• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My Emerald Nuzlocke

CoolCaper

Reaction score
So hi! I started an Emerald Nuzlocke yesterday!
I posted in the Nuzlocke thread, but I'll just review.

So, I wanted to do something different. I had already picked Mudkip for my first non-nuzlocke, I love Torchic but just after watching Jaiden animations and her Torchic, I had kinda gotten my Torchic quota. So that left Treecko! :D

I decided that I would try and name each Pokemon based on what about it stood out the most to me. I've seen a lot of people talk about Treecko but never about it's big yellow eyes...
I think Treecko has the biggest yellow eyes (besides Hoopa but that doesn't count for several reasons not the least of which that in Gen 3 it doesn't exist)
And so that's how my Treecko got the name Yelloweyes.
Yelloweyes has a careful nature.

I encountered some Pokemon running around after Professor Birch and Brendan, but I decided not to count it since I didn't have a chance to get any Pokemon yet. So when I did, I was really hoping for a Poochyena on Route 101, because it's a DOGGO and a dark type. And guess what I got? A dark type doggo!
And not only that, he's a timid little upper with the ability Run Away (I dunno how useful it'll be but it really enhances his Timid personality)
I don't care if this is a Nuzlocke. I'm in love.
I named him Sirius, not after the Harry Potter character but just because I couldn't think of a more DOGGO name. He's a doggo! He's a sweet, kind little doggo and nobody can do anything about it!
So I trained up Sirius (poor pupper got growled and Stringshotted a lot but he put up with it like the good little pupper he is)

Next up is Polly, the bold wurmple. It's a little exhausting to explain every name choice, so I'll give the abridged version and only share the name if somebody asks or if I really think it's worth sharing. Basically I was going to call her "Polytechnic" because of how colorful she and her evolutions are but the name didn't fit, and neither did "technicolor" so I thought, what the heck? I'll call her Polly for short. Polly fit in right away and was the only girl for a while. She first got her chance to shine when Sirius and Yelloweyes got put to sleep by a shroomish's effect spore, and I didn't have any way to heal them. They had already weakened the shroomish and Polly finished it off.

Petalburg Woods
In Petalburg woods I caught a rash female Silcoon named Softy. Polly hadn't evolved yet (and I even though hadn't learned the name thing-thanks, Nicolas!) so I was really hoping that she would become a Cascoon so I could use both). Anyway, as you know, Polly became a Silcoon. So I'm boxing Softy (duplicates clause + Softy only knows Harden because I caught her as a Silcoon) I imagine rash Softy was sad about that, but it's for her own safety. I added a quirky male Wingull named Sailor to the team. Since Yelloweyes is already level eleven, thinking of having Sailor MVP Roxanne's gym. But he's a part flying type (he single wingedly crushed the gym trainers with water gun, but I'm worried still) Maybe Sirius since even with only Tackle he's probably (besides Yelloweyes, but again, I don't wanna fall into that trap of having one Pokemon handle everything because then if something happens to Yelloweyes I'm toast) and I can just buff with Howl.

Last edited:
Roxanne's Gym and my first taste of death
Yelloweyes and Sirius are dead.
I thought they could handle it. I decided to let Yelloweyes take on Roxanne. He was the strongest, and it worked for my previous file with Mudkip...he got through the two geodudes, and then Nosepass came out. He got through them, and he was in the yellow. I thought he could handle it.
But he couldnn't.
I brought Sirius out. History repeated itself and I felt so ignorant.
Sailor ended the battle.
I should have just used Sailor.

On Route 115, I caught Becky, an impish female Taillow.
Becky did not last long, as I got careless after having her solo a Bug Catcher. She caught poisoned. I battled a Whismur in her ill condition.
She died. I learned a valuable lesson.
But in brighter news, Polly evolved again. :)

Ugh...Brawley...
Suffice to say only Softy is the only healthy teammate I have...

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom