    Look mom no Stab!.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 16
Another Belated child... These are shiny too by complete mistake too.
Right now I'm doing the back sprites and I'll do the normal colors for these two, and some color shifting for some of the pokes. I really like these two despite every bland bone in their body.

Attachments

• Rest.png
    Rest.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom