• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My beautiful poorly upscaled color corrected gen 1 sprites

Whooo... Here's a load.
Here is a big chuck of backsprites the ugly, ugly backsprites. In other news I started to figure out emulation on browser and started to play crystal. (I have a Game Boy Color but Crystal is really expensive on ebay and my copies of Gold and Silver are dead battery Japanese copies.) It is such a difference with the backsprites. I also noticed that some of the front sprites were lifted from RBY but colored more flatly.

Attachments

• Slightly Melted Backsprites Pt. 1.png
    Slightly Melted Backsprites Pt. 1.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 63
Speaking of Gen 2 do you know about Sneasel? In Gold and Silver Sneasel is this pretty Brown Blue color but Crystal onwards Sneasel got the dark blue magenta color that Weavile inherited. So this is how Silver's second favorite weak deadweight may have looked. In other news I found out how to properly upscale in the program I used so maybe I shouldn't even post this on this thread. :bulbaLol:

Attachments

• Silver's Stolen Prize.png
    Silver's Stolen Prize.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 17
I had the urge. These are basically filling the void that coloring books left behind and I'm loving it. So the Typhlosion line got screwed over with their shinies. They had these pretty gen 2 shinies with magenta flame but they got turned brown instead. Their flames didn't change anymore! So I fixed them. I made all their bodies darker and Cyndaquil's flames magenta, with Quilava since it screams edgy I gave it one set of blue flames too. I made Typhlosion flames both magenta and blue to tie in with its prevo a bit better.
Now with the backstory, I picked Cyndaquil and was super surprised when it evolved so early. I still have a Quilava and I just got finished with the radio tower that was surprisingly tedious to complete. The level curve is wack. GSC is a longer game to complete and I'm the level I normally am in Kanto in the hall of fame but the people around me are about the same level. I don't like it.

Attachments

• I don't even know.png
    I don't even know.png
    5 KB · Views: 35
I should start on the next chunk of backsprites but here's some randos. I do plan on just importing these into a copy of blue with all pokemon available. Just the type of sprite because I'm not sure how to import the colors. I'm a flaky dingus though so don't get your hopes up.

Attachments

• stalling.png
    stalling.png
    5 KB · Views: 24
Hi I'm back! So I remembered the spaceworld demo existed. I am doing those now with shinies now! They are probably upscaled. I'll also write pokedex entries for them.

Happa the Leaf pokemon: This pokemon smells like freshly cut grass. It lies in the sun to create energy.
Hanamogura the Flower Eye pokemon: This extremely powerful pokemon can create beautiful gardens within seconds. It is said that looking into its eye brings good luck.
Hanaryū the Herb Flower pokemon: According to myth this pokemon saves people hopelessly lost in the dark forests where it lives before disappearing back into its home.

Attachments

• Grass Starters 97.png
    Grass Starters 97.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 17
So here's another one of the Spaceworld freaks. The fire starters! It's such a shame that these are monotype though. If I were to give these starters secondary typings starting with their first evo it would be as such. For the Grass one Psychic is obvious with the Eye Plant flower thing. For Water, Rock is the best choice unless I want to reach for the stars and pick dragon or fairy or just keep it monotype like Blastoise. It may be reaching but honestly ice is the best choice of the fire starters. But even if the fire starters stay monotype I love these pokemon and how I presented them.

Honōguma the Little Flame pokemon: It lives in icy caves in Snowy Mountains. If threatened its ears will burn brightly.
Borubeā the Long Haired Bear pokemon: It is known as the ghost of the mountains. Its long dark mane glows brighter in the dark.
Dainabea the Flame Ear pokemon: When it breathes fire the little flame on its forehead shines a brilliant blue.

Attachments

• Space world 97 fire starter.png
    Space world 97 fire starter.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Now here's my favorite starters of the bunch. I quite like most of the water types so I'm torn. I just love how sweet the first stage looks. I am quite proud of how the final stage looks in its new colors too so I'm quite fond of these. Still not sure what secondary type (if any) it should have but leaning on rock.

Kurusu the Selkie pokemon- These pokemon gather on shores during the full moon. Their sweet songs are full of melancholy.
Akua the Bright Gem pokemon- Akua is known to lie in wait just below the surface so it can leap out the water and snatch flying pokemon that get too close. Apparently its a spectacle to watch.
Akueria the Paddle Tail pokemon- These pokemon live in deep water during the day and come to the surface to feed at night. During a new moon their gems glow causing the sea to light up in a golden hue.

Attachments

• 1997 new Water starters yo.png
    1997 new Water starters yo.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Speaking of sweet water types you know Mikon? If you don't know much about Spaceworld '97 that name wont ring a bell. If you know you might perk up and remember. Oh the Vulpix baby Pokemon. It's a water type, and really looks the part when colored correctly. I would love this as a solo Pokemon. It's so beautiful and cute and it would be so cool if it was powerful too.

Mikon the Wave pokemon- This beautiful pokemon lives in calm lakes. It's sensitive to pollution so its numbers have dwilled in recent years.

Attachments

• Fire Type.png
    Fire Type.png
    4 KB · Views: 18
You know about Tangela? Apparently these babies were meant to be the pre evo and evo for it kinda like with Roselia. But to my eye particularly since in their RGB like colors they are green they look like some kind of "Tangela like" instead of related. Not even like regional forms of Tangela and Tangrowth just "Tangela like". So for the first time with the Spaceworld freaks I stuck to og ish colors for the normal non shiny coloring. For the shinies though I did Tangela colors but I still prefer that muted green.

Monja the Curly Vine pokemon- Its vines are especially strong and springy. If motivated it can use its vines to jump 50 ft.
Jaranra the Vine Bow pokemon- Its known as the swamp thing. It feeds on rotten wood and the bug Pokemon found inside.

Attachments

• Viney.png
    Viney.png
    6 KB · Views: 13
Look at this graceful beta Mantine! Not my favorite beta water type but beautiful nevertheless.

Hanēi the Angel Fish pokemon- This Pokemon is renowned by fishermen as a symbol of good luck and a great harvest. It flies seamlessly from water into the air.

Attachments

• Flappy Fish.png
    Flappy Fish.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 11
This reject Monotype Qwilfish and its adorably derpy evo is mildly boring. Honestly I really am sick of water types. Mikon is a good recipient of the fairy type and the water starters could get rock type so if for some reason you want to romhack these in based on my suggestions for some reason. They are fine.

Pukū the Prickly Ball pokemon- This Pokemon is popular among children. Deflated Pukū are sick and stressed.
Shibirefugu the Spike Fish pokemon- There are rumors that this Pokemon rules the world. These rumors are unconfirmed and unlikely.

Attachments

• Baaaaaalllllllll.png
    Baaaaaalllllllll.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Want some ugly babies and more info about Spaceworld shinies?
So my favorite of the bunch is Pichū it is so cute and could pass as a Pikachu clone nowadays. The other two babies are ugly and honestly I have no idea why I haven't skipped over them as I won't do all of these only the ones I like the most. About the blue shines, yes jiggly and clef's lines did have blue shines in the Spaceworld demo although I won't check any of the other shines.

Pichū the Ampere pokemon- Be careful during rainstorms as these Pokemon flock out into the rain and electricity tends to spark out their bodies.
Py the Stardust pokemon- There are tales of this pokemon coming to earth as itty bitty shards of stardust. It is shy and rarely seen.
Pupurin the Bouncy pokemon- Unlike its evolutions Pupurin is incredibly dense and heavy. If it starts bouncing, there is no stopping it.

Attachments

• Pikachu clone Ugly babies and light blue shines.png
    Pikachu clone Ugly babies and light blue shines.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Look at this glorious creature! This is a beta Quag with no Woop to speak of. Its pure water type which is unfortunate. I'm including it though as anything that is related to Woop in any way is a perfect creature.

Mizūo the Fish Water pokemon- This easygoing Pokemon is surprisingly intelligent. It can be seen riding in the wake of boats.

Attachments

• Flavors of Quag.png
    Flavors of Quag.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 14
So for my birthday I got Brilliant Diamond. Say what you will about these games but in Sword and Shield shines don't show in the overworld and I don't really like catching Pokemon that much. It was well worth it anyway as I got a shiny Zubat. It's an ugly green but it's better than pyroar's shiny so I am happy. So here's what my little angel will look like in Gameboy perfection. The Crobat sprite came from the Spaceworld demo.

P.S. anyone know how to upload screenshots from your switch to the cloud? I want to show off my Pokemon in a new thread or something.

Attachments

• Whilhem.png
    Whilhem.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Apparently Magnet Bomb is a move. I was looking at Silver's teams for reasons and I saw that move. This is not about Magnemite though this is about Golbat. Honestly the whole line is perfect at least together. Golbat and Zubat are dirty weak and terrible to train pokemon who are loved by evil teams. If you love it it can transform form the Tenacool of land into the cool and sleek bird, Crobat who can actually fly. Cyrus and especially Silver deserve their Crobats.

P.S. Bring the tongue back!

Attachments

• not bird.png
    not bird.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
These are some of my favorite "pokemon" in the spaceworld demo. I really need these in the games stat. Cute little sharky that evolves into an anchor shark that gains the steel type and then a deep sea steel eel. I love it as much as I love the gloriously funky SV gym leader theme.

Manbō1 the Light Shark pokemon- This predator has countershading in order to lurk in dark water. In order to draw in prey it can make the bulb on its head shine.
Ikari the Anchor Shark pokemon- This pokemon isn't a good swimmer. It stays stationary on the seafloor and lunges forward to grab its prey.
Gurotesu the Pelican Eel pokemon- This pokemon can swallow its prey in one gigantic gulp. It gets nauseous near the surface.

Attachments

• Fishes.png
    Fishes.png
    10 KB · Views: 11
This is a basic fact about the gen 2 legendarys. Eusine's dream pet and their siblings aren't really dogs or cats for that matter. They are beasts. The legendary beasts of Jotho.

These beta beasts though are defiantly dogs. Though Legendary they may not. As some poketuber I forgot the name of that likes Arcanine said, "they look like what the Pokemon who burned down in the tower may have looked like." Those names name though.

Rai the Thunderdog pokemon: It runs at unbelievable speeds coated with electricity. It can even run across water with large leaping steps that look like thunderbolts.
En the Flamedog pokemon: It can be seen racing back and forth in large grass fields barking like crazy all the while. It is believed to be the manifestation of prairie fires.
Sui the Pondog pokemon: This pokemon is incredibly shy. It normaly hangs out in weed chocked ponds but if spotted to will race off, howling like mad.

Attachments

• The Legenary Dogs.png
    The Legenary Dogs.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom