• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My first animation EVER(not counting lickies)!

Kayumi

#1 Manaphy FanGirl
Reaction score
Manaphyswim.gif

It was very simple. Its only two frames. But hey, I think its decent enough for a thread. Plus the sprite is cute :3

It's pretty good.
Although, did you save frame 2 as a JPEG?

Oh yeah, that sometimes happens with iaza. Take my avatar for example.
On the Iaza website, it wasn't animated, nor was it on my dad's computer.
But it is on my laptop.

That's awesome, one problem is the JPEG, but I know it's not your fault.

Thanks~! I'll try to fix it though, its annoying me and I want to make it my avvy once I make it transparent and maybe add another frame.

Thanks~! I'll try to fix it though, its annoying me and I want to make it my avvy once I make it transparent and maybe add another frame.

I can do both of those if you'd like, it'll be easy.

EDIT: well, maybe not the JPEG fixing, but I can make it transparent very easily If you give me the frames..

So did you save the individual frames on your computer for future reference?
That is probably the 2nd most important rule of animating. 1st is save your animation frames as the correct file type and make sure you have enough frames.

Strangely, manaphy's movement looks pretty smooth despite being only 2 frames!

Strangely, manaphy's movement looks pretty smooth despite being only 2 frames!

Really...? I thought it looked choppy. Thats one of the things I wanted to fix.

I think the reason the second frame looks blurry is because the two frames are slightly different sizes and iaza tried to make them the same size. It did that to one of my sprites once when one frame was a pixel wider than the other.

I think the reason the second frame looks blurry is because the two frames are slightly different sizes and iaza tried to make them the same size. It did that to one of my sprites once when one frame was a pixel wider than the other.

Really? I still have the frames in my pictures list, I'll animate it again after I make them the same size.

Yeah there is a box that asks you if you want them the same size. It is already checked. Uncheck it

Manaphyswim3.gif

I fixed it!

EDIT: Now I think I'm going to make it transparent. Then I wont have a white think moving at the bottom.

That is very improved over the last one, I like it.

Azure butterfly, it's only blurry because of jpeg.

I must say though, it looks MUCH better!

Manaphyswimavatar.gif

I made it transparent, I'm now going to attempt to make it my avatar :D

EDIT: Oh darn, just realized theres a grey thing under manaphy's arm, gotta go fix that .

Back
Top Bottom