• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My Fakemon region and whatnot.

Which part of the world should our new Fakemon region be based on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks to the amazing @Cresselia92 for reimagining the Nogland starters! Moosling, Sinjerpent and Lobswash looking adorable!

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    578.5 KB · Views: 7,082
Looks like the Noglish renaissance didn't go quite as planned.

However, I have a few ideas for a new region, I will create a poll shortly after I finish this post about what part of the world would be an ideal region.

Mexico is slightly winning now over Alaska.

Without further ado, I have come up with names for some of the region candidates.

Induzen (India)
Tangiyok (Alaska)
Nayam (Mexico)

If you want to do the biggest and most ambitious game ever, choose China.
If you want to focus on mythology, choose India or Mexico.
If you want to design varied Pokemon creatures, choose Brazil, or Colombia. :wynaut:

The Nayam region will have some regional variants of Pokemon originally from other regions!
Let's start with some who originated in Unova!
Nayamean Joltik and Galvantula will be Bug/Dark, and based on the Mexican red-kneed tarantula.
Nayamean Purrloin and Liepard will be Fairy type, and have a final evolution called Alebruma (a Fairy/Flying type whose name derives from Alebrije [a type of brightly colored statue common in Mexican folk art] + Puma [AKA Mountain Lion/Cougar]
Nayamian Axew, Fraxure, and Haxorus are Dragon/Rock-type Pokemon that are influenced by traditional Aztec weaponry made out of Obsidian

Last edited:
Now for the early route Pokemon of the Nayam region.

Rodasher, the regional bird, pure flying type, based on a roadrunner.

Coyoki, a normal type based on a coyote, is the regional mammal.

Pillaregal, a bug/psychic type based on the larval stage of the monarch butterfly.

Spectrout will be the region fish, water/fairy and based on a rainbow trout.

Nayam will also have a regional reptile! Gilliz, a poison/dark type based on the Gila monster.

The Nayam region "games" will be Pokemon East and Pokemon West.

The mascot of Pokemon East is Ketzondal (based on Quetzalcoatl) Fairy/Dragon type
The mascot of Pokemon West is Sholycan (based on Xolotl) Ghost/Rock type

Also the Nayam starter evolved forms will now be revealed!

Shrubloth->Colophyl->Jungalloy (Grass->Grass->Grass/Steel)
Alpagma->Guanacano->Llamatoa (Fire->Fire->Fire/Ground)
Kappond->Hydrogoon->Tidalord (Water->Water->Water/Rock)

Last edited:
Now for some more Nayamean forms of Kalos Pokemon!

Fire/Water Binacle and Barbaracle are based on tube worms found in thermal vents!

Nayamean Litleo and Pyroar are Steel/Normal and based on the Nemean Lion that was slain by the mythical Hercules.

Nayamean Skiddo and Gogoat are based on Ibex with some Qilin aspects and are Dragon/Grass type!

And now, for some information on the fossils found in Nayam!

If you have the Hoof Fossil, you can resurrect the Ogre Pig Pokemon Entellet. It is a Rock/Dark type that lived in the forests of Nayam. It evolves into Chernohog. Based on the "terminator pig" Daeodon.

If you have the Tail Fossil, you can resurrect the Great Lizard Pokemon Varanoob. It is a Rock/Poison type that lived in Nayamean deserts. It evolves into Noxania. Based on the large extinct lizard known as Megalania.

Last edited:
Decided to rework the Nayam Starter trio, since there isn't really a common theme with the current trio, but I'll likely rework them into the region as more common Pokemon.

No names for them yet! But I have a feeling you'll love 'em!
All three start out as dual-types and stay that way!

Grass/Fighting Jaguar
Fire/Flying Golden Eagle
Water/Rock Sea Turtle

These animals were chosen because they are the national mammal/bird/reptile of Mexico, Nayam's real-life counterpart!

Names for the NEW Nayam region starter lines!

Jagleaf, Jagroar, and Jaguabrawl (Grass/Fighting)
Emblett, Aureagle, and Pyraquila (Fire/Flying)
Martuga, Neptuga, and Eldortuga (Water/Rock)

EDIT: Which of these would you pick for a journey through Nayam?

Back
Top Bottom