• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My Fakemon region and whatnot.

Which part of the world should our new Fakemon region be based on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
More Nayamean regional variants are here, this time some Sinnoh Pokemon!

Nayamean Croagunk and Toxicroak! Poison/Psychic types based on red-eyed tree frogs!

Nayamean Skorupi and Drapion! Dragon/Bug whip scorpions!

And last but not least.... Nayamean Drifloon and Drifblim! Fire/Flying pinatas! Nayamean Drifblim evolves into Drifiesta!

The Uthingo region is based primarily on South Africa, along with Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique, Namibia, Botswana, and Zimbabwe.
(Uthingo is Zulu for "rainbow" which describes this region's diverse Pokemon, people, cities, and nature perfectly)
Professor Baobab offers three awesome starter Pokemon for new Uthingolian Trainers.

Lycasap, the Camo Pup Pokemon, is the Grass-type starter (based on the African Wild Dog)
Roastripe, the Flame Foal Pokemon, is the Fire-type stater (based on the Plains Zebra)
Spraypent, the River Snake Pokemon, is the Water-type starter (based on the Spitting Cobra)

Early on, Trainers in Uthingo can find some very diverse Pokemon.

Meerkytt, The Sentry Pokemon, is based on a Meerkat. Normal-type
Sekrechik the Kick Bird Pokemon, is based on a Secretary Bird. Flying-type.
Scaragrubb, the Mud Larva Pokemon, is based on a larval state dung beetle. Bug/Ground-type

Uthingolian forms also exist!
Uthingolian Poochyena is a Dark/Ground type Scavenger Pokemon. based on the Spotted Hyena
Uthingolian Sandile is a Grass/Water-type Swamp Croc Pokemon. based on the Nile Crocodile
Uthingolian Shinx is an Electric/Fighting-type Fast Cub Pokemon. Based on the Cheetah

Two new Pokemon types discovered in Uthingo! Sound and Creature!
Sound is weak to Creature, Steel, and Electric.
Water resists Sound without being super-effective.
Sound is resistant to Rock, Flying, and Fighting.

Creature is immune to Fairy, weak to Dragon, Steel, and Fire. Dragon is immune to Creature. Creature is good against Fairy, Sound, and Psychic. Bug-type moves are not very effective to Creature-type Pokemon.

Old Pokemon that become Sound type include: Whismur line (pure Sound) Chatot (Sound/Flying) Kricketot line (Bug/Sound) Wailmer Line (Water/Sound)
Old Pokemon that become Creature type include: Elgyem line (Psychic/Creature) Zorua line (Creature/Dark) Growlithe and Kantonian Vulpix Lines (both Fire/Creature) Trubbish line (Poison/Creature) Dunsparce (Pure Creature) Psyduck Line (Water/Creature)

More Uthingolian forms have been discovered, along with some new regional evolutions for them!
Uthingolian Litleo is Grass/Sound, and evolves into Dandyroar!
Uthingolian Dewgong is Water/Steel and evolves into Nar-Waal (Seel is still the same)
Uthingolian Spearow is Creature/Flying and evolves into Fearbill

The Legendary duo of the Uthingo region are a Creature/Psychic type based on the Grootslang (a cryptid that is part elephant and part snake) and a Flying/Electric Lightning Bird.

Their names are Uboslang and Eshiburd respectively. They represent Wisdom and Courage respectively.

The middle evolutions of the Uthingo starters are:

Pictorn (Grass)
Quagnite (Fire)
Rinklake (Water)

Their final evolutions are:
Brambwulf (Grass/Dark)
Streipnear (Fire/Electric)
Yormgeist (Water/Ghost)

There is a Norse Mythology reference for the Uthingo starter trio.
Brambwulf, Streipnear and Yormgeist are based loosely on Fenrir, Sleipnir, and Jormungandr respectively.

Meerkytt evolves into Meerklaw, a Normal/Steel type. Sekrechick evolves into Sekaratay, a Flying/Fighting type, and Scaragrubb evolves into Ghebri, a Bug/Ground-type.

Lycasap, the Camo Pup Pokemon, is the Grass-type starter (based on the African Wild Dog)
Roastripe, the Flame Foal Pokemon, is the Fire-type stater (based on the Plains Zebra)
Spraypent, the River Snake Pokemon, is the Water-type starter (based on the Spitting Cobra)

Their final evolutions are:
Brambwulf (Grass/Dark)
Streipnear (Fire/Electric)
Yormgeist (Water/Ghost)
Late but ah, love these starters so much! I’m very conflicted between Lycasap and Roastripe. Can you describe them some more for me? For example, is it only Roastripe’s mane that’s on fire or are it’s stripes blazing flames? Are Brambwulf’s patches brambles or are the brambles entangled around it from ear to tail?

I love a lot of the Uthingolian forms and the Legendary duo too.

There are three fossil lines in Uthingo.

The Beak fossil becomes Doderp, a Flying/Rock type. This Pokemon died out due to a migration of Yungoos from another region. Found in both wisdom and courage.

The Knuckle fossil becomes Pithekid, a Rock/Fighting type that may or may not be a long lost relative of humans. Wisdom exclusive.

The Spike fossil becomes Kentrike, a Rock/Dragon type that lived a hundred fifty million years ago. Courage exclusive.

This is all so awesome.
I really like the idea of Sound as a type. I mean, why not, it has its own category of moves. I feel like Noibat and Noivern could lose their Flying typing to be part Sound types, but that's a tricky one...

I V. much look forward to more from Uthingo.

I'll have to go with Lycasap. Going with the Grass starter is a rarity for me, too.

I've decided to scrap my previous fake regions for 2020! Don't worry! A lot of these Fakemon will be back in some way shape or form!

Bigrand (name subject to change, feel free to suggest better region names) will be a region primarily based on.... Texas!

The starters are reworks of older Fakemon I had in mind for a while!

STARTER TIME!

Grass: Hynerbal, the Plant Hyena Pokemon. This Pokemon likes chewing on plants, but primarily eats carrion. The fur on its back sometimes falls off and was used for medicine in the olden days. Based on a Striped Hyena.

Fire: Firattle, the Flame Snake Pokemon. This Pokemon's tail can rattle 900 times a second when threatened. It also generates a scorching heat during this time. Based on a Diamondback Rattlesnake.

Water: Plattiby, the Platypus Pokemon. This Pokemon has been known to shoot water at small targets 180 yards away with pinpoint accuracy. Apparently, their feathers are very soft when you hug it. Based on a Duck-billed Platypus.

Last edited:
Professor Saguaro will give you one of the starters mentioned above in Unicar Town.

Before you get to the first gym in Yeddy City, you'll encounter some early route Pokemon

Derpossum (normal), the Fake Out Pokemon. This Pokemon sometimes pretends to faint in order to prevent being attacked by predators.

Vultyke (flying), the Tiny Vulture Pokemon. This Pokemon begs for scraps, and is pretty good at it. It isn't very good at flying, though.

Termint, (bug/ice) the Termite Pokemon. This Pokemon doesn't see well, and is cold to the touch. It secretes a gooey substance to feed its colony, that tastes cool.

Bigrandean forms are coming!

Bigrandean Hoothoot and Noctowl are Flying/Ground types based on Burrowing owls.

Bigrandean Mimikyu is still a Ghost/Fairy-type, but prefers Eevee over Pikachu.

Bigrandean Cubchoo is a Dark type based on the American Black Bear. It evolves into Flaertic (which is Dark/Fire)

Bigrandean Mantine is a Electric/Water type based on a Giant Freshwater Stingray. Mantyke is still the same.

Bigrandean Spoink and Grumpig are Psychic/Rock-type based on wild boars. This is apparently their original form, with stone tusks and shaggy fur.

Bigrandean Yungoos and Gumshoos are Poison/Normal-types that are based on the Striped Skunk. They stink to high heavens!

Bigrandean Wooloo and Dubwool are Normal/Steel-type, and based on the Desert Bighorn and Steel Wool.

Bigrandean Nickit and Theivul are Dark/Ground-types that are more coyote-like. They are notable in many Native Bigrandean fables as tricksters.

Now for the fossils of Bigrand!

The Tusk fossil gives you Mastokid, a rock/grass type based on the American Mastodon.

The Club fossil gives you Doderus, a rock/dark type based on the Doedicurus

The Bigrand region had some incredibly powerful legendary Pokemon!

The Legendary Mascot of Pokemon Hopes is Quetzanza a Fairy/Fire type feathered serpent Pokemon based on Quetzalcoatl.

The Legendary Mascot of Pokemon Dreams is Suenlipoca, a Fighting/Electric type black jaguar Pokemon based on Tezcatlipoca.

They each hatch from a cosmic egg, and a new one is said to appear in Bigrand once every 250 years.

Team Titan wants to use this to their advantage to not only conquer Bigrand with a powerful Legendary Pokemon, but to also fulfill an ancient prophecy that could bring an end to the world of Pokemon as we know it.

Back
Top Bottom