• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My competative battling team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poketech

Reaction score
Purugly @ Silk scarf
Ability: Own tempo
Ev's: 252 speed/attk
Nature: Adamant
moves - Fake out
U-turn
Body slam
Hypnosis

Mismagius@Leftovers
Ability:Levitate
Ev's:252 Sp.Attk/speed
Nature:Modest
moves - T bolt
pain split
substitute
Shadow ball

Ludicolo@leftovers
Ability:Rain dish
Nature:Calm
Ev's:252 sp.def/HP
moves - Leech seed
ice beam
surf - might go with hydro pump 100 % acc
rain dance

Skarmory@Leftovers
Ability-keen eye
Nature:Sassy
Ev's:252 def/HP
Moves - Night slash
Roost
Toxic
spikes

Kingdra@Life orb
Ability - swift swim
Ev's: 252 Attk/speed
Moves - Outrage
Yawn
D dance
Waterfall

Inferape@Focus sash
Ability - Blaze
Nature: Naughty
Ev's: 252 Attk/Speed
Moves - Blaze kick
Bulk Up
Close Combat
Grass knot.

Note - This team is not a Wifi team, i use it as my team at school, I've tested it and i'm yet to lose with a 16 win streak. Let me no your ideas and areas that need improvement :D

Hmmm... let's see...

Purugly should've been Jolly, but Adamant is fine as well. You should replace Body Slam with Return (it's stronger if it really likes you) if you want.

Mismagius should've been Timid, but Modest is okay.

Replace Infernape's Bulk Up with Swords Dance; you get powered up twice as fast and Infernape has almost no use for the Defense boost (due to how defensively weak it is). Also, it should've been Naive.

Skarmory should've been Impish with this EV spread (it fails at taking special hits): 252 HP/72 Atk/184 Def. Also, replace Night Slash with Steel Wing. If you want, you can replace Toxic with Whirlwind.

For your arena, this team is probably OK. But, note that SD Lucario (an extremely common late game sweeper) can rape your entire team. From what it looks like your best chance to stop it is to try and phaze with Kingdra, but that only delays the inevitable, and Kingdra is definitely KO'd by +2 CC.

And for goodness sake, if you are going to use Spiking Skarmory, give someone on this team Stealth Rock ._____.

If you want to use Bulk Up, use a bulky Pokemon, like Machamp or Hitmontop. I think what you need here is either SD Infernape, or Nasty Plot mixApe. SD Ape would be Jolly, and Mixape would likely be Naive. +Speed nature is what you want on Infernape.

Also, I forget the exact details, but isn't Persian slightly better than Purugly? It's certainly a lot better looking. Needs Jolly nature to have a chance in OU.

On Ludicolo I'd probably drop Surf for Grass Knot/Energy Ball. Grass/Ice has pretty decent coverage, and owns Swampert. Kingdra can deal with most Heatran so you should be OK.

Mismagius likes a stat up move if you are trying to sweep. If you aren't, try Will-o-Wisp to help against pursuiters. Not sure why you'd use Modest over Timid, either.

I could go through the rest of the threat list, but if you are playing at your school or w/e it probably doesn't matter. Just be aware that if anyone is using the combo of Choice Band Scizor and Swords Dance Lucario, you are in big trouble. Apparently no one at your school knows those two are good, though (or uses them poorly).

Yes, I believe Persian is just barely better than Purugly. Purugly has 12 more base attack, which is nice, at the cost of 3 base speed (the difference being that Persian can tie Starmie, for what that's worth), but Persian ends up beating Purugly anyway for the ability to use Technician Fake Out.

Last edited:
Alright I am going to give you a rate because I am bored lol

Changes in BOLD and Italic

Purugly @ Silk scarf
Ability: Own tempo
Ev's: 252 speed/attk
moves - Fake out
U-turn
Return
Taunt
Alright well when comparing the four Normal Type fake out leads, Purugly is at the bottom of the barrel compared to Ambipom, Persian, and Kangaskhan. Ambipom is the best, with technichian and base 100 attack as well as base 115 speed and the ability to use every move Purugly gets. Persian is virtually the same but with less attack. Return has more power and taunt can stop leads from setting up stealth rock.

Mismagius@Leftovers
Ability:Levitate
Ev's:252 Sp.Attk/speed
Nature:Modest
moves - T bolt
Nasty Plot
substitute
Shadow ball
Pain Split is good on a bulky Mismagius- one you aren't running. Nasty Plot boosts Magius Special attack to high levels. However If you cant get Nasty Plot for Wi-fi, Calm Mind is a decent substitute

Ludicolo@leftovers
Ability:Rain dish
Nature:Calm
Ev's:252 sp.def/HP
moves - Leech seed
ice beam
surf - might go with hydro pump 100 % acc
rain dance
pretty standard. Ludicolo

Skarmory@Leftovers
Ability-keen eye
Nature:Sassy
Ev's:252 def/HP
Moves - Brave Bird
Roost
Stealth Rock OR Whirlwind
spikes
Dont need Toxic. Brave Bird is almost always better than night slash

Kingdra@Life orb
Ability - swift swim
Ev's: 252 Attk/speed
Moves - Outrage
Yawn
D dance
Waterfall
Kingdra is sexy. Recommend Substitute over Yawn to prevent status

Inferape@Life Orb
Ability - Blaze
Nature: Hasty/ Naive
Ev's: 252 Attk/Speed
Moves - Flare Blitz
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Grass knot.
change

Scrap this team and go do something meaningful with your life. That's not an attack against this team, it's a swipe at how stupid this game has become.

Scrap this team and go do something meaningful with your life. That's not an attack against this team, it's a swipe at how stupid this game has become.

And you're saying this because?... I don't wanna start an argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom