• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My Fakemon region and whatnot.

Which part of the world should our new Fakemon region be based on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
The Nogland region is based on the six US States of New England (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut), only with some liberties taken.

The three Starting Pokemon that new Noglish trainers can choose from are:

GRASS:
Moosling: The Tiny Moose Pokemon. Moosling love to eat lichen and berries. Their antlers are still budding, but can pack a wallop when it feels threatened.

FIRE: Scorpent: The Flame Snake Pokemon. In this Pokemon's mouth are a special gland that creates fire. Its tongue can reach temperatures of 9500 degrees Fahrenheit.

WATER: Lobswab: The Bubble Lobster Pokemon. This Pokemon's pincers can break through diamond. It also can create a frothy mixture of bubbles from its mandibles that apparent taste like pennies.

Just from these tidbits, who would your starter be?

You know how some Kantonian Pokemon vary in the Alola region? Well the Nogland region has different versions of Hoennese Pokemon.

Introducing Noglish Poochyena and Skitty!

Here in the Nogland region, poochyena is an electric / ground type. It has a lighter coat with spots, its fur has a lot of static, and its Jaws can crush the bones of its prey.

And noglish Skitty is a psychic / ice type. Its fur looks white, but it's actually clear, reflecting the sunlight. It can move silently through snow, and has a great sense of hearing.

And I'd probably choose Scorpent, due to its final evolution's typing and mythical inspiration which I will reveal at some point.

And now for some of the Nogland region's early route Pokemon!

Tuxkunk, is a Poison/Normal type Pokemon based on a the striped skunk. It can have abilities Stench of Fluffy.
Quickadee the Flying-type Pokemon based on the Chickadee. It eventually becomes something very cool (pun intended) after evolving twice
And last but not least, Latroder, the Bug/Dark type based on the black widow spider. This Pokemon tends to hide in bushes, and only attacks when threatened or hungry.

The Nogland region has a classic eight gyms, and also something similar to the Island Trials in Alola. However, the six Sachems (Noglish equivalent to Kahunas), only find certain trainers worthy of these Great Quests. These would be in-between gym battles.

Gym 1: Fighting
Sachem 1: Bug
Gym 2: Water
Sachem 2: Poison
Gym 3: Ghost
Sachem 3: Ground
Gym 4: Fire
Sachem 4: Ice
Gym 5: Psychic
Sachem 5: Rock
Gym 6: Steel
Sachem 6: Flying
Gym 7: Dragon
Gym 8: Dark

Elite Four
Normal, Fairy, Grass, Electric
Champion: Mixed

Aww, the description alone makes me want to choose Moosling!

Love the Noglish forms you came up with for Poochyena and Skitty.

Like the early route Pokemon so far. Clever how you've incorporated gyms and trials together.

Ooh, love the idea of a Grass/Psychic Mega for Meganium and I've been hoping for a Water/Dragon Mega for Feraligatr!

Now for the Fossils!

The Nogland region has not one, not two, but FOUR different fossils that can be found! You can pick one from the first set after meeting Olivia and helping her battle Team Colossus grunts. One from the second set is given to you by Roark (depending on which version you're hypothetically playing between Chaos and Order)

Rock/Fighting type Iguanuck (based on the Iguanodon) which has the ability Sap Sipper.

Rock/Ghost type Thanataur (based on the Carnotaurus) which has the ability Moxie.

Rock/Psychic type Rynojem (based on the Elasmotherium) which has a new ability called Prism Wall, which lowers the opponent's accuracy when they attempt to use a super-effective attack. This fossil is exclusive to Pokemon Chaos.

Rock/Grass type Shrubloth (based on the Megalonyx) which has a new ability called Shaggy Coat, which makes it more resistant to special attacks.

Rock/Fighting type Iguanuck (based on the Iguanodon) which has the ability Sap Sipper.

Rock/Ghost type Thanataur (based on the Carnotaurus) which has the ability Moxie.
Thank you for reminding me of the Disney movie, Dinosaur! As for Rynojem and Shrubloth, I really love the idea of creating Fossil Pokemon based on the woolly rhino and giant ground sloths. I think I'd go for Rynojem for the typing!

And now to reveal the evolved forms of the starters, and more!

At lv 15, the starters evolve for the first time.

Moosling evolves into Conifelk. Its sure becomes a bit darker and coarser, and its antlers are slowly starting to branch out.

Scorpent evolves into Ophisinge, it grows small arm-like stubs with feather-like fiery growths, and a flame on its head.

Lobswab evolves into Krustaneer, and its shell becomes harder, and it grows fonder of shiny objects.

At lv 38 they evolve again.

Brutalces is Grass/Dark, Azteconda is Fire/Fairy, and Captulcean is Water/Steel.
Based on the Wendigo with touches of Megaloceros, various interpretations of the Mesoamerican feathered serpent god, and pirates/Lovecraftian mythos respectively.

Are you Trainers satisfied with your Starter pick?

At level 17, Tuxkunk evolves into Skunxedo, the Stealthy Pokemon.

Quickadee evolves into Navyjay at lv 15 ant then into Frostrix at lv 32. Frostrix is Flying/Ice.

Latroder evolves into Latrachne at level 20.

Noglish Poochyena and Noglish Skitty both evolve at max happiness.

A new Noglish form has been revealed! Noglish Gulpin is Poison/Fairy type, and has quite the sweet tooth.

Now for story updates!

Your character has just returned to the Nogland region after vacationing in Alola!

Professor Maple gives you and and your rival (opposite gender) a starter (obviously you call first dibs on Moosling, Scorpent, or Lobswab) Your rival picks the one stronger to yours, but a Team Colossus Grunt steals it shortly after your first battle! Your rival gets the remaining starter which is weak to yours. It turns out Team Colossus's leader, Leonid, wanted the Starter for his nefarious uses.

Team Colossus wants to overthrow the Pokemon League in Nogland and replace it with one that "benefits both Trainers AND Pokemon equally".

Leonid's signature Pokemon is Mega....
LUXRAY! Electric/Dark with the ability Infuriate (pretty much a special attack equivalent to Intimidate)

the third counterpart of Khioset and Ohdaeris is the pure flying type Halmerun, representing harmony, anelectric/flying type griffin Pokemon, based on Horus.

Khioset's signature move is Chaos Sickle, a dark type attack. Ohdaeris can learn Order Hammer, which is a grass type attack.

Halmerun's signature attack is Harmony Star, which is an electric type attack.

All three of these attacks have a 50% critical hit rate, and use either physical or special attack (whichever stat is higher for the user)

Decided to overhaul my Fakemon region!

The new starter trio:

Medolop, the Grass Hare Pokemon
Cheetorcha, the Blaze Cub Pokemon
Gorigoon, the Float Ape Pokemon

all 3 evolve at level 15 and again at 38

The new name of the region is Ahsuntei (mispelt version of "asante", Swahili for "Thanks") This region is based on East Africa, specifically the countries of Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, and South Sudan.

Oh my gosh, I’ve always wanted a Pokémon region based off Africa and I’ve always wanted a cheetah Pokémon (other than maybe Suicune). I choose you, Cheetorcha!! :love:

As much as I’ll miss the Nogland Starters, I really like these ones too! I can’t wait to see some of the other Pokémon of Ahsuenti. :)

Back
Top Bottom