• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My FireRed Team

SammoLaw

Karate Cop
Reaction score
This is my projected FireRed team. I need some help on EV distrubution, held items and natures, but this is what I have come up with...
Also what do you think of my movesets and team in general?
N.B. that this team is for wireless battling/local tournaments as well.

Alakazam @??
Nature: Modest
EVs: 6 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
Calm Mind
Psychic
Fire Punch
Ice Punch

Snorlax @Leftovers
Nature: ??
EVs: ??
Curse
Return
Shadow Ball
Rest

Tyranitar @??
Nature: Adament
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Taunt

Gyarados @??
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Earthquake
Taunt
Dragon Dance
Return

Dragonite @??
Focus Punch
Substitute
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

Gengar @??
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Sludge Bomb
Focus Punch

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Alakazam looks good, but if you're going to be using Calm Mind(or even usually, in fact) give it a Timid Nature. It'll likely prove more useful than Modest. It could use a Focus Band, as that can prove to be a really annoying item, especially on superb sweepers like Alakazam.

Snorlax is standard. For EVs, I'd recommend 252 HP, 52 ATK, 148 DEF, 56 SD. Adamant would serve you best here, as it'd give that EV spread a 300 ATK with perfect EVs. Even with less than 31 IVs, etc, this set should prove useful. As anyone could tell you, Earthquake's an option over Shadow Ball. It's a judgment call, and I'd go with Shadow Ball, but Earthquake's too good to permanently discount.

Tyranitar's EVs could quite basically be 248 SPD, 252 ATK, 10 HP, with a Jolly/Adamant Nature really. Dragon Dancing is a tough thing to get on the move, but with a 360/330 SPD on turn 2, you'll find things fairly easy to outspeed the competition, leading up to a big sweep in the match. Give Tyranitar a Lum Berry, if you have a way to get one. Otherwise...something like King's Rock could prove to be a saving grace.

Gyarados and Tyranitar make for an interesting combination here. Gyarados could get the jump on a Pokemon trying to hit Tyranitar with any of Tyranitar's 5 weaknesses, considering each is only NE on Gyarados. Moveset's fine, and as for item...meh...it's pretty much the same advice as Tyranitar, though if you're really desperate you could try a Cheri Berry or Rawst Berry...but that's pretty desperate.

Dragonite's...standard too. With such a moveset you might as well go Brave with 188 in HP, 108 ATK, and 212 in SA. EVs are sketchy, but it should do the job well enough. As for item...go with a Scope Lens or Brightpowder, preferably the latter, if you have access.

Gengar...doesn't learn Ice Beam. Try the Choice Band moveset, if you have access:

Gengar@ Choice Band
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 6 HP, 252 HP, 252 SPD
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Explosion
- Focus Punch/Brick Break

Focus Punch is tempting...but Brick Break will often have that great effect for Tyranitar and Blissey you may come across.

If you don't have access to a Choice Band, I find that 252 EVs in SPD, 252 in SA, and 6 in SPD work with the special set. In this set, you basically piece together Thunderbolt with any of Giga Drain, Psychic, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Confuse Ray, or Destiny Bond. You'll want a Timid Nature. As for items...any of the above mentioned could work, aside from the Rawst Berry.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom